Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Thread: K Rob Arrested?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: K Rob Arrested?

"Prophet" wrote:
    Vikings | Contract update: K. Robinson - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:08:31 -0800

Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson signed a three-year contract with base salaries of $600,000 (2006), $750,000 (2007) and $1.05 million (2008).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team finally announces K. Robinson signing - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:08:27 -0800

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings finally announced the re-signing WR Koren Robinson, who agreed to a three-year, $12.7 million deal March 11.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team not acknowledging K. Robinson contract - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:30:40 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star-Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have not confirmed the contract reportedly signed by free agent WR Koren Robinson (Vikings) last week. Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, said a deal remains in place.

Vikings | K. Robinson receives $10 million in bonuses - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:26:44 -0800

Updating prevoius reports, Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson received $10 million in bonuses in his new three-year contract with the team. Of the $10 million, $5.5 million of it is guaranteed. Due to Robinson's past, [size=16pt]the contract does protect the team in case he gets into more off-the-field issues.[/size]
    If it is for sure another violation for substance abuse, I'm sure it's bye bye Koren.

This is terrible news, I really thought Koren was all clean. But I guess not. I'm sure MNF was the last we'll being seeing of him... at least in a Vikings jersey. So I guess we're right where we were at the beginning of last season, minus Burleson. But I'm not terribly worried about our other receivers. But I think due to this, we should carry 6 active ones. Travis Taylor, I hope you're ready to be number one,

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

Wow....
    What a sad way to piss away a career.
    I'm just thankful that he didn't kill anybody.
    I hope he is able to beat his disease, but he has no place on this team.
    Thank God I didn't get his jersey....
    This is a great way to start the season, Tank out for the season, Greenway, and then Barney going and gettin hammered and leading the cops on a high-speed chance.
    This sucks huge donkey ****.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"boognish" wrote:
    What a dumbass biatch!
    > After watching him out here with Seattle for all those years, I should have known he was too big a putz to keep it together in MN; guess I just had my purple blinders on. Thankfully, the front office was smart enough to structure his contract so that if something like this happened, we wouldn't have to pay the man. I hope he got a good education in college, because his professional football career is likely over.

What a joke! I'm so pissed right now!

Unfortunately, this makes an already suspect receiving corps that much thinner. Looks like keeping Hank Baskett around wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all. Don't know who's going to be our #1 now. T-Will isn't ready for it; guess Taylor will probably be the man now. Aaarrrgggghhhh!!

Oakland was already playing 8 in the box, daring Johnson to throw the ball to our below average receivers. Now every team we meet will stack up against the run. Someone had better step up in a big way.
    Good point. If all this is true, it could run even deeper than just "losing our #1 WR".
    When I first saw this on the front page, I thought it was outdated; old news from the last incident that happened with him. Tuesday? Wow...
    Truly shocked. And I figure sense every other team in every other sport comes up with these "curses", we should just go ahead and claim one for ourselves! What the hell, right?
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

You guys make it sound like you dont need skill to be a receiver in the WCO. You do. KRob was PERFECT for the WCO. You need a someone with great hands, that can break tackles, with a little speed.

Right now the VIkings top priority should be to get the very best WR we can, no matter the cost. And hopefully MelMore will be catching passes out of the backfield, and not Chester fried Taylor. With TTaylor, MelMore and Wiggins I think we are still ok. We do need to dump Marcus Rob tho.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I want to see Kevin Kasper work out with the 1's. I'd like to see what he can do when given the oppertuinity...
    -Sno

Del Rio Guest

"CCthebest" wrote:
    You guys make it sound like you dont need skill to be a receiver in the WCO. You do. KRob was PERFECT for the WCO. You need a someone with great hands, that can break tackles, with a little speed.

Right now the VIkings top priority should be to get the very best WR we can, no matter the cost. And hopefully MelMore will be catching passes out of the backfield, and not Chester fried Taylor. With TTaylor, MelMore and Wiggins I think we are still ok. We do need to dump Marcus Rob tho.
    I don't really think you can associate K-Rob with great hands. If those are the requirements for a good WCO WR then you should have absolutley no problem filling that void.

But definately out of all the WR's in the league Krob is right up there with those considered to have butterfingers.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Did I miss something?

What makes you guys think that K. Rob will miss the rest of the season if he is in fact arrested for DUI? The league will not supsend him for one year. If they do, it will be for 4 games or so. He didn't get into any trouble last year.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Travis Taylor is not the go to guy ok he can't go long he is slow and all he does is gain very mediocre yards not even enough to make first downs. Are only guy at this point is Wiggins really it's sad that after moss has gotten traded that are #1 receiver is actually a tight end. Even look at before at Chamberlain and all these other guys. First of all I think Troy Williamson won't be ready to play yet he might not ever who knows he could be backup his whole career. However I think he's are only chance out there to be our go to guy. Marcus Robinson and Travis Taylor aren't going to get any better the only person that is is Troy Williamson.

Nice Going Koren :'(

Formerly Viking24

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He signed a conduct contract, as did all the vikings last year.
    Plus his actual contract made provisions to protect the team in the event of off the field issues.
    Add to that the rumors that the charges include reckless driving and fleeing/evading, and this is looking bad for KoRo.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast