Re: K-Dubb-Vikings are a good football team-Bad Breaks

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1085871
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085861
    Quote Originally Posted by "Minniman" #1085440
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085398
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085395
    Good teams stay fired up.

Good teams protect their QB.

Good teams converge on the ball to make the tackle on defense. The ball carrier draws a crowd, wherever he may be.

Good teams seem interested in the game.

Good teams win.
    Good stuff. A few more to add to the list....

Good teams don't lead the league in turnovers.
    Good teams don't commit stupid penalties.
    Good teams score when they get into the redzone.
    Good teams are good in all 3 phases (ST's, Offense, Defense).
    Good teams win close games.
    Good teams are coached well enough to eliminate luck as a major factor in the outcome of football games.

Luck, a crazy bounce or a slippery ball in bad weather, can make the difference in a close game, but it usually averages out. Luck is not going to make a difference when the defensive line does not get pressure and the wide receiver beats the cornerback deep by three yards.

The Vikings are not a well coached team, and I do not see an improvement under Frazier. It may be unfair, because he has to coach with the group Childress brought in, but it is, after all, his defensive scheme that is getting blow out.
    Good stuff my friend. Just one question.....

Would you say that the Vikes were well coached last year or lucky? They did get to the NFCC game based on something.

I think our problems this year is based on a couple of things.....

1. Injuries. OL hasn't been together all year.
    2. Players not happy.

I still say that if our FO pukes would have signed some players this year would have been completely different.
    LOL!

If memory serves, I was adamant about the Vikings signing OLineman & fixing our OL issues, including coaches, prior to FA.

You were dead set against it & didn't want the Vikings to waste roster spots on lineman. You thought we were set.
    He also said that our Receivers could carry a QB and that Jackson was a viable starter...

... when will you learn not to listen to what Marrdro says unless you have a beer bet with him?

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1086620
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085861
    Quote Originally Posted by "Minniman" #1085440
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085398
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1085395
    Good teams stay fired up.

Good teams protect their QB.

Good teams converge on the ball to make the tackle on defense. The ball carrier draws a crowd, wherever he may be.

Good teams seem interested in the game.

Good teams win.
    Good stuff. A few more to add to the list....

Good teams don't lead the league in turnovers.
    Good teams don't commit stupid penalties.
    Good teams score when they get into the redzone.
    Good teams are good in all 3 phases (ST's, Offense, Defense).
    Good teams win close games.
    Good teams are coached well enough to eliminate luck as a major factor in the outcome of football games.

Luck, a crazy bounce or a slippery ball in bad weather, can make the difference in a close game, but it usually averages out. Luck is not going to make a difference when the defensive line does not get pressure and the wide receiver beats the cornerback deep by three yards.

The Vikings are not a well coached team, and I do not see an improvement under Frazier. It may be unfair, because he has to coach with the group Childress brought in, but it is, after all, his defensive scheme that is getting blow out.
    Good stuff my friend. Just one question.....

Would you say that the Vikes were well coached last year or lucky? They did get to the NFCC game based on something.

I think our problems this year is based on a couple of things.....

1. Injuries. OL hasn't been together all year.
    2. Players not happy.

I still say that if our FO pukes would have signed some players this year would have been completely different.
    LOL!

If memory serves, I was adamant about the Vikings signing OLineman & fixing our OL issues, including coaches, prior to FA.

You were dead set against it & didn't want the Vikings to waste roster spots on lineman. You thought we were set.
    He also said that our Receivers could carry a QB and that Jackson was a viable starter...

... when will you learn not to listen to what Marrdro says unless you have a beer bet with him?

Caine
    And all I heard was how the Noodle would make our WR's and our OL better.

From what I've seen, our recievers can carry a QB. We saw that they could in 2009. Without them, in 2010 we sucked.

And the OL looked pretty damn good protecting young Web. Even with 2 backup G's in there.

On a side note, I still have time on TJ. Like the other two (WR/OL) I suspect I will be vindicated as well and will be enjoying EJ and Caines beer. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

LOL!

How was I deadset against it? I've been dead set on getting rid of our OL coaches and have been against Big Mac for about 3 or 4 years.

My stance has been that if you don't get dibs on one of the top flight guys you might as well get a UDFA and bring him in cause the latter round guys are all about that same caliber. Atleast they have been in the last 3 or 4 drafts.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dfosterf is offline Coach

I think the Vikes are fan-friggin'-tastic.

Keep up the good work. :P

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234