Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

JWalk's Thoughts on Philly/Minny Game

Im making a return after my Packers received an upsetting pounding by the hated Minnesota Vikings. Take this for what its worth, this is just my 2 cents on what I believe this game will come down to.

First off, I believe Philly will get to Culpepper. They will fluster him and sack him 4 or 5 times. Hurry him all day. And I believe the Eagles will keep the explosive Minnesota offense in check simply because I dont believe Minnesota will be able to exploit the blitzing attack of Philly. My difference maker in this game is Onterrio Smith. I believe this guy will have a big day. I look for Onterrio to have an 80 yard rushing day with about 50-60 yards receiving. He will serve as Culpeppers "security blanket" and will always be there when Daunte is getting blitzed. I dont believe the Eagles linebackers are versatile enough to cover the talented running backs of Bennett and Smith.

I believe McNabb will have a big day through the air and on the ground. I know its only Todd Pinkston, Freddie Mitchell and LJ Smith, however I look for Westbrook to have a nice day as well. He will have some 70 yards rushing as well as 100 some yards receiving. Minnesota will have a tough time stopping McNabb unless they get some sort of a solid pass rush. Much like they did against Green Bay. Get in McNabb's face and he will throw ridiculous passes. However, I do believe Minnesota will get in McNabb's face but the difference maker here is the Viking's linebackers. They need to key on Culpepper and Westbrook. Have one on one coverage with the Eagles mediocre receivers and just shut down McNabb.

Overall, its simple. Minnesota has a much better offense than Philly and Philly has a much better defense than Minnesota. This game will ultimately come down to 3 things. Experience, Momentum and Special Teams. The Eagles have the experience, The Vikes have the momentum but the kicker (no pun intended) will be Special Teams. Who will make the necessary field goals, keep the average starting point low and make the needed plays will play a key factor in the result of this game. Philly typically has good special teams and I see Minnesota going down to this Philly team much like the Packers did last season in the Playoffs. Getting off to a fast start, putting it in to cruise control and then watching it slip through their fingers. Of course there won't be any 4th and 26 in this game.

Eagles 24
    Vikings 20
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Re: JWalk's Thoughts on Philly/Minny Game

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    Eagles 24
    Vikings 20
    [size=7px][/size]

Correct me if I'm wrong but did or did you not predict a Packer win
    last week? Let me tell you whats gonna happen in Philly.

VIKINGS 31
    beagles 17

:cheers:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I think this game will come down to turnovers just like the Green Bay game did. Without TO McNabb will have to throw it up for grabs on occasion. That is their Achilles heal IMO. I think our defense will show up again. And our offense can put 30 pts on the board against any team in the playoffs.

WWBGD

BlingBling is offline Training Camp

But RK, it didn't post 30 points back in September when it was warm. Only 17. Do you really expect to post 30 pts in 20 degree weather with a recent 3-20 record outdoors??? Hellllsssss NO

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Not bad jwalk. But, I also agree with RK. Turnovers are the key. Mainly us getting some of theirs. And please can we score some points off of them!

WaltzingMewelde is offline Training Camp

hey bling...werent you guys using that cold weather stat against Tampa when they spanked you in the championship game?
    SKOL!!!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

But RK, it didn't post 30 points back in September when it was warm. Only 17. Do you really expect to post 30 pts in 20 degree weather with a recent 3-20 record outdoors??? Hellllsssss NO
    We are a better team than we were in Sept. and you are a worse team than you were in Sept. And did you see the Packer game? It was cold and we put up 31 pts. :wink:

WWBGD

Del Rio Guest

I'd say that's a fair analysis especially with that ferocious pass D.

The WR's are crap, but the TE's are some of the best. If we wide this wave it doesn't really matter if we play outdoors indoors on grass on concrete Eagles are getting their ass beat.

Greenbay got loud, Greenbay got cold, Greenbay's field was horrible. Greenbay got its ass sent home.

It's all about heart this time of year.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

"BlingBling" wrote:
    Do you guys read your own weather reports? The weather channel says it will be in the mid 30's and your own eagles dot com site has the forecasted temp close to or in the 40's???? Of course you can't trust any weather mans predicitions god knows but it was about 30 in Lambeau at best so the cold weather factor doesn't hold water any more. Try another angle.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"BlingBling" wrote:
    In that game, we were inside teh 25 six times.

One TD was called back for holding.
    DC fumbled on the one INCH line as the rest of his body crossed the goal line.

Like it has been stated, Turn Overs will be the Key along with Penalties.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast