C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Justin McCareins

Another WR thread... who's excited??!!!
    ;D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=lastcall07/week4

• The Jets are dangling wide receiver Justin McCareins again and wouldn't mind dumping him before the Oct. 16 trade deadline. The problem might not be finding a team that needs a wide receiver but rather one willing to pay McCareins' salary. His base salary for this season is $2.4 million, and he is due a $2.5 million roster bonus in the spring. Any team that takes on McCareins might want him to rework his contract. But as a vested veteran, he already is due his full salary for this year.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Justin McCareins

Whats the point of looking at a WR when we have no QB to get him the ball and our OL is not playing up to their ability? I like Wade and Rice. Twill is decent. Ferguson sucks. Allison is promising but where was he on sunday?

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    Another WR thread... who's excited??!!!

;D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=lastcall07/week4

• The Jets are dangling wide receiver Justin McCareins again and wouldn't mind dumping him before the Oct. 16 trade deadline. The problem might not be finding a team that needs a wide receiver but rather one willing to pay McCareins' salary. His base salary for this season is $2.4 million, and he is due a $2.5 million roster bonus in the spring. Any team that takes on McCareins might want him to rework his contract. But as a vested veteran, he already is due his full salary for this year.
    No, not interested in the least

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    Whats the point of looking at a WR when we have no QB to get him the ball and our OL is not playing up to their ability? I like Wade and Rice. Twill is decent. Ferguson sucks. Allison is promising but where was he on sunday?
    I agree, we need a QB.

You need a truck before you buy a boat. No sense of having a boat with nothing to pull it with.
    I guess Childress hasn't figured that out yet.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I tend to think we're not as bad-off at WR as some think we are.

Rice showed he has the ABILITY to be the go-to guy...that was possibly the ONLY bright spot from Sunday; he was the man on that drive.
    I think "Turd-Ferguson" being brought in has hurt our team; as he is no more than adequate at WR and is taking away growing opportunities from our younger players...

Twill.... hopefully he continues to be serviceable; that's all I've seen from him.
    Allison has potential (we've heard that before). Wade earns his paycheck every week... I'm not disappointed in our WR's, they're just not having the opportunities to showcase what they have... be it THEM not getting open or our QB not getting the ball there... I don't know which... because it comes down to the OL sucking at pass blocking.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"ThorSPL" wrote:

Rice showed he has the ABILITY to be the go-to guy...that was possibly the ONLY bright spot from Sunday; he was the man on that drive.
    I think "Turd-Ferguson" being brought in has hurt our team; as he is no more than adequate at WR and is taking away growing opportunities from our younger players...

Twill.... hopefully he continues to be serviceable; that's all I've seen from him.
    Allison has potential (we've heard that before). Wade earns his paycheck every week... I'm not disappointed in our WR's, they're just not having the opportunities to showcase what they have... be it THEM not getting open or our QB not getting the ball there... I don't know which... because it comes down to the OL sucking at pass blocking.
    Watching Rice play was definitely a positive from this week's game.

So was AP... at least for the first half. Childress is an idiot.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

I think MensaTice should change his name MensaChildress.
    It just fits.

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

I think MensaTice should change his name MensaChildress.
    It just fits.
    But his avatar is just too good.

Plus, Childress will be gone soon. No use in changing it.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Wade, Rice, TWill > McCariens
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.