Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Just When The Vikes Fans Think that It can't get worse

"marantzo" wrote:
    When I was watching the game last night and it was early in the second half, I got this terrible premonition that this was not going to be good. As the game progressed I thought that maybe the message to my brain earlier was wrong. Turnover, Bam! Nope, the message I got was right. Some plays later, well maybe not. Finally, interception...Yep it was a mistaken message. Whoops another turnover TD bing bang, this really wasn't going to be good. Plus the clock was the slowest I've ever seen. Chicago in the lead, Cards have done nothing on offense in the 2nd half, no way the message was wrong. Cards end up in easy field goal range, the message was BS after all. Rackers can't miss this, can he? Yes he can! I win my pool pick (get shut out of the prize when I lose the Oak/Den score contest), lose my hope that the Bears wouldn't win and learned that when you get a message from the beyond, and it's a negative message, believe it.
    And you didn't even get a visit from "The Ghost Whisperer" (Jennifer Love Hewitt)!!!
    >
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    The Bears have to be the luckiest team on earth.
    When Griffith picked that pass off and it was 23-10 I thought that was it.
    Run the clock down.
    They have Edge.
    No way the Bears come back now.

By the way the new rule hurt the Cards last night.
    Last year the play that Edge fumbled would have been whistled dead.
    His forward progress was stopped and now refs are waiting to blow the whistle.

Anyhow, the Bears showed vulnerabilities last night and against us when we played them.
    Pressure Grossman and they can be beat.
    Teams just have to take advantage of what the Bears give them.
    We didn't nor did the Cards.

Just to think right now we could be enjoying first place in the division if it weren't for two games that were 4th quarter debockles.
    http://www.m-w.com/

Not a criticism...just a suggestion!

P.S. I use it all the time myself.
    Thanks Cajun
    ;D
    I take that personally.
    Just kidding.

Greenway26 is offline Training Camp

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Maybe everyone can now realize that the Bears, while good, are not all their cracked up to me.
    They were handed wins by us and the cardinals and by all rights should be 4-2.
    That's exactly right.
    I thought when we played them that they looked like an average team who just hadn't played anyone with a good D yet.
    The Cardinal's game reinforced that thought, and now everyone sees it.
    Doesn't matter how good your D is, if your QB sucks and you can't score on O you are VERY beatable.
    This division is NOT automatically the Bears.
    They could go down in flames yet, all it'd take is a key injury or 2, or just for them to actually play some good teams.
    Lets face it, the only teams they've played thus far are really bad, or average teams....not like they've had any impressive wins.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Greenway26" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Maybe everyone can now realize that the Bears, while good, are not all their cracked up to me.
    That's exactly right.
    I thought when we played them that they looked like an average team who just hadn't played anyone with a good D yet.
    Doesn't matter how good your D is, if your QB sucks and you can't score on O you are VERY beatable.
    This division is NOT automatically the Bears.
    They could go down in flames yet, all it'd take is a key injury or 2, or just for them to actually play some good teams.
    Lets face it, the only teams they've played thus far are really bad, or average teams....not like they've had any impressive wins.
    The Bears still have difficult teams coming up.
    I don't have the schedule in front of me but I know they run into NE and us again.
    I give them credit because they have beaten Seattle pretty impressively.
    However their vulnerability is when a team can get to Grossman.
    I will give credit where it's due and they did what it took to get the Ws.
    I agree they should be 4-2 and we should be 4-1.
    The bottom line is they are 6-0 and we are 3-2.
    Right now I will say they are the best team in football because they do what it takes to win.
    They have looked impressive at times but they have been vulnerable too.
    Every team has their vulnerabilities.
    Even the Colts have slipped by a couple of times this year against the Jets and Titans.
    So all we can do is wait and see how things pan out.
    As of now IMO they have to be considered the better team,

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"Greenway26" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    That's exactly right.
    This division is NOT automatically the Bears. They could go down in flames yet, all it'd take is a key injury or 2, or just for them to actually play some good teams.
    I agree that the Bears should have at least 1 loss right now, and it should have came against the Cardinals on MNF.

And even after Grossman's horrible game this past Monday, the Bears offense has clearly gotten better over the last few years.

I hate to admit it, but the bears have the NFC North locked up.

We have to play the Seahawks @ Seattle, and then the Patriots at Minnesota.

Meanwhile, the Bears have a bye in week 7, and then they play the 9ers at home.

In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"DPep11" wrote:
    This game hurts though... the Bears could have been 5-1 and if everything goes as planned next sunday we could be 4-2 and one game behind them having to win in Chicago if necessary. I've never been so pissed about a game that has nothing to do with the Vikings.
    the bears could have, and should have been not only 5-1, but 4-2.

they should have lost to both the Vikings and the Cards, unfortunatly though, in the world of the NFL nothing is ever gauranteed, and unfortunatly, and fortunatly for the bears, things went their way, twice, late in both games.

so all that matters atm is they are 6-0 and we're 2 games behind them (even though we should have beat the bills)

point being, we can bitch all we want, but the only thing that matters in the world of the NFL is the record.

im with cajun now, hoping for a wild card, the bears are a scary team, they're goign to the playoffs one way or another, and being 3-0 in the division at this point its looking like its goign to be with an NFC North crown.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Stupid Cards, losing a 20 point lead and the game to 0 offensive TDs. (On the bright side, the Bears DST won one of my fantasy games for me)
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

The Bears have a good run defense, but the pass D is pooh. Brad had 200+ yards against them, Carolina the same. San Diego has the best D IMO, and maybe the best team in the league. The Bears aint all that. Grossman is not the guy to lead them to the SB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123