Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Texanvike is offline Rookie

Re: Just a thought...

What is wrong with the wait and see argument?
    How often do first year staring quarterbacks play well?
    Very rarely.
    Most of them play terribly.
    I love lamp.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

There is the ole Big Bad Ragz we used to see alot of.
    Glad to see your back in fine form. ;D

As to the Brohm/TJ arguement.

Schutz, are you saying that Brohm is more NFL ready than Quinn?
    Not trying to put words in your mouth here but he would have to be if one were to agree with your points as we all know that Quinn couldn't beat out Charlie Frye or DA for a starting job and is still riding the pine.

Regardless, I hope to shit Brohm could come in and play at least to the level TJ did last year.
    He should based on his collegiate career and scheme they ran, but to think that he could come in and run this offense at least to the level TJ will this year is kindof thinking a bit out of the box.

Not trying to say anything bad about the kid but he hasn't had 2 years of NFL coaching as well as 2 years of off season reps and 14 games of actual time under a NFL center playing at the NFL level.

To think he could come in and produce better than TJ this year is stretching it a bit especially when he is projected by most scouts/Draft Guru's to go late in the first, early in the second.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Potus2028" wrote:
    Remember how every week in New York there was a get rid of Eli hullaboloo for the first few years. And nobody was really sure when Eli would leave?

Didn't he end up winning a Super Bowl?

Isn't TJack a contreversal character that "isn't developing as quickly as we wanted to"?

hmmm..

Patience I say.
    So did Brad Johnson and how fast did the fans here turn on him when he had no protection from the line and thus had a bad year.

And there are other QB's who won a SB but did little after that. The names Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams and Jeff Hostetler come to mind off the top of my head. One of them even won a SB with the same team as Eli.

That being said I think Eli and TJ suffered from the same problem which is they weren't getting the protection they needed to be an effective QB. The Giants line came together last year in the last half and started to give Eli the time to make his reads and when that happened he made the right choices and the team did great. So the question is, if our line suddenly improves it's pass protection, will TJ be able to make decisions and execute them as well as Eli did last year. I would like to see that happen. The final question is how will Eli do this year.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

The last time I checked, by far the majority of the pp.oers are in the 'wait and see' category with Tarvaris.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:

The last time I checked, by far the majority of the pp.oers are in the 'wait and see' category with Tarvaris.
    I was patient last year.

I am expecting results this year and am pretty confident we will see them but that isn't to say that I don't expect to see a few gaffs this year by TJ as he is still learning.
    I just expect to see less of them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I was patient last year.

I am expecting results this year and am pretty confident we will see them but that isn't to say that I don't expect to see a few gaffs this year by TJ as he is still learning.
    He has one year as a starter under his belt.
    I also expect to see more consistency.
    But, it would be idiotic to think, even for a second, that there won't be sporadic play this year from him.
    The sky-is-falling crowd will be coming out of the cellars after the first INT or misread as if they are surprised by this.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I was patient last year.

But, it would be idiotic to think, even for a second, that there won't be sporadic play this year from him.
    The sky-is-falling crowd will be coming out of the cellars after the first INT or misread as if they are surprised by this.
    LOL, I hear ya my friend.
    Excellent post.

I'd move you up a column but you are already at the highest level on the spreadsheet.
    ;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I was patient last year.

They're already out. They never crawled into the cellar after the season ended.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ragz is offline GM

"Marrdro" wrote:
    There is the ole Big Bad Ragz we used to see alot of.

Glad to see your back in fine form. ;D

As to the Brohm/TJ arguement.

Schutz, are you saying that Brohm is more NFL ready than Quinn?
    Not trying to put words in your mouth here but he would have to be if one were to agree with your points as we all know that Quinn couldn't beat out Charlie Frye or DA for a starting job and is still riding the pine.

Regardless, I hope to pooh Brohm could come in and play at least to the level TJ did last year.
    He should based on his collegiate career and scheme they ran, but to think that he could come in and run this offense at least to the level TJ will this year is kindof thinking a bit out of the box.

Not trying to say anything bad about the kid but he hasn't had 2 years of NFL coaching as well as 2 years of off season reps and 14 games of actual time under a NFL center playing at the NFL level.

To think he could come in and produce better than TJ this year is stretching it a bit especially when he is projected by most scouts/Draft Guru's to go late in the first, early in the second.

that's all i've been saying for christ sakes.
    it seems like anytime you are sarcastic or refer to a theory as idiotic people take it so personal.
    if we are all gonna get so sensative about opinions, then here is my opinion.
    there's two circles.
    the first circle is full of football fans that understand the majority of nfl qbs are not created overnight, or over one year, and in most times not for 2-3 years.
    so when a young qb makes mistakes you expect them to an extent and then base all other opinions off of the positives you do see.

the 2nd circle thinks basically any qb, especially one that played at any of the bcs schools, is automatically a better option than tjack, and will not look anything like tjack, cuz they are superior young qbs who will excel right off the bat.
    or maybe it's just that they will be willing to be more patient with them cuz they played at a big school.
    or some other "retarded" theory.

i dont mind opinions, trust me i got alot of em, i just dont like brash judgements being made based on little fact.
    i also understand that when i put my opinion on the line i am ready for people to disagree with it and not be upset everytime someone makes a better point than me.
    okay maybe not getting upset isn't totally true cuz i'll keep on fighting over it, but calling an argument moronic isn't that bad, lighten up.
    plus i was referring to alot of ppoers.
    i can't help it if a section of you guys are regularly wrong
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

ragz is offline GM

"Schutz" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    [quote author=ragz link=topic=44122.msg760728#msg760728 date=1208417819]
    [quote author=Schutz link=topic=44122.msg760722#msg760722 date=1208417039]
    [quote author=ragz link=topic=44122.msg760709#msg760709 date=1208411953]
    controversial?
    and eli was a 1st overall pick and was in the league longer with a better offense than tavaris.
    basically what i'm saying is that people who haven't been patient so far with tavaris are just morons.
    if they expect a guy with 14 carreer starts to have everything figured out and make no mistakes then it would explain why they have been replacing him with any qb on the market or the draft.
    Yes questioning our QB=Morons.
    Just keep on keeping on I guess............ :
    pretty close if you've determined jackson is a waste and brohm is a saviour based on 14 games of experience and no nfl experience.
    And who is saying Brohm is a savior?
    i'm sorry, i'm putting words in your mouth.
    the backup plan for "WHEN" tjack fails as so many of you like to put.
    questioning our qb is alot different than having him replaced when he's hardly played.
    the same people had us drafting brady quinn last year after tjack played 2 games cuz from what they saw he's not cut out for an nfl job.
    i wish i had some of your guys evaluation skills.
    i could make big bucks coming to all these conclusions so fast with such little evidence to go by.
    Yeah I agree, it's too bad you don't.

And yes I don't think T-Jack is going to succeed, but I also didn't know I was writing articles for papers I guess.
    I also know T-Jack will probably start the season, and I hope he does well because if he doesn't and all we have is Ferotte we're in trouble long term.

Heck since you like to throw words into my mouth so much I guess I can just assume that you wish we didn't even have a backup QB, because T-Jack doesn't need one with all that talent.
    I'm not so much mad at your position(that's your right), but the fact that you like to throw around words like "silly guy" when talking about people who don't think T-Jack is our guy.
    I don't go around calling all the T-Jack supporters morons.

Although I did enjoy my asking of who says Brohm is a savior into your answer of mocking anybody who doesn't like T-Jack.
    Heck I'm just going to assume T-Jack has a 100 QB rating this year now since you've convinced me of the error of my ways.
    :
    [/quote]
    listen, dont go jumping on your high horse.
    in one of the other threads you are basically proposing brohm could win the job outta training camp, so if i assume that you think he's a savior maybe it's statements like that?
    secondly, i call people morons for expecting a young qb to have all the answers not even a full season into his career. but then somehow some other rookie is gonna have everything figured out.
    i'm trying to be realistic about the situation and try to understand that not many qbs figure it out overnight.

and i'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before.
    theres not much precedence for a team with a young starting qb taking another young qb as their 1st round pick.
    especially one that might be on the verge of the playoffs.
    so excuse me that i find it moronic that some viking fans have watched tjack so much that they pretty much think anyone can come in and do a better job.
    now don't get me wrong, b.johnson, k.holcomb, and b.bollinger are in no way dan marino, but if i recall correctly they sucked just as bad if not worse, and also didn't win as many games as tavaris did combined.
    there's alot of reasons why our pass offense has been porous for the last 3 years, so i'm getting tired of hearing about tavaris being the problem all the time when the guy's played 14 nfl games and our pass offense has sucked for 48.

[/quote]

If you're so tired of it then stop reading about it and posting about it.
    Talk about your high horses, I guess you certainly know a a lot about horses with height problems.
    I like Brohm, and I think he could atleast produce at T-Jack's level his rookie year, but that's my opinion based on what I've seen on his scouting reports and him playing, I could see him easing in just like another QB I liked, Cutler.
    I'm also not talking about if the Vikings ARE going to take him, I've just stated what I think of him.

But I'm not going to waste any more time when the only response I'll get out of you is the same old "wait and see" argument, I get it you like T-Jack and I don't, no need for your constant belittling and name calling,
    And I do find it funny the person complaining about myself being on a high horse treats people who disagree with him on an opinion based argument as mindless peasants and calls them morons.
    Hmmmm......
    [/quote]
    oh yah i forgot this.
    cutler?
    he took over midseason for a team that was in the afc championship game the year before, was in the middle of the playoff race, and lost out to damon huard and the chiefs for the playoff spot.
    and then has his team drafting in front of us this upcoming year.
    am i saying he won't be good?
    no.
    i'm saying if easing in means having a losing record but putting up more passing yards is what you want, than maybe brohm is the way to go.
    do you really think jackson is so far behind in his progression then v.young, cutlet, leinart, croyle, clemens?
    all those guys have been mediocre at best, so why is it so important for us to have a backup plan but those teams feel like they dont need one?
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast