Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just A Thought

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Just A Thought

Overall, I am pretty happy with the new organization and its approach to this year and the future with one exception.

It is pretty evident to me that the organization has failed to give Brad a raise or a long term contract because this will be his last year and Tavaris will be behind the Center next year.

If in fact this is the case then why not go ahead and let Tavaris get the experience this year.
    I know it would probably mean an increased possiblility of a loosing season but it sure would be fun to watch him add the additional threat of a running/mobile QB to our offense.

This could have some secondary benifits (i.e. could buy a bit more time for the recievers as well as help the running game a bit) that could help our offense get going a bit.

Of course the recievers would have to hold onto the ball for this plan to work
    ;D

By him gettting game time experience this year, along with drafting some O-line help as well as a reciever who can catch the ball in next years draft and add some depth at the other positions (i.e. LB, RB) we should have a formidable team on the field next year.

THOUGHTS.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Just A Thought

Are you serious???

We're 3-2 right now, and have a legitimate chance of earning a playoff spot.
    Why put that in jeopardy???
    Besides, I think Brad Johnson is likely to be our starter this year and next.

I have a feeling we come out of this bye week, clicking, firing on all cylinders, the offense and the defense playing solid football.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Putting a rookie QB into the game before he is ready can have long lasting negative effects on the QB.
    TJ needs to be brought into the system and the pace of the game before he is thrown into the wolves.

He will be put in soon enough, don't worry.
    Just not this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Overall, I am pretty happy with the new organization and its approach to this year and the future with one exception.

It is pretty evident to me that the organization has failed to give Brad a raise or a long term contract because this will be his last year and Tavaris will be behind the Center next year.

If in fact this is the case then why not go ahead and let Tavaris get the experience this year.
    I know it would probably mean an increased possiblility of a loosing season but it sure would be fun to watch him add the additional threat of a running/mobile QB to our offense.

This could have some secondary benifits (i.e. could buy a bit more time for the recievers as well as help the running game a bit) that could help our offense get going a bit.

Of course the recievers would have to hold onto the ball for this plan to work
    ;D

By him gettting game time experience this year, along with drafting some O-line help as well as a reciever who can catch the ball in next years draft and add some depth at the other positions (i.e. LB, RB) we should have a formidable team on the field next year.

THOUGHTS.

I have a feeling you are correct about the money deal. I think Brad Johnson is just going to be here this year. I do not see Childress putting T-Jack in and in reality I am not even sure if he is our future.

They may have their eyes set on Matt Schuab or some other free agent next year. I do think your right about the contract thing though.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Are you serious???

I have a feeling we come out of this bye week, clicking, firing on all cylinders, the offense and the defense playing solid football.
    Didn't say right now, only if things go south over the next 2 or 3 games.
    As for rookie playing rookie QB's before they are ready, there are lots of QBs that went in before they were ready.
    To many to mention.
    If he is going to be good it won't affect him.

Again, not a proponent of change no just to change but rather a topic of discussion.
    Better that Turd discussions. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

are you out of your skull! I think you hit the wrong vein. Clean performances by Johnson will coast the Vikes into the playoffs.

Del Rio Guest

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    Are you serious???

As for rookie playing rookie QB's before they are ready, there are lots of QBs that went in before they were ready.
    To many to mention.

Again, not a proponent of change no just to change but rather a topic of discussion.
    There are also a vast majority of HOF QB's that were 2nd stringers before they took the reigns. The idea of well if he is good he will play good regardless is not true. Some guys can step up and handle it some can not. Are you willing to let his fuck up for 2 years to see if he can learn? Or would you rather him get all the plays all the looks down pat and then be integrated into the system and see if he can play?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I'll pass on that suggestion...mainly because it would be giving up on this season.
    Now if we end up out of the playoff race (which I don't think will happen), then go ahead and start TJ.
    BUT until that happens, BJ gives us the best chance to win.
    Heck, a few plays the right way and we are 5-0...of course, a few plays the wrong way and we are 0-5!

What the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans did with the development of Steve McNair is a prime example of the right thing to do.
    They sat McNair for TWO whole seasons and let Chris Chandler (a veteran QB that also took his team to a Super Bowl...albeit a losing effort) run the team during that time.
    By the time that McNair was ready, he jumped in and was ready to roll...taking his team to the brink of a Super Bowl victory against the Rams.
    We should wait as long as possible...giving TJ the most preparation before throwing him to the wolves.
    To do otherwise would be a huge gamble on our future!

I welcome the debate on this topic, though, Marrdro!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

The problem is we are in the NFC, we won't be out of the playoff race until the last game of the season.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    Are you serious???

To many to mention.

Look at Eli Manning and Phil Rivers drafted same year.

Eli was starting his rookie year by week 9, and he was making mistake after mistake and was getting killed!
    He learned but he learned the hard way and he was taking a beating from the press and fans and I seriously think he was close to folding a few different times.

Philip Rivers learned from the bench for a few years and finally got a chance to start his 3rd year, and has looked poised and ready to take over the reigns and lead a team.

Jeff George brought in to start as a rookie and I think it broke him and he never developed into the QB he should have been because of it!
    I think you need to develop a QB for a few years before he gets thrown into a starting role and preseason is great but it's not the same as regular season and teams don't run blitzes and stunts as much as they run in regular season and if you aren't ready you can have your confidence stripped from you really really quick.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast