Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Re: JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    Regardless, Chilly is an idiot to go for it.
    minutes left, down by 3 and you go for it knowing you hand them another 3 if you fail?
    DUMB DUMB DUMB
    Considering the way our defense was playing, it was the right gamble to take. It was a good bet that our defense would have held them to a field goal. Whether we were down by 3 or down by 6, either way we would retake the lead with another touchdown.

When games are on the line in the closing minutes, you want to give up, at most, field goals, and score touchdowns.

Go Vikings!

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"ragz" wrote:
    there is no excuse to me that will make any sense into how childress handled the situation.
    i didn't mind him going for it, but using a timeout, then challenging, having his punt team out there, and then peterson talking him into going for it.
    thats a situation where you should know exactly what you are gonna do if you didn't pick it up on 3rd down and probably have your play set for what its gonna be, instead we lose 2 timeouts and run the creative play of peterson up the middle.
    the handling of that play could have easily cost us the game.
    not so much the decision, but the execution of going with that decision.
    but we'll forget it and just wait for a loss becuz of that for it to matter.
    I thought he just challenged, using only one timeout....
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    there is no excuse to me that will make any sense into how childress handled the situation.
    i didn't mind him going for it, but using a timeout, then challenging, having his punt team out there, and then peterson talking him into going for it.
    thats a situation where you should know exactly what you are gonna do if you didn't pick it up on 3rd down and probably have your play set for what its gonna be, instead we lose 2 timeouts and run the creative play of peterson up the middle.

Yup

Just 1

It was a good call to do that to buy time and maybe get it overturned if it was close enough

he planned on using a timeout anyway

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    minutes left, down by 3 and you go for it knowing you hand them another 3 if you fail?
    DUMB DUMB DUMB
    Considering the way our defense was playing, it was the right gamble to take. It was a good bet that our defense would have held them to a field goal. Whether we were down by 3 or down by 6, either way we would retake the lead with another touchdown.

When games are on the line in the closing minutes, you want to give up, at most, field goals, and score touchdowns.
    That makes no sense.
    Considering the way our defense was playing, we punt and get the ball back only down by 3.
    Last time I checked it's a hell of a lot easier to get field goals than touch downs.
    By giving them another 3 we had to score a touchdown.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    DUMB DUMB DUMB

That makes no sense.
    Considering the way our defense was playing, we punt and get the ball back only down by 3.
    Last time I checked it's a hell of a lot easier to get field goals than touch downs.
    I agree with you... i would of rather us punted....

on another hand.. i would have rather us, made a better play call than handing the ball to chester trying to trick them.... that was dumb!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    "WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    DUMB DUMB DUMB

That makes no sense.
    Or they would have ran the clock out with a timeconsuming drive and kicked the field goal giving us less than 2 mins to score again.

ragz is offline GM

"V4L" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:

Yup

Just 1

It was a good call to do that to buy time and maybe get it overturned if it was close enough

he planned on using a timeout anyway
    yah?
    my brother said he used one before the challenge, cuz i can't hear the game at the bar.
    and then i couldnt figure out why we only had one timeout at the end of the game cuz i didnt remember using one besides losing it on the challenge.
    maybe i missed the other timeout.
    either way its still bad management.
    his use of timeouts and 2 minute offense at the end of both halves is terrible.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Just shut up and play

[size=13pt]Peterson becoming more vocal leader for Vikings[/size]

The Associated PressPublished

November 14, 2008

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota: Ever since he was a kid, Adrian Peterson has been taught to let his play do the talking for him....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Just shut up and play

[size=13pt]Vikings defensive line performing just as planned[/size]

The sizable addition of Jared Allen has made the Vikings' defensive line even more formidable.

By CHIP SCOGGINS, Star Tribune

Last update: November 13, 2008 - 11:07 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123