Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Peterson08 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    54

    Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    I was on you Youtube and watching some of AD highlight videos and I accidently hit
    the Video of the Vikings.Falcons NFC champion video . It showed Gary Anderson missing that 39 yd fg attempt. I knew he was automatic that year, but what I didnt know was that he was PERFECT to that point! dam , and that would have given them a 10 point lead..Sorry 2 bring it up, but I had to bring it here

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    It's always nice to have old wounds opened up

    ;D

    The only positive thing about that whole deal is the notion that I don't think the team was good enough to beat Denver in the SB and the idea of my team being 0-5 in SB's would be a much worse memory.

  3. #3
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    Honeset to God that was one of the most tramatic experiences of my life.
    I still think about it at least a few times a week.
    I relive the final moments of that game over and over in my head.
    I remember smashing my face into into the floor repeatedly.


    Some friends and I got together after the game; we took drugs and went skiing to try and forget about the pain.



    Disclaimer:
    Drugs are bad so don't do them.
    I was a lot younger and a little dumber then.
    ;D

  4. #4
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It's always nice to have old wounds opened up

    ;D

    The only positive thing about that whole deal is the notion that I don't think the team was good enough to beat Denver in the SB and the idea of my team being 0-5 in SB's would be a much worse memory.
    We were 15-1... that year, I believe we were the best team in the NFL...
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  5. #5
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,553

    Re: Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    "Peterson08" wrote:
    I was on you Youtube and watching some of AD highlight videos and I accidently hit
    the Video of the Vikings.Falcons NFC champion video . It showed Gary Anderson missing that 39 yd fg attempt. I knew he was automatic that year, but what I didnt know was that he was PERFECT to that point! dam , and that would have given them a 10 point lead..Sorry 2 bring it up, but I had to bring it here
    Did it show the highlight of Randy Moss dropping a very easy touchdown catch in the second quarter?
    That would of put the game away before the half.

    Alot of people blame the kicker for that game.
    I blame the team and coaches.

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    "PackSux!" wrote:
    Alot of people blame the kicker for that game.
    I blame the team and coaches.
    I blame Pat Summerall's liver for waking up from forty years of alcoholic slumber just long enough to jostle that fossill into cursing Gary Anderson with one of those classic announcer moments:
    "Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Andersssssssson hasssssssssn't missssssssssssed a kick all sssseasssson lonnnnnnnngggg *burp*"

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    Alot of people blame the kicker for that game.
    I blame the team and coaches.
    I blame Pat Summerall's liver for waking up from forty years of alcoholic slumber just long enough to jostle that fossill into cursing Gary Anderson with one of those classic announcer moments:
    "Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Andersssssssson hasssssssssn't missssssssssssed a kick all sssseasssson lonnnnnnnngggg *burp*"

    =Z=
    Did you (or anybody else) have a bad feeling in your gut immediately after he said that?
    I sure as hell did.

  8. #8
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It's always nice to have old wounds opened up

    ;D

    The only positive thing about that whole deal is the notion that I don't think the team was good enough to beat Denver in the SB and the idea of my team being 0-5 in SB's would be a much worse memory.
    We were 15-1... that year, I believe we were the best team in the NFL...
    The best team in the NFL that year was the Broncos; they won the Super Bowl

  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It's always nice to have old wounds opened up

    ;D

    The only positive thing about that whole deal is the notion that I don't think the team was good enough to beat Denver in the SB and the idea of my team being 0-5 in SB's would be a much worse memory.
    We were 15-1... that year, I believe we were the best team in the NFL...
    The best team in the NFL that year was the Broncos; they won the Super Bowl
    Aye.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Just seen something that still makes me bitter

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It's always nice to have old wounds opened up

    ;D

    The only positive thing about that whole deal is the notion that I don't think the team was good enough to beat Denver in the SB and the idea of my team being 0-5 in SB's would be a much worse memory.
    We were 15-1... that year, I believe we were the best team in the NFL...
    The best team in the NFL that year was the Broncos; they won the Super Bowl
    Aye.

    =Z=
    I disagree with this logical statement.
    The "best team" is a matter of opinion.
    Just because they won the tournament at the end of the season doesn't necessarily (although in most cases its true) make them the best team.
    In 1998, the Broncos probably were the best team (overall), but I think the Vikings would have given them a run for their money.

    Does anybody really think the Giants were better than every other team in the NFL last year?
    Or where they just the best team for the last 6 weeks of the season, but not as a whole?
    The logical thinker may point out that the team who went 19-1 was the best team.
    Sometimes it seems you get a more accurate picture on things when you step back and look at things as a whole (entire season), opposed to analyzing one key point (Super Bowl).

    Don't get me wrong though, I was rooting for the Giants to win.

    Even though I don't like them, and Eli is a bitch...they were the lesser of two evils.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bears' fans are bitter
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 07:56 AM
  2. Not that I'm bitter.....
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 11:01 PM
  3. Napoleon Harris - Gone but not bitter
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 06:25 AM
  4. I'm not bitter....
    By StarSaint in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 12:41 PM
  5. Bennett Bitter about lack of play
    By Kleinsasser40 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 04:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •