Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Just Say No to Drew Brees

Oh yea I completely agree. It just seems that all signs point to us a front runner to get him.(Thats if we want him) His injury SCARES me to death. I know he would cost a pretty penny...and if he turned into Chad Pennington...I'd kill myself!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Oh yea I completely agree. It just seems that all signs point to us a front runner to get him.(Thats if we want him) His injury SCARES me to death. I know he would cost a pretty penny...and if he turned into Chad Pennington...I'd kill myself!

That's is exactly why I would go with a QB in the draft(Crolyle being my choice) before I would sign Brees. But I am sure if we do sign Brees, we will be 100% sure he is gonna be back to his old self this season. I won't be disappointed if we get Brees, just worried about his shoulder. I think he would fit in very well in Childress's WCO.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Yepp he would. I know we wouldnt sign him unless we where full confident that he was properly healed. As you can see in my sig I want us to get Omar, but I wouldnt mind Croyle at all.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"ltrey33" wrote:

Drew Brees is bad m'kay.

I'm not incredibly big on going out and getting Brees either. I wouldn't curse the organization if we did, but his injury is scary to me becuase it reminds me of Chad Pennington's. I would much rather see a rookie this year or next year and see Brad Johnson as our starter.
    SWEET!

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I dont see us wasting the money on a injured quarterback now that we are getting rid of another at the moment.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"PackSux!" wrote:
    I dont see us wasting the money on a injured quarterback now that we are getting rid of another at the moment.

That's not the reason though.. It's cuz he wants out and is being a baby about being here

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

The title of this thread says it all. No need to say anything else. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

im just glad im not alone on not wanting brees.if he hadnt had that shoulder injury, then id be all for him. but since he did hurt that shoulder, im on the omar jacobs bandwagon.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:

That's not the reason though.. It's cuz he wants out and is being a baby about being here

Still dont see why we would pay brees to ride the pine while brad leads the attack. I truly think we are going to draft a quarterback who will be our future now that Daunte is leaving town.

mattjenny3 is offline Starter

Sorry if this was posted, but I didn't see it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9287875

When you think about who should be the serious players in the Drew Brees sweepstakes, which should be fast and furious, it may be easier to list the teams that should have no interest in Brees.

As one former general manager said to me: "A player of Drew Brees' stature rarely is available in free agency and I can only think of 12 teams that shouldn't look at him seriously."

Drew Brees, who will like become a free agent, will be one of the hottest players available on the market.
    New England, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Denver and Kansas City from the AFC and the Eagles, Giants, Bears, Panthers and Seahawks from the NFC, get a pass about Brees. The other 20 teams have to take a serious look at swapping their QBs for Brees. The challenge is what kind of money will it take to sign the quarterback, who threw 51 touchdowns and just 22 interceptions in the past two years.

The deal will probably average just under $8 million per year for six years. The transition tag salary, which is the average of the top 10 quarterbacks, is $8.3 million. And if any team doesn't believe the salary will go this high probably needs to forget about Brees as an option. I would not be surprised if the team that wins his services will put a six-year deal together for $46.8 million with $15 to $16 million guaranteed. His first-year salary-cap charge should come in about $5 million. The reality of doing business at this level or higher will inevitably knock a number of teams out of contention.
    REDHORSE

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast