GQVikesfan is offline Starter

Just a quick thought that came to me..

while I was in the shower lol.. Lets say that the Vikes do make it to the Superbowl.. doesn't it scare you guys of what we possibly have to face at the Superbowl? Think about it. The Colts, The Patriots and the Steelers!! It is scary just thinking about it. How do you guys think we will fare off against these teams? We did pretty well against the colts.. but, the Patriots and the Steelers scare me. :silent:
    My toys!
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/?action=viewĄt=car2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/GQNauticaGuy/Audi3.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

if we can get there,they should fear us

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

We could beat any team, on any given Sunday. I like how things are gelling now. If we can keep it up and avoid the injury bug we can be a force.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I ain't ever scared.. specially of those who go by the name of Ben Rothlisbooger and Cindy Brady.. :|

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Just a quick thought that came to me..

"GQVikesfan" wrote:
    while I was in the shower lol.. Lets say that the Vikes do make it to the Superbowl.. doesn't it scare you guys of what we possibly have to face at the Superbowl? Think about it. The Colts, The Patriots and the Steelers!! It is scary just thinking about it. How do you guys think we will fare off against these teams? We did pretty well against the colts.. but, the Patriots and the Steelers scare me. :silent:
    Why not us! Who cares will worry about that when we get there. BTW we can beat the Colts.

sidenote:
    This Raider and Denver game is actually kinda fun to watch with the snow!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Looking at our 4 losses, we can win 3 of those games in a rematch. Green Bay, Indy, and Philly were all close. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times versus Philly. We were minus Moss in Indy. Green Bay...well...we know why we lost that one :evil: .

the ONLY team that we got smoked by was NY...and they've had our number for years.

CAN we beat NE or Pit? you bet we can. The question is, will we get the opportunity to? That I don't know...there's a lot of football left until then.

Caine

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"SKOL" wrote:
    We could beat any team, on any given Sunday.
    This is exactly how I feel. I'll pretty much put the Vikings offense up against any team in the league and feel that they can score....maybe not 30 points, but they will score.

As far as the defense goes, well, we get what we get. I'd like to see the run D tighten things up a bit. All of the top AFC teams have top notch running games and RBs.

Much like the Vikings game against the Colts this year, the key to beating any of the AFC teams (or any team facing the Vikings weak defense, for that matter) is avoiding turnovers and key penalties. I don't think there is a defense around the league that can stop the Vikings. It's a matter of where the Vikings fall between scoring 17 pts. and 31 pts., and how few the defense can allow.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

We would fair better against a team like the Ravens with little to no offense. All of those teams have great RBs and we would have to play a lot better D to stop their(Pitt,NE,and Indy) running game.

Del Rio Guest

I don't see it happening we allow a lot of points. Someone was saying the games we lost we barely lost. Well some of the games we won we barely won so by using the same logic one could say if we played em again we would lose. You just never know.

Those AFC teams are firing on all cyliders. If we played the Colts tomorrow I would really be surprised if we win. The next few weeks leading up to the playoffs are crucial. If we don't get a rythym going it's going to be ugly.

If we do show some more signs and continue to get better the next few weeks watch out!