Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 423
  1. #321
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    ejmat wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I gotta think that Montgomery was brought in to give Edwards the message he is replaceable. Edwards could be part of some draft day or post draft trade action.

    Only bad thing is our Right DE side has been top 2 or 3 against therun last few years. He does not get the sacks but he smashes the run. Of course it helps to have williams to his right and Winfield to his left!
    Just pulled this up from the first page... wow. Aren't you (bsmithberkley) saying that Edwards is a great player? Here you say he is replaceable, by Montgomery! And then you go on to say that he is playing good because of the benefit of williams and winfield, which contradicts your other arguments... I'm confused
    LOL. Now that's funny. Good find! I am sure he will find someway to twist or "adjust" things to make it seem like he never said that. He's good at "adjusting" you know.
    The whole idea of Montgomery pushing anyone is pretty amusing, anyway. I think the Vikings agreed, since they drafted Griffen. Edwards is pretty much save this season, baring a huge drop-off in production. Griffen is raw and Montgomery is, well, pretty bad.

    I've said before that I don't think that Edwards is that great a player and that he's quite replacable, but it won't be this season. And next season he'll most likely be gone, anyway.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  2. #322
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    Montgomery never struck me as anything special, nor an exciting signing by any means. I'm very excited about the potential of Griffen, and really hopes he pushes Edwards for playing time this year. We have an excellent DE group with allen, robison, edwards, griffen, and I guess montgomery... Should be good competition.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  3. #323
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    Rockmolder wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I gotta think that Montgomery was brought in to give Edwards the message he is replaceable. Edwards could be part of some draft day or post draft trade action.

    Only bad thing is our Right DE side has been top 2 or 3 against therun last few years. He does not get the sacks but he smashes the run. Of course it helps to have williams to his right and Winfield to his left!
    Just pulled this up from the first page... wow. Aren't you (bsmithberkley) saying that Edwards is a great player? Here you say he is replaceable, by Montgomery! And then you go on to say that he is playing good because of the benefit of williams and winfield, which contradicts your other arguments... I'm confused
    LOL. Now that's funny. Good find! I am sure he will find someway to twist or "adjust" things to make it seem like he never said that. He's good at "adjusting" you know.
    The whole idea of Montgomery pushing anyone is pretty amusing, anyway. I think the Vikings agreed, since they drafted Griffen. Edwards is pretty much save this season, baring a huge drop-off in production. Griffen is raw and Montgomery is, well, pretty bad.

    I've said before that I don't think that Edwards is that great a player and that he's quite replacable, but it won't be this season. And next season he'll most likely be gone, anyway.
    That's pretty much the way I see it as well.
    With regard to Montgomery; What were the Vikings thinking?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  4. #324
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I gotta think that Montgomery was brought in to give Edwards the message he is replaceable. Edwards could be part of some draft day or post draft trade action.

    Only bad thing is our Right DE side has been top 2 or 3 against therun last few years. He does not get the sacks but he smashes the run. Of course it helps to have williams to his right and Winfield to his left!
    Just pulled this up from the first page... wow. Aren't you (bsmithberkley) saying that Edwards is a great player? Here you say he is replaceable, by Montgomery! And then you go on to say that he is playing good because of the benefit of williams and winfield, which contradicts your other arguments... I'm confused
    LOL. Now that's funny. Good find! I am sure he will find someway to twist or "adjust" things to make it seem like he never said that. He's good at "adjusting" you know.
    The whole idea of Montgomery pushing anyone is pretty amusing, anyway. I think the Vikings agreed, since they drafted Griffen. Edwards is pretty much save this season, baring a huge drop-off in production. Griffen is raw and Montgomery is, well, pretty bad.

    I've said before that I don't think that Edwards is that great a player and that he's quite replacable, but it won't be this season. And next season he'll most likely be gone, anyway.
    That's pretty much the way I see it as well.
    With regard to Montgomery; What were the Vikings thinking?
    a TC signee. We do that quite frequently.

  5. #325
    bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    333

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    ejmat wrote:


    1. DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET THAT WE ARE NOT SAYING RAY EDWARDS IS A BAD PLAYER?

    2. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE REASON WHY WE ARE CALLING HIM A JACK@$$ IS BECAUSE OF HIS COMMENTS?

    3. DO YOU REALIZE THAT NO ONE HERE HATES ON RAY. WE MAY THINK HE'S BEING A JACK244 FOR SOME OF HIS COMMENTS AND ACTIONS BUT NOTHING MORE.

    4.BUT FOR YOU TO TRY AND "PROVE" HE IS BETTER THAN JARED ALLEN IS RIDICULOUS NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO "ADJUST" THE STATISTICS.[/quote]

    I will address with only the 4 points from your closing diatribe...

    1, I never said he was BAD, I contended that he is far above average.

    2. Several times throughout these posts I posted concurence to this point

    3. Coulda fooled me, these posts are full of "wish he was elsewhere", "just average", "we can replace him" style posts

    4. Again, I continually drew the line at saying thaye are very close to even and would look very closely at the next year to judge in comparison to Jared, stating that if Ray performs this well again I would give him the advantage based on his run defense.

    It is very disturbing that you warp others positions in your responses.
    None

  6. #326
    bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    333

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    ejmat wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I gotta think that Montgomery was brought in to give Edwards the message he is replaceable. Edwards could be part of some draft day or post draft trade action.

    Only bad thing is our Right DE side has been top 2 or 3 against therun last few years. He does not get the sacks but he smashes the run. Of course it helps to have williams to his right and Winfield to his left!
    Just pulled this up from the first page... wow. Aren't you (bsmithberkley) saying that Edwards is a great player? Here you say he is replaceable, by Montgomery! And then you go on to say that he is playing good because of the benefit of williams and winfield, which contradicts your other arguments... I'm confused
    LOL. Now that's funny. Good find! I am sure he will find someway to twist or "adjust" things to make it seem like he never said that. He's good at "adjusting" you know.
    I will admit to two things...

    1. I still think the FO wants to "push" Edwards in any negotiations.

    More importantly,

    2. I can learn something and change my bias based on new information and or research.

    Last I checked, one of the key things that separates us from lower life forms is the ability to adapt.
    None

  7. #327
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    bsmithberkley wrote:
    ejmat wrote:


    1. DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET THAT WE ARE NOT SAYING RAY EDWARDS IS A BAD PLAYER?

    2. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE REASON WHY WE ARE CALLING HIM A JACK@$$ IS BECAUSE OF HIS COMMENTS?

    3. DO YOU REALIZE THAT NO ONE HERE HATES ON RAY. WE MAY THINK HE'S BEING A JACK244 FOR SOME OF HIS COMMENTS AND ACTIONS BUT NOTHING MORE.

    4.BUT FOR YOU TO TRY AND "PROVE" HE IS BETTER THAN JARED ALLEN IS RIDICULOUS NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO "ADJUST" THE STATISTICS.
    I will address with only the 4 points from your closing diatribe...

    1, I never said he was BAD, I contended that he is far above average.

    2. Several times throughout these posts I posted concurence to this point

    3. Coulda fooled me, these posts are full of "wish he was elsewhere", "just average", "we can replace him" style posts

    4. Again, I continually drew the line at saying thaye are very close to even and would look very closely at the next year to judge in comparison to Jared, stating that if Ray performs this well again I would give him the advantage based on his run defense.

    It is very disturbing that you warp others positions in your responses.[/quote]

    I will address with only the 4 points from your closing diatribe...
    How come you are the only one here calling it that? Does that tell you something?
    1, I never said he was BAD, I contended that he is far above average.
    Where did I say that you sad he was bad? Please show me one time I said that. I was pointing out to you so maybe you would somehow get it through your thick skull that the rest of us don't think he is a bad player which is contracry to your belief no matter how many times we point it out.

    3. Coulda fooled me, these posts are full of "wish he was elsewhere", "just average", "we can replace him" style posts
    I will stand by the notion that RE is replaceable. However, I never said I wish he was elsewhere. The only time I even elluded to that was out of spite to prove he isn't a dominant player. I have also stated on many occasions that I believe he is slightly above average. Now you misconstrue it to say otherwise but that is only from your own diluted mind.

    4. Again, I continually drew the line at saying thaye are very close to even and would look very closely at the next year to judge in comparison to Jared, stating that if Ray performs this well again I would give him the advantage based on his run defense.

    It is very disturbing that you warp others positions in your responses.
    Where have I "warped others positions"? I think this is the pot calling the kettle black. Don't ya think?

    Regarding your thoguht process that RE is as good or even almost as good as JA is downright comical. Out of one side of your mouth you say that Ray has proven he is better. Then on the other side you say, "if Ray performs this well again I would give him the advantage based on his run defense". Therefore you are basing your point of view on what may or may not happen. Yeah that's pretty solid evidence pal.

    One more point. A DE's job is more than just run stopping. It is much more than that. So for you to continue trying to prove that RE is better than JA because of that you are looking foolish. Please stop before you continue to make yourself look even worse.

  8. #328
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    bsmithberkley wrote:
    ejmat wrote:


    1. DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET THAT WE ARE NOT SAYING RAY EDWARDS IS A BAD PLAYER?

    2. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE REASON WHY WE ARE CALLING HIM A JACK@$$ IS BECAUSE OF HIS COMMENTS?

    3. DO YOU REALIZE THAT NO ONE HERE HATES ON RAY. WE MAY THINK HE'S BEING A JACK244 FOR SOME OF HIS COMMENTS AND ACTIONS BUT NOTHING MORE.

    4.BUT FOR YOU TO TRY AND "PROVE" HE IS BETTER THAN JARED ALLEN IS RIDICULOUS NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO "ADJUST" THE STATISTICS.
    I will address with only the 4 points from your closing diatribe...

    1, I never said he was BAD, I contended that he is far above average.

    2. Several times throughout these posts I posted concurence to this point

    3. Coulda fooled me, these posts are full of "wish he was elsewhere", "just average", "we can replace him" style posts

    4. Again, I continually drew the line at saying thaye are very close to even and would look very closely at the next year to judge in comparison to Jared, stating that if Ray performs this well again I would give him the advantage based on his run defense.

    It is very disturbing that you warp others positions in your responses.[/quote]

    I quite agree!! It's is HORRIFYING that he would "warp others positions" in his response...that's YOUR territory. Perhaps you can sue for copyright infringement? I smell a large settlement in the making...

    I had to laugh at #1 - you again misinterpreted it, then replied the same way you been.

    As for #3, please find who said, "wish he was elsewhere". I don't recall that ever coming up. As for saying he's "replaceable"...isn't he? You're saying that the team will fall apart if he leaves?

    I doubt it.

    On #4, you FLAT OUT stated that Edwards was better. You never drew any line, much less "continually". You stated once, "How much better than the "Best in the league" does a guy have to be to get any respect?"...how is that not saying he's better than Allen? You called him the "Best in the League"!!!!

    How about THIS gem?
    I would still argue that Allen's contribution (pass rush stud) would be easier to replace as we have Robison on our team already, and, it would be darn hard to replace the overall talent of Edwards against the Run and the Pass.
    You SURE you're drawing the line? If so, I'm seeing it all the way over in the "Edwards is better than Allen" territory...where you've been soapboxing for 2 days.

    And PLEASE reply to this question posed earlier today by 12purplepride28:

    Just pulled this up from the first page... wow. Aren't you (bsmithberkley) saying that Edwards is a great player? Here you say he is replaceable, by Montgomery! And then you go on to say that he is playing good because of the benefit of williams and winfield, which contradicts your other arguments... I'm confused
    It seems to me that when I made that exact same point, you REFUTED it, yet earlier you ENDORSED it?!?!?!?

    Holy Crap!!! Pick a side of the fence for pete's sake!!!

    And, finally, I truly enjoyed you referencing BleacherReports as a corroborating source...since those "Articles" (And I use the term loosely) are written by schmoes who watch the games the same way WE do - on TV, that sort of limits their viability as a quotable source.

    Bottom line, you're flat out wrong, but don't know how to back track without looking like a tool. And you probably can't. But if you expect your lifespan here to be any longer then your lifespan at your previous fansite (Yes, we know about that), I'd STRONGLY suggest you rethink your posting style.

    Caine

  9. #329
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    bsmithberkley wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I gotta think that Montgomery was brought in to give Edwards the message he is replaceable. Edwards could be part of some draft day or post draft trade action.

    Only bad thing is our Right DE side has been top 2 or 3 against therun last few years. He does not get the sacks but he smashes the run. Of course it helps to have williams to his right and Winfield to his left!
    Just pulled this up from the first page... wow. Aren't you (bsmithberkley) saying that Edwards is a great player? Here you say he is replaceable, by Montgomery! And then you go on to say that he is playing good because of the benefit of williams and winfield, which contradicts your other arguments... I'm confused
    LOL. Now that's funny. Good find! I am sure he will find someway to twist or "adjust" things to make it seem like he never said that. He's good at "adjusting" you know.
    I will admit to two things...

    1. I still think the FO wants to "push" Edwards in any negotiations.

    More importantly,

    2. I can learn something and change my bias based on new information and or research.

    Last I checked, one of the key things that separates us from lower life forms is the ability to adapt.
    Yes you can change your opinion on research and I think it is a good thing to adapt. However, ensure your research is valid and official. Your research is statistical BS that doesn't show causal effects. When you research and find that then maybe you will have a leg to stand on for this topic.

  10. #330
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    bsmithberkley wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I gotta think that Montgomery was brought in to give Edwards the message he is replaceable. Edwards could be part of some draft day or post draft trade action.

    Only bad thing is our Right DE side has been top 2 or 3 against therun last few years. He does not get the sacks but he smashes the run. Of course it helps to have williams to his right and Winfield to his left!
    Just pulled this up from the first page... wow. Aren't you (bsmithberkley) saying that Edwards is a great player? Here you say he is replaceable, by Montgomery! And then you go on to say that he is playing good because of the benefit of williams and winfield, which contradicts your other arguments... I'm confused
    LOL. Now that's funny. Good find! I am sure he will find someway to twist or "adjust" things to make it seem like he never said that. He's good at "adjusting" you know.
    I will admit to two things...

    1. I still think the FO wants to "push" Edwards in any negotiations.

    More importantly,

    2. I can learn something and change my bias based on new information and or research.

    Last I checked, one of the key things that separates us from lower life forms is the ability to adapt.
    Ok, so your original stance was that Edwards was replaceable and he benefitted from having Williams and Winfield.

    I can understand you changing your stance on him being replaceable, I don't agree with it because I think he's very replaceable, but I understand why you came to that conclusion.

    What I don't understand is what research you used to change your stance on him benefitting from Williams and Winfield. How does he not benefit from that?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Terrell Owens Accosted by N-Word-Hurling Jackass
    By Culpepper_4717 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 09:12 PM
  2. Jackass detained for inert grenade at airport
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:41 PM
  3. The Original Jackass
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 05:58 PM
  4. A real friend, a real American.
    By marcosMN in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 06:41 PM
  5. TOs a jackass, but how about keyshawn........
    By poult in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 05:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •