Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 423
  1. #11
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    Caine wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I don't think that Edwards is acting like a jackass at all. He is justifiable upset at the fact that he was forced into a RFA year instead of the expected UFA because the CBA expired. He hasn't been whining about being able to survive (those were just quotes from the article, not quotes form Edwards himself - AFIK he never said anything like that). The man is missing out on anywhere from $5 to $10 million dollars for this year. And considering how easy it is for a player to sustain a career impacting injury...

    I think we need more players like Edwards who are highlighting the fact that they got screwed. It will help get a CBA put in place for next year. He isn't mad at the Vikings - he is mad at the situation.
    Yup...feeling real bad for Ray right about now...worst recession since the 30's, and he's only going to get 2.5 million dollars this years...



    ...my heart's breaking all over the place...


    Caine
    Exactly Caine.

    If getting screwed means I'm getting paid 2.5 million dollars a year I'm all for it. I'll drop out of school right now, take that money, and shut my mouth.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  2. #12
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I don't think that Edwards is acting like a jackass at all. He is justifiable upset at the fact that he was forced into a RFA year instead of the expected UFA because the CBA expired. He hasn't been whining about being able to survive (those were just quotes from the article, not quotes form Edwards himself - AFIK he never said anything like that). The man is missing out on anywhere from $5 to $10 million dollars for this year. And considering how easy it is for a player to sustain a career impacting injury...

    I think we need more players like Edwards who are highlighting the fact that they got screwed. It will help get a CBA put in place for next year. He isn't mad at the Vikings - he is mad at the situation.
    He actually is quoted as saying something to the effect of "Goodell is just pushing pens and we are out here risking our lives, we should be making more money than him." also a few times hes mentioned providing for his family. My biggest problem is that he is acting like he deserves some big contract and he doesn't, at all.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    Caine wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I don't think that Edwards is acting like a jackass at all. He is justifiable upset at the fact that he was forced into a RFA year instead of the expected UFA because the CBA expired. He hasn't been whining about being able to survive (those were just quotes from the article, not quotes form Edwards himself - AFIK he never said anything like that). The man is missing out on anywhere from $5 to $10 million dollars for this year. And considering how easy it is for a player to sustain a career impacting injury...

    I think we need more players like Edwards who are highlighting the fact that they got screwed. It will help get a CBA put in place for next year. He isn't mad at the Vikings - he is mad at the situation.
    Yup...feeling real bad for Ray right about now...worst recession since the 30's, and he's only going to get 2.5 million dollars this years...



    ...my heart's breaking all over the place...


    Caine
    It isn't about the money - it is about the fact that the NFLPA and the NFL (together) failed the players.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I don't think that Edwards is acting like a jackass at all. He is justifiable upset at the fact that he was forced into a RFA year instead of the expected UFA because the CBA expired. He hasn't been whining about being able to survive (those were just quotes from the article, not quotes form Edwards himself - AFIK he never said anything like that). The man is missing out on anywhere from $5 to $10 million dollars for this year. And considering how easy it is for a player to sustain a career impacting injury...

    I think we need more players like Edwards who are highlighting the fact that they got screwed. It will help get a CBA put in place for next year. He isn't mad at the Vikings - he is mad at the situation.
    He actually is quoted as saying something to the effect of "Goodell is just pushing pens and we are out here risking our lives, we should be making more money than him." also a few times hes mentioned providing for his family. My biggest problem is that he is acting like he deserves some big contract and he doesn't, at all.
    You are taking that quote out of context. That quote came from Edwards regarding Goodell's $9 million salary last year. Here is the actual link
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/84425232.html?page=1&c=y
    "I don't see him out there getting hit or nothing like that," Edwards said. "The commissioner makes $9 million, so you tell me where the balance is? He doesn't put his life on the line, he pushes a pen."
    The only remark he made about family was this:
    "It's frustrating because we play this game to take care of our family and we eventually are at the team's mercy of what they are going to do with us," Edwards said last weekend while in Garrison, Minn., for the Vikings Arctic Blast snowmobiling event.
    This time, it is more in the general context of NFL players... most of who don't make millions of dollars. In fact, the average NFL salary is $770k, and much of this is offset by the Peppers's, Manning's, Roethlisberger's and Asomugha's of the NFL. Most NFL players make less that $500k per year.

    Look at it this way - if you ahve a job that pays $70k per year, most would be content. But if you know that you could have gotten closer to $200k for the year if you went to work at a different company, but were forced by contract to work an extra year for $70k... wouldn't you be mad too? Especially if you know that the opportunity to get the $200k may not be there next year.

    You can do this with any level of pay...
    If you make $30k per year, but had the opportunity to make $100k...
    If you make $50k per year, but had the opportunity to make $165k...
    Yes, he is doing fine for money... but that isn't the point. The point is that the NFLPA, who fought a long and difficult battle with the NFL back in the early 90's regarding free agents, FAILED Edwards and every other NFL player. Those who were set to be UFAs this year but are now RFAs are feeling the brunt of it, but it will come around and bite every one of them if they don't address it.

    Edwards should be frustrated by it. Now, is he whining? Not really, considering his answeres were in response to questions posed to him. But he is entitled to be upset by the proceedings, and I agree with him.

    Make note that the two entities he expressed frustration with were the NFL central offices and the NFLPA - NOT the Vikings. He is still committed to the team. I heard he wasn't going to go to OTA, but I wouldn't expect him to under the circumstances. He will sign his RFA tender soon enough, and will have made his point.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    Caine wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    ya but was his performance a fluke or a sign of things to come. I think based on his overall year it was a fluke. Hopefully I'm wrong
    Edward's performance wasn't a "fluke" per se, it was the result of being the fourth man on a line with 3 Pro Bowlers.

    What Edwards seems to forget is that he has the LUXURY of playing on a line with Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, and Jared Allen. Each ONE of those guys is a dominant player...we're fortunate to have all three of them.

    Edwards, meanwhile, gets to LOOK like a dominant player because Offensive Lines are so busy trying to stop th other three, that Edwards gets singled up on Right Tackles all day long. And I'll bet you they sometimes don't even put the Tackle on him, but bring a TE or a back to chip on him instead.

    If Edwards were dominant, teams would crap themselves trying to stop our line. They struggle as it is, but the fact that they can manage us shows ME that Edwards is not a huge impact guy. He's GOOD, but not GREAT. And, he's VERY replaceable. We can plug just about ANY moderately athletic DE into that 4th slot and they will do well...because of Williams, Williams, and Allen.

    So Ray Edwards should STFU and enjoy the fact that when he finally is a UFA, his price will artificially elevate - and I'm betting WE won't be signing him.

    Caine

    I'll probably keep posting about this with the fact that comments like that keep coming up, Caine reality check.

    PAT WILLIAMS IS NOT A PRO BOWLER BECAUSE OF PASS RUSHING

    His presence if he is even on the field during pass rush situations does nothing for Ray Edwards.

    NOTHING


    Why you hate Ray Edwards so much to bring that up I have no idea because on my mind not only is Ray more valuable to us then you think he may be a better pass rusher for us then Kevin.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  6. #16
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    FuadFan wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    ya but was his performance a fluke or a sign of things to come. I think based on his overall year it was a fluke. Hopefully I'm wrong
    Edward's performance wasn't a "fluke" per se, it was the result of being the fourth man on a line with 3 Pro Bowlers.

    What Edwards seems to forget is that he has the LUXURY of playing on a line with Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, and Jared Allen. Each ONE of those guys is a dominant player...we're fortunate to have all three of them.

    Edwards, meanwhile, gets to LOOK like a dominant player because Offensive Lines are so busy trying to stop th other three, that Edwards gets singled up on Right Tackles all day long. And I'll bet you they sometimes don't even put the Tackle on him, but bring a TE or a back to chip on him instead.

    If Edwards were dominant, teams would crap themselves trying to stop our line. They struggle as it is, but the fact that they can manage us shows ME that Edwards is not a huge impact guy. He's GOOD, but not GREAT. And, he's VERY replaceable. We can plug just about ANY moderately athletic DE into that 4th slot and they will do well...because of Williams, Williams, and Allen.

    So Ray Edwards should STFU and enjoy the fact that when he finally is a UFA, his price will artificially elevate - and I'm betting WE won't be signing him.

    Caine

    I'll probably keep posting about this with the fact that comments like that keep coming up, Caine reality check.

    PAT WILLIAMS IS NOT A PRO BOWLER BECAUSE OF PASS RUSHING

    His presence if he is even on the field during pass rush situations does nothing for Ray Edwards.

    NOTHING


    Why you hate Ray Edwards so much to bring that up I have no idea because on my mind not only is Ray more valuable to us then you think he may be a better pass rusher for us then Kevin.
    I wouldn't call this a reality slap...more like a high-5....


    ...to the face.

    1: Offensive lines can't afford to ignore Pat, even in Passing situations, because he punishes people - that's pretty well documented. The big man can move. And while he in not a primary pass rush threat, he always accounts for a body or two.

    2: Jared Allen and Kevin Williams ARE dangerous...this is well documented as well. That means on any given passing play, they will likely see 3-4 bodies thrown their way. And they STILL beat the blocks...

    3: Ray Edwards plays on a dominant Defensive line. This is unargueable. And while I already said he was good - he isn't GREAT. He doesn't get Jared Allen/Kevin Williams attention from Offenses because they don't need to.

    4: You want to try and make a case for him being better than Kevin Williams? How? A Defensive End ALWAYS has a better opportunity at teh QB, because he gets to go around traffic. The Tackles have to pile drive through the middle. So that's why Ray had 8.5 sacks to Kevin's 6. But Jared Allen had 14.5...so what's Ray's problem? He isn't getting Allen's level of attention? Why isn't he getting Allens numbers?

    5: Bottom line, Ray is GOOD...not GREAT. He's replacable. For him to cry about not getting paid enough is silly and insulting. He puts his "life on the line"? Really? I don't think so. Pat Tillman did. Ray Edwards plays a game for a LOT of money.


    For NodakPaul: The notion that the NFLPA somehow failed Ray and the others is silly too. The CBA ran out. The NFLPA didn't agree with the NFL on terms, so we're uncapped and Free Agency had a bit of a hick-up. Boo-hoo.

    As was already pointed out, he's in line to make 2.5 MILLION this season. And your analogy about bonusing and contracts and 200K more...falls flat.

    First, he signed a contract. That has been honored by the people he signed with.

    Second, he can elect NOT to play in the NFL....good luck finding a REAL job, Ray. Especially at 2.5 Million...

    Third, when you tried to extrapolate this silliness down to teh 30k annual level, I almost gagged. Using the "family of 4" measuring stick, what is your "disposable income" at 30K a year? Now, what is it at 2.5 MILLION? REALITY shows us very clearly that Ray will have PLENTY of ability to pay his bills and feed his family...and he'll STILL be in teh top 10% of the Nation in terms of earnings.

    So quit crying Ray!!! You sound like a pampered athlete!! You get paid way too much to do way too little. Shut up and enjoy the ride. Next year, someone will pay you far more than you're actually worth to do very little that has any type of real impact on society as a whole. Meanwhile, Military personel and their families will be living at the poverty level to make sure that you and the other cry babies can make your insane salaries. I did it for 6 years. And, further more, don't insult me, or any current member of the military, law enforcement, or Fire Departments by talking about putting your "life on the line". You DON'T. You're NOT a WARRIOR!! You're a football player. You play a game for money. Your sacrifice is nowhere near that of those who really DO put their asses on the line...and you get paid a floop of a lot more than they do.

    So STFU and sign your overpricved contract, play football, and be gratefull you don't REALLY put your life on the line.

    Caine

  7. #17
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    @NodakPaul. How am I taking it out of context? There is not context you can take it in that favors Edwards position without making him look like a JackASS. Do workers complain that the CEOs of companys make more than them (well recently.... lol), but everyone knows it is more important to have someone run the company then one individual worker. Thats all NFL players are, just workers. If he wants a big payday he should earn one, which imho he hasn't.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I don't think that Edwards is acting like a jackass at all. He is justifiable upset at the fact that he was forced into a RFA year instead of the expected UFA because the CBA expired. He hasn't been whining about being able to survive (those were just quotes from the article, not quotes form Edwards himself - AFIK he never said anything like that). The man is missing out on anywhere from $5 to $10 million dollars for this year. And considering how easy it is for a player to sustain a career impacting injury...

    I think we need more players like Edwards who are highlighting the fact that they got screwed. It will help get a CBA put in place for next year. He isn't mad at the Vikings - he is mad at the situation.
    A lot of players & teams are getting screwed out of this deal. If Ray feels he deserves more money, then it's his right to hold out & wait for it given the circumstances this year. If no one comes knocking, then he can sign the contract for what the Vikings are offering.

    For those people to simply spew out that he appears to be good simply because he's playing next to 3 pro bowlers is just that... spew. Of course he benefits from those 3 pro bowlers, but to insinuate he'd be no good without them is opinion. Fact is we just don't know one way or the other. In addition to that, keep in mind also that K-Will, P-Will & JA all benefit from the others on that line. Would those 3 be as good as they appear to be without the other pro-bowlers there?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,228

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    We can uh definitely say that about Jared Allen and Kevin Williams because they have both been Pro Bowlers and All-Pros WITHOUT other pro-bowlers there. So yeah, we can say that about them because we have seen that.

    I guess you have a point with Pat ... even though most were calling him a pretty solid player in Buffalo, with no Pro Bowlers on his side, he has definitely seen the best years of his career here with K-Will and Jared Allen.

    But hey ... one of three isn't bad ... we will just pretend you were playing baseball.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    995

    Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

    NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

    This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

    PJD Edwards
    I don't think that Edwards is acting like a jackass at all. He is justifiable upset at the fact that he was forced into a RFA year instead of the expected UFA because the CBA expired. He hasn't been whining about being able to survive (those were just quotes from the article, not quotes form Edwards himself - AFIK he never said anything like that). The man is missing out on anywhere from $5 to $10 million dollars for this year. And considering how easy it is for a player to sustain a career impacting injury...

    I think we need more players like Edwards who are highlighting the fact that they got screwed. It will help get a CBA put in place for next year. He isn't mad at the Vikings - he is mad at the situation.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he sitting out of OTAs because of this?

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Terrell Owens Accosted by N-Word-Hurling Jackass
    By Culpepper_4717 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 09:12 PM
  2. Jackass detained for inert grenade at airport
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 05:41 PM
  3. The Original Jackass
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 05:58 PM
  4. A real friend, a real American.
    By marcosMN in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 06:41 PM
  5. TOs a jackass, but how about keyshawn........
    By poult in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 05:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •