Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

Edwards Grips

This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

PJD Edwards
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:Is it just me or is Edwards a real jackass

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

This guy is always whining about something. Look, I know you need to get payed, but don't give some bull about "needing to feed your family" and trying to "survive" because no ones buying it. Also, I don't have the link or exact quote, but earlier this year he was complaining that Goodell was just a pen pusher and he was making more than the players who were "out there risking their lives". Now I'm by no means a Goodell supporter (I hate him) but Edwards is out of line here. I would trade him right now for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder. I don't someone whos going to be whining about this stuff and acting like they are struggling, or even are deserving for a huge pay day, on the team. He's just really pissing me off. Below is a link to purple jesus diaries, just a funny article about edwards.

PJD Edwards
    I gotta think that Montgomery was brought in to give Edwards the message he is replaceable. Edwards could be part of some draft day or post draft trade action.

Only bad thing is our Right DE side has been top 2 or 3 against therun last few years. He does not get the sacks but he smashes the run. Of course it helps to have williams to his right and Winfield to his left!
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Edwards was sick in the playoffs and down the stretch while Allen was double and triple teamed on the other side. I think we need him to be successful in the playoffs.
    We're bringing purple back.

Blog Entries

ya but was his performance a fluke or a sign of things to come. I think based on his overall year it was a fluke. Hopefully I'm wrong
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    ya but was his performance a fluke or a sign of things to come. I think based on his overall year it was a fluke. Hopefully I'm wrong
    Edward's performance wasn't a "fluke" per se, it was the result of being the fourth man on a line with 3 Pro Bowlers.

What Edwards seems to forget is that he has the LUXURY of playing on a line with Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, and Jared Allen. Each ONE of those guys is a dominant player...we're fortunate to have all three of them.

Edwards, meanwhile, gets to LOOK like a dominant player because Offensive Lines are so busy trying to stop th other three, that Edwards gets singled up on Right Tackles all day long. And I'll bet you they sometimes don't even put the Tackle on him, but bring a TE or a back to chip on him instead.

If Edwards were dominant, teams would crap themselves trying to stop our line. They struggle as it is, but the fact that they can manage us shows ME that Edwards is not a huge impact guy. He's GOOD, but not GREAT. And, he's VERY replaceable. We can plug just about ANY moderately athletic DE into that 4th slot and they will do well...because of Williams, Williams, and Allen.

So Ray Edwards should STFU and enjoy the fact that when he finally is a UFA, his price will artificially elevate - and I'm betting WE won't be signing him.

Caine

Blog Entries

If it wasn't a fluke, then why didn't he perform that way all season? He played with them all year.

I can only dream of having a great LE to play opposite of Allen... Man that would be awesome. I would have loved to get peppers. best D line in the history of the NFL?

KevinK is offline Starter

If we let edwards go to trade for a second Im all for it. Robison might be an upgrade imo.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

PJD Edwards
    I don't think that Edwards is acting like a jackass at all. He is justifiable upset at the fact that he was forced into a RFA year instead of the expected UFA because the CBA expired. He hasn't been whining about being able to survive (those were just quotes from the article, not quotes form Edwards himself - AFIK he never said anything like that). The man is missing out on anywhere from $5 to $10 million dollars for this year. And considering how easy it is for a player to sustain a career impacting injury...

I think we need more players like Edwards who are highlighting the fact that they got screwed. It will help get a CBA put in place for next year. He isn't mad at the Vikings - he is mad at the situation.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

The only one that Edwards should be mad it is the players union who signed off on the current system. Essentially the players then took the money and put todays players in a far less desireable position.

That being said I havn't seen where Edwards is griping. Obviously he would love to get fair market value, but the team would rather pay him less, and the CBA allows them to.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Edwards Grips

PJD Edwards
    I don't think that Edwards is acting like a jackass at all. He is justifiable upset at the fact that he was forced into a RFA year instead of the expected UFA because the CBA expired. He hasn't been whining about being able to survive (those were just quotes from the article, not quotes form Edwards himself - AFIK he never said anything like that). The man is missing out on anywhere from $5 to $10 million dollars for this year. And considering how easy it is for a player to sustain a career impacting injury...

I think we need more players like Edwards who are highlighting the fact that they got screwed. It will help get a CBA put in place for next year. He isn't mad at the Vikings - he is mad at the situation.
    Yup...feeling real bad for Ray right about now...worst recession since the 30's, and he's only going to get 2.5 million dollars this years...

...my heart's breaking all over the place...

Caine

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast