Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SCarolinaKev is offline Waterboy

Just a little info on Williamson from a SC fan

I've been on the board reading what everybody has to say about Troy. Let me just say from watching him come up through high school and college that you are getting a great addition to your team. You already know he has speed so I won't go there. Let me just say that he went up against some of the best corners in the SEC during his career. He struggled his first two years due to lack of coaching from that position. We brought in a great WR coach and he really worked with him on that and he really excelled his Junior year. No more could they jam him at the line. Several tried and he beat them and burned them badly as they tried to catch up. He eats up cushions faster than anybody I've ever seen and makes great cuts.

He does have great hands and was called upon repeatedly in pressure situations and rarely let us down. He made the game winning catches against Arkansas where he had to catch the ball on an out route and then juke an All-SEC CB to get to the endzone. The other was against Kentucky where our QB had to scramble out of the pocket and Troy broke off of his route and found an opening in the back of the endzone and made a great leaping catch getting both feet down for the TD.

Let me finish by saying that even beyond his playmaking ability, he has great character. He was always willing to speak to the fans, especially the young ones, at the rallies and was a great leader on the team. He isn't very vocal but leads by example. You won't see him showboat in the endzone or on the sidelines. I've never seen him be a distraction to the team. He is very close to his family and chose to leave for the NFL to help support them in a real time of need. You should be proud to have him as part of your team. He won't let you down, on or off of the field. Don't expect him to make the Pro Bowl his first year but don't be surprised if he does either.

I'm slowly becoming a big Vikings fan with all of the Carolina guys you have now like Troy, Willie O., and Marcus Robinson. Good luck to you guys this season. I'll be watching!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Just a little info on Williamson from a SC fan

Welcome aboard Kev. I've been a skeptic on the Troy pic, but I'm coming around. It'll be quite a change in attitude from the WR position. As much as I loved Moss, "Great Character" are words that didn't apply to him, at least in the media's eye.

Stick around, not only do we have players from Carolina, but a good group of posters too.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Welcome aboard man and I agree that Williamson will be one of the leagues premeir players within a couple of seasons.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome man! thanks for the info. I just keep getting more and more excited about the Troy pick.. u drink beer? Ultra will bring ya one shortly

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Thanks for the info. How was Marcus Robinson in college?

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    .. u drink beer? Ultra will bring ya one shortly
    Ultra only serves beer in the Free Beer forum. Unless he makes an exception here. :lol:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SCarolinaKev is offline Waterboy

Marcus did his job and was great for USC. I guess good enough to get him into the NFL! LOL! Sterling Sharpe is the all-time leading WR there but that may change with Spurrier in town now. I wish I could have seen Troy under Spurrier.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the insight SCarolinaKev - nice to get some straight up info form someone who has seen him play on a regular basis. There's too many analysts and Vikes fans passing judgement when they haven't seen that much of him.
    Hope you like it here and stick around some more, always room here for someone who likes to talk football
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Well ya certainly can't complain about that review. That's awesome, I hope he's right.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

SCK, Welcome from the other end of GSP.

"SKOL" wrote:
    Welcome aboard Kev.
    Stick around, not only do we have players from Carolina, but a good group of posters too.
    As one of those posters, thanks for the props SKOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast