Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's best j

    Kluwe's the man. Kickers are very important as mentioned a lot last year when he went down. I knew we'd be in trouble. Field position is key to a lot of wins especially when you don't have the offense that tears it up. Place kickers are important too. Making FGs puts points on the board and with the rule the other team gets it where you kicked it from also effects field position. I'm glad we got Longwell although I'm a little confused as to why we didn't go after Vini. In any case, Longwell should shine.

    In one year we went from having the worst kicking game to one of the best.

  2. #12
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's best j

    I'm wondering what Torp punting average has been in the minicamps & OTA's?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's be

    The thing I really like about Kluwe other than the distance he gets on the ball, is how quick he can kick it from the time the ball is snapped.

    That's a big plus in my book.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's be

    "singersp" wrote:
    The thing I really like about Kluwe other than the distance he gets on the ball, is how quick he can kick it from the time the ball is snapped.

    That's a big plus in my book.
    And with height and consistency.

  5. #15
    Greenway26 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's be

    Kluwe was great last year, and Torp played for my favorite college team, so I am familiar with both. We'd be set with either one of them IMO. Torp has one heck of a strong leg...in a bad CU season, he was like Kluwe was for us last year...one of the few bright spots lol.

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's best j

    When Kluwe got hurt on that late hit, I thought Tice was going to kill somebody. Hell, he just lost his leading scorer that season... :lol:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's best j

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    When Kluwe got hurt on that late hit, I thought Tice was going to kill somebody. Hell, he just lost his leading scorer that season... :lol:
    :scratch: Exactly how many points did Kluwe score last year?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    boognish's Avatar
    boognish is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    701

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's best j

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    When Kluwe got hurt on that late hit, I thought Tice was going to kill somebody. Hell, he just lost his leading scorer that season... :lol:
    :scratch: Exactly how many points did Kluwe score last year?
    He scored with the ladies, man...with the ladies
    I am a dipshit!!!

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's be

    "boognish" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    When Kluwe got hurt on that late hit, I thought Tice was going to kill somebody. Hell, he just lost his leading scorer that season... :lol:
    :scratch: Exactly how many points did Kluwe score last year?
    He scored with the ladies, man...with the ladies
    LOL. Thanks for saving me on that one boognish. For some reason my mind was thinking MVP and my fingers were typing leading scorer... ops: That will teach me to try and be funny.

    I've been working too hard lately, and I think I pulled a brain muscle. :wink:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    230

    Re: Just kickin' it: Vikes punters vie for one of world's best j

    Kluwe is the man. I created the Wikipedia page of him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Still Kickin: Longwell takes cues from Tiger
    By Potus2028 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 02:40 AM
  2. World's Tallest Man Meets The World's Smallest Man
    By Ltrey33 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 11:52 PM
  3. Availble Punters:
    By akvikefan89 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 06:20 PM
  4. Moe Williams Kickin' RootDown
    By PAvikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 04:04 AM
  5. Punters
    By JimFlyinsaucer in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 05:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •