Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    Well I didn't just get my tickets, I bought them two weeks ago on the 3rd from vikingstickets.com.
    I think its basically Ticket King.
    I got four total and paid $230/pc for Section 225, Row 1, seats 5-8.
    It looks like we'll be on the Pack side up in the corner of the endzone.
    Has anyone sat in this area?
    I'm assuming it will be a good view being its Row 1, but I'm curious as to what the face value of the tickets might be.
    Fortunately the site didn't have any fees and I opted to pick the tickets up from their St. Paul office, so the only extra cost I incurred was tax.
    Needless to say I highly recommend the site so far, although I can't say much until I actually get the tickets.


    This will be the first Vikings regular season game I've ever been to, and the first time I've seen the Vikings play since the 1998 pre-season.
    I was beginning to think that I made the wrong choice by buying so soon but I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll get my money's worth either way.



    So me and the guys that I'm going with are thinking about bring a banner (or a sign) and we've been brainstorming some ideas.
    Here are few:

    Take a sign the reads, "We Hate Brett Favre", then cross out the "Hate" with red paint and write "Love" above it.
    I think this would be great because it pretty much sums everything up in five words.
    It's like we just pulled out an old sign from years past and altered it to fit the occassion.


    Ever seen the little Chevy guy pissing on the Ford symbol pasted to the back of someone's truck?
    Well this idea is from a T-Shirt I saw that showed a map of MN and WI with Favre standing in MN taking a leak on GB.
    I thought it would be a great idea, but I'm not sure we'd get away with putting it up in "banner" form at the dome.


    The last idea we've got is to have (at least) one of us wear a Darth Vader mask while another holds a sign that says, "Brett, Welcome to the Dark Side"

    Let me know what you guys think, suggestions welcome!

    My season tickets last year were section 224 row 3.
    They are very good seats - some of the best in the house IMHO.
    I think you will enjoy them a LOT!
    Low row upper deck offers the best view IMHO, and corner endzone allows you to see both the up and down field action we are used to on TV, but also the amazing lateral action that you don't usually get to experience.


    Nodakpaul,
    My season ticket this year, isn't all that far from your last years seat then.
    I'm in Sec. 200
    row 4,

    dead center of the endzone and splitting the uprights....I'm pumped
    You should be.
    Those sound like great seats.
    Plus you are in the North endzone, and for some reason that I cannot comprehend, it seems like most of the scoring is done in that endzone.
    The first tiem I watched a game from endzone seats I thought I would be disappointed because I wouldn't be able to see the action on the other side of the field.
    Honestly, you can still see it pretty well, and I absolutely loved watching the holes open up for our running game - somethign you just miss out on on TV.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Nodakpaul,
    My season ticket this year, isn't all that far from your last years seat then.
    I'm in Sec. 200
    row 4,

    dead center of the endzone and splitting the uprights....I'm pumped
    Ned - for how many games are you planning to make the trek?
    What are your plans for re-selling the tickets when you don't come?

    =Z=
    Really hard to say at this point Zeus.
    I know one game I won't miss, the GB game.
    I'll be there for sure.
    I'm looking at the Bears and Giants games also.
    My preseason tickets, I think I'll put up for a drawing here, just have to decide how I want to make the offer....And those will be FREE !
    Remember, I only have one seat.
    I have to gift Singer one game, for all he's done for me in the past. I suggested to him yesterday, the ticket with the Cheerleader on it..LOL
    That would be the Seattle game.

    But I'll be selling the ones I don't use.
    And I'll offer them here at PPO first.










    Ned


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Nodakpaul,
    My season ticket this year, isn't all that far from your last years seat then.
    I'm in Sec. 200
    row 4,

    dead center of the endzone and splitting the uprights....I'm pumped
    Ned - for how many games are you planning to make the trek?
    What are your plans for re-selling the tickets when you don't come?

    =Z=
    Really hard to say at this point Zeus.
    I know one game I won't miss, the GB game.
    I'll be there for sure.
    I'm looking at the Bears and Giants games also.

    My preseason tickets, I think I'll put up for a drawing here, just have to decide how I want to make the offer....And those will be FREE !

    Remember, I only have one seat.

    I have to gift Singer one game, for all he's done for me in the past. I suggested to him yesterday, the ticket with the Cheerleader on it..LOL

    That would be the Seattle game.

    But I'll be selling the ones I don't use.
    And I'll offer them here at PPO first.










    Ned
    your a good man ned, hopefully we can catch a game one of these days.


    on a sidenote, pspm is starting its rebound

  4. #24
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Nodakpaul,
    My season ticket this year, isn't all that far from your last years seat then.
    I'm in Sec. 200
    row 4,

    dead center of the endzone and splitting the uprights....I'm pumped
    Ned - for how many games are you planning to make the trek?
    What are your plans for re-selling the tickets when you don't come?

    =Z=
    Really hard to say at this point Zeus.
    I know one game I won't miss, the GB game.
    I'll be there for sure.
    I'm looking at the Bears and Giants games also.

    My preseason tickets, I think I'll put up for a drawing here, just have to decide how I want to make the offer....And those will be FREE !

    Remember, I only have one seat.

    I have to gift Singer one game, for all he's done for me in the past. I suggested to him yesterday, the ticket with the Cheerleader on it..LOL

    That would be the Seattle game.

    But I'll be selling the ones I don't use.
    And I'll offer them here at PPO first.










    Ned
    If Favre does sign here, that first preseason game could have some value to it. I've seen those tickets going for way over face value on craigslist...granted most were premium seats.
    A lot of people want to see Favre done purple for the first time.

  5. #25
    TheBlackChip is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    Thanks for the good responses.
    I love Marrdro's suggestion and out of all the ideas I think that one is the front runner for now.
    But of course as someone mentioned game day is still a ways away, so I'm hoping everyone will keep the suggestions coming.
    So far there is definitely some great ones.

    Thanks purplepat for answering my question about the ticket prices, I figured it would be something like that.
    I don't even want to check for tickets when they go on sale because I'm afraid I'll see better ones for cheaper.
    I'm just gonna be happy that I got 'em and enjoy it.


    Thanks again and I look forward to getting to know as many as I can, I'm really looking forward to this upcoming season.


    Aaron

  6. #26
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    BlackChip, first off..
    Welcome to the site, and post often!

    Secondly, those sign ideas are AWESOME!
    I personally wouldn't know which direction to go with..
    soo many good ideas.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  7. #27
    TheBlackChip is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    I almost abandoned this post after hearing Favre was going to stay retired but in all honesty, I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now.


    I still think Favre will be wearing a purple jersey at some point this season.


    I admit most of that is wishfull thinking after buying the Monday night tickets for $230/pc, but another part is just knowing the story can't end any other way.
    I agree with Jay Glazer's article found here, http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ould-come-back.


    Of course the reason I'm resurrecting all of this is not just because I think Favre is coming back.
    It's because if he does, it would make Marrdro and I's idea absolutely perfect.

    The idea is to have a sign that reads "We hate Brett Favre" written with black paint, then with the "hate" crossed out and "love" written above it in a different color, then with that "love" crossed out and another "hate" written above with a different color, and then finally with that "hate" crossed out and a final "love" written above in yet another color and then finishing it off with a line that reads.
    "I guess we can't make up our minds either."


    Perfect.

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    I almost abandoned this post after hearing Favre was going to stay retired but in all honesty, I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now.


    I still think Favre will be wearing a purple jersey at some point this season.


    I admit most of that is wishfull thinking after buying the Monday night tickets for $230/pc, but another part is just knowing the story can't end any other way.
    I agree with Jay Glazer's article found here, http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ould-come-back.


    Of course the reason I'm resurrecting all of this is not just because I think Favre is coming back.
    It's because if he does, it would make Marrdro's idea absolutely perfect.

    The idea is to have a sign that reads "We hate Brett Favre" written with black paint, then with the "hate" crossed out and "love" written above it in a different color, then with that "love" crossed out and another "hate" written above with a different color, and then finally with that "hate" crossed out and a final "love" written above in yet another color and then finishing it off with a line that reads.
    "I guess we can't make up our minds either."


    Perfect.
    LMAO - I LOVE IT!

    Regardless of what Fav-re decides, you can use the sign, just making sure the final Love/Hate is correct.
    PERFECT SIGN, and I bet you get some TV time with it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    Welcome BlackChip .. just have a sign saying " retire you old fool" ... least it might make Madden choke on his chips at home watching the game on TV... come to think of it is that old fool going to come out of retirement as well?

    :
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  10. #30
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    I almost abandoned this post after hearing Favre was going to stay retired but in all honesty, I didn't believe it then, and I don't believe it now.


    I still think Favre will be wearing a purple jersey at some point this season.


    I admit most of that is wishfull thinking after buying the Monday night tickets for $230/pc, but another part is just knowing the story can't end any other way.
    I agree with Jay Glazer's article found here, http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ould-come-back.


    Of course the reason I'm resurrecting all of this is not just because I think Favre is coming back.
    It's because if he does, it would make Marrdro's idea absolutely perfect.

    The idea is to have a sign that reads "We hate Brett Favre" written with black paint, then with the "hate" crossed out and "love" written above it in a different color, then with that "love" crossed out and another "hate" written above with a different color, and then finally with that "hate" crossed out and a final "love" written above in yet another color and then finishing it off with a line that reads.
    "I guess we can't make up our minds either."


    Perfect.
    LMAO - I LOVE IT!

    Regardless of what Fav-re decides, you can use the sign, just making sure the final Love/Hate is correct.
    PERFECT SIGN, and I bet you get some TV time with it.
    Agreed, that'll definitely get you on national TV


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sign Ideas
    By Jilly in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 09:07 AM
  2. Remember 2 years back we tried to sign Kampman from the Pack?
    By mountainviking in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
  3. Ideas for sign at game
    By vikeswin2005 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 06:08 PM
  4. Viking Sign Ideas
    By hovan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 03:50 PM
  5. Vikes vs Pack
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 11:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •