Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    TheBlackChip is offline Waterboy

Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

Well I didn't just get my tickets, I bought them July 3rd from vikingstickets.com.
    I think its basically Ticket King.
    I got four total and paid $230/pc for Section 225, Row 1, seats 5-8.
    It looks like we'll be on the Pack side up in the corner of the endzone.
    Has anyone sat in this area?
    I'm assuming it will be a good view being its Row 1, but I'm curious as to what the face value of the tickets might be.
    Fortunately the site didn't have any fees and I opted to pick the tickets up from their St. Paul office, so the only extra cost I incurred was tax.
    Needless to say I highly recommend the site so far, although I can't say much until I actually get the tickets.

This will be the first Vikings regular season game I've ever been to, and the first time I've seen the Vikings play since the 1998 pre-season.
    I was beginning to think that I made the wrong choice by buying so soon but I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll get my money's worth either way.

So me and the guys that I'm going with are thinking about bring a banner (or a sign) and we've been brainstorming some ideas.
    Here are few:

Take a sign the reads, "We Hate Brett Favre", then cross out the "Hate" with red paint and write "Love" above it.
    I think this would be great because it pretty much sums everything up in five words.
    It's like we just pulled out an old sign from years past and altered it to fit the occassion.

Ever seen the little Chevy guy pissing on the Ford symbol pasted to the back of someone's truck?
    Well this idea is from a T-Shirt I saw that showed a map of MN and WI with Favre standing in MN taking a leak on GB.
    I thought it would be a great idea, but I'm not sure we'd get away with putting it up in "banner" form at the dome.

The last idea we've got is to have (at least) one of us wear a Darth Vader mask while another holds a sign that says, "Brett, Welcome to the Dark Side"

Let me know what you guys think, suggestions welcome!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Just got my Vikes-Pack Mon Night Tix. Row 1. Banner/Sign ideas?

"TheBlackChip" wrote:
    Well I didn't just get my tickets, I bought them two weeks ago on the 3rd from vikingstickets.com.
    I'm assuming it will be a good view being its Row 1, but I'm curious as to what the face value of the tickets might be.
    Fortunately the site didn't have any fees and I opted to pick the tickets up from their St. Paul office, so the only extra cost I incurred was tax.
    Needless to say I highly recommend the site so far, although I can't say much until I actually get the tickets.

This will be the first Vikings regular season game I've ever been to, and the first time I've seen the Vikings play since the 1998 pre-season.
    I was beginning to think that I made the wrong choice by buying so soon but I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll get my money's worth either way.

Congrats on the seats.
    Truth be told, I don't think you can find a bad seat in the house, even if you are behind a piling.
    Think about it, you are in the "Mothership" and you are home with all your friends.

;D

So me and the guys that I'm going with are thinking about bring a banner (or a sign) and we've been brainstorming some ideas.
    Here are few:

Take a sign the reads, "We Hate Brett Favre", then cross out the "Hate" with red paint and write "Love" above it.
    I think this would be great because it pretty much sums everything up in five words.
    It's like we just pulled out an old sign from years past and altered it to fit the occassion.
    How about you make your sign say "We Hate Brett Favre", then cross out the "Hate" with red paint and write "Love" above it and then cross out the "Love" with purple paint and put "Hate" back in there, then cross out the "Hate" and put, "Hell, We can't make up our mind either".

Ever seen the little Chevy guy pissing on the Ford symbol pasted to the back of someone's truck?
    Well this idea is from a T-Shirt I saw that showed a map of MN and WI with Favre standing in MN taking a leak on GB.
    I thought it would be a great idea, but I'm not sure we'd get away with putting it up in "banner" form at the dome.
    Nice but don't think it would make TV.
    My idea would.

The last idea we've got is to have (at least) one of us wear a Darth Vader mask while another holds a sign that says, "Brett, Welcome to the Dark Side"
    Rings to close to Z.

Hope you have a great time.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:
    Well I didn't just get my tickets, I bought them two weeks ago on the 3rd from vikingstickets.com.

Congrats on the seats.
    Truth be told, I don't think you can find a bad seat in the house, even if you are behind a piling.
    Think about it, you are in the "Mothership" and you are home with all your friends.
    ;D

Here are few:

How about you make your sign say "We Hate Brett Favre", then cross out the "Hate" with red paint and write "Love" above it and then cross out the "Love" with purple paint and put "Hate" back in there, then cross out the "Hate" and put, "Hell, We can't make up our mind either".

Nice but don't think it would make TV.
    My idea would.

Rings to close to Z.

Hope you have a great time.

You are on a roll Marr. Are you taking Ginseng or something?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe to big for the game but,
    someone needs to make a big sign with a picture of Moss sitting at a booth with a sign over him,
    GB Mooning Lessons..$5.00
    Brett is first in line, holding out his $5.00 and sporting his new Vikings Jersey.....LOL

;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

The face value of the tickets you purchased is $88 (that's box office face value).
    All in all, probably an average markup for Packer game tickets.
    First row in the upper deck will be great tickets, even if they are in the end zone corner.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Not to rain on anyones parade, but sometimes you can sit to close to the action behind benches or near the benches.
    Sometime the players make it difficult to see the sideline action.
    No big deal!

Like Marrdro said, there isn't really a bad seat in the dome.

I like the love hate thing but I would be thinking about it a while longer.

The Vader mask/costume might get you on TV.

One Idea (draw a purple #4):
    Favre Football Card -

Viking Favre Jersey -

Tickets

-

Bicep Surgery
    -

Retirement Plan -

Playing for the Vikings - PRICELESS!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Those are very nice seats

I actually prefer the 1st row in the upper deck instead of the lower deck

But u definitley need to make a favre sign

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "TheBlackChip" wrote:

Congrats on the seats.

;D

Here are few:

Lol hilarious!

I did like his idea of just taking out an old sign (or make it look that way) and saying "Love".
    This idea is funny as hell though.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I would say promote P.P.O.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

How about,

"Hey Packer fans, at least we didn't take the sheep away from you."
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast