Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: just got my 1998 Minnesota Vikings NFC Champions shirt

    lol, thats just depressing


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: just got my 1998 Minnesota Vikings NFC Champions shirt

    that is one of the coolest...most depressing things I have seen in a while!
    If I may ask....did you obtain it from EBAY?
    Or did your Aftrican cousin send you one of his extras?
    ;D
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  3. #13
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: just got my 1998 Minnesota Vikings NFC Champions shirt

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    that is one of the coolest...most depressing things I have seen in a while!
    If I may ask....did you obtain it from EBAY?
    Or did your Aftrican cousin send you one of his extras?

    ;D
    yea.. you got me, i had my african half-brother send me one...

    damn, thought i could get away with it.

  4. #14
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: just got my 1998 Minnesota Vikings NFC Champions shirt

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    the loser's shirts/hats get shipped off to africa, where they will never see the light of day.
    Here's the story on where they go and how they get there:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/sports/football/04gear.html

    By order of the National Football League, those items are never to appear on television or on eBay. They are never even to be seen on American soil.

    They will be shipped Monday morning to a warehouse in Sewickley, Pa., near Pittsburgh, where they will become property of World Vision, a relief organization that will package the clothing in wooden boxes and send it to a developing nation, usually in Africa.
    So somewhere in Africa there still may be four T-shirts proclaiming the Vikings Super Bowl Winners and World Champions.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=42395.0

  5. #15
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: just got my 1998 Minnesota Vikings NFC Champions shirt

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    the loser's shirts/hats get shipped off to africa, where they will never see the light of day.
    Here's the story on where they go and how they get there:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/sports/football/04gear.html

    By order of the National Football League, those items are never to appear on television or on eBay. They are never even to be seen on American soil.

    They will be shipped Monday morning to a warehouse in Sewickley, Pa., near Pittsburgh, where they will become property of World Vision, a relief organization that will package the clothing in wooden boxes and send it to a developing nation, usually in Africa.
    So somewhere in Africa there still may be four T-shirts proclaiming the Vikings Super Bowl Winners and World Champions.
    I wonder if we could ship Goodell to Africa under those same terms.

  6. #16
    IMissCris is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    59

    Re: just got my 1998 Minnesota Vikings NFC Champions shirt

    In other 1998-related news.......in a matter of hours, we will have reached 10 years from that fateful day, the worst sports day of my life (1-17-99).

    10 years....wow.

  7. #17
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: just got my 1998 Minnesota Vikings NFC Champions shirt

    "IMissCris" wrote:
    In other 1998-related news.......in a matter of hours, we will have reached 10 years from that fateful day, the worst sports day of my life (1-17-99).

    10 years....wow.

    Wow 10 years today.. I didn't even realize it

    Time flys

  8. #18
    IMissCris is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    59

    Re: just got my 1998 Minnesota Vikings NFC Champions shirt

    "V4L" wrote:
    "IMissCris" wrote:
    In other 1998-related news.......in a matter of hours, we will have reached 10 years from that fateful day, the worst sports day of my life (1-17-99).

    10 years....wow.

    Wow 10 years today.. I didn't even realize it

    Time flys

    No doubt....and if you told me that day that we wouldn't be that close again over the next 10 years, I woulda called you crazy (and don't say 2001 equaled 1998 in the sense that we reached the same level of the postseason and lost, because a) we were never in the game against the Giants and b) there wasn't the same level of expectation we had going into the Falcs game).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 1998 Minnesota Vikings" Missing Rings" airs on 10/16/2008
    By Peterson08 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 02:05 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 06:01 AM
  3. I have a MN Vikings SuperBowl XXXIII Champions football!!
    By ianator66 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
  4. NIT T-shirt not worthy of champions
    By BadlandsVikings in forum College Ball
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 08:11 AM
  5. 1998 Minnesota Vikings Roster
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 09:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •