Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Just Got Banned from VB

"vikingsreview" wrote:
    You guys mistake me with Tice M. I am in no way Tice M, I have no idea who Tice M is, and I do not know why this thread was started in the first place. I have been a member of this site since the beginning of the season. I do not ussually post here, there, or anywhere (Dr. Suess reference). I do check this site on occassion just to see what the general feelings about the Vikings are, same as the other sites.

I have been very disappointed with how you guys post here, the manner in which you proceed with discussion, and the overall tone of the posters. I feel fully justified in my naming of this place as juvnile based on the 7 responses I recieved since I made my first post here.

I was neurtal about the whole thing until you guys just started to bash whoever posted this thread. He is a fellow Vikings fan first and foremost, yet you guys seem to have forgotten that in your attempt to look witty ala' Jim Rome, PTI, Around the Horn, ESPN style.

By expressing my opinion here about which site was actually more focused on Vikings events, I have been accused of things that were not true and of being a person which I am not. Is this how you treat someone with an opinion that counters yours? From my past and present experince, I have gathered this.

You can visit both sites without instigating a civil war. Furthermore, one should be able to express an opinion about the relative quality of the sites without having others resort to 3rd grade antics. I expect this out of Packer fans, not Vikings fans.
    You must be one of those guys that goes to every office party and just wants to talk shop...BORING!!! This community is here to talk about EVERYTHING VIKING and ANYTHING ELSE we want to...that is what the Clubhouse thread is about! ANYONE who doesn't want to discuss a particular topic is free to ignore it (the really stupid one get 0 responses...a sure sign that no one cares).

Even someone like you is welcome to share your opinions about every topic, even this one that I quoted...but if you think that we are just going to grin and bear it, guess again. We will express OUR opinions about your opinion just as freely...and that is just the way it goes. The juxtaposition of your accusation of our "3rd grade antics" with your "Dr. Seuss" (the correct spelling by the way) reference is no doubt unintentional on your part, but nonetheless hilarious just the same. I could go on and on, analyzing and reanalyzing your post, carving it up piece by piece, assessing every word, intelligently and maturely, showing you and the world how smart I think I am and how much education and verbal skill I definitely have (I am a lawyer, if you haven't already guessed)...but then I would be just as BORING as you seem to be. That is why when I come here, I let loose...and that is exactly what Webby has allowed us here at PP.O to do...there are blessed few rules to live by here...basically, live and let live, and profess total love for your team...heck, we even don't mind fans of opposing team coming on here and touting their team's chances...yeah, some of us get obnoxious at times, but other posters here usually rein them in. As for the opposing team's fans, if they get out of line, we usually rein them in as well...sometimes they get banned, but I would personally prefer to smack them repeatedly until they leave voluntarily...that way they can only blame themselves for not coming back! :lol:

All in all, vikingsreview...if you don't like us...there are plenty other portals...don't let this portal hit you where the sun don't shine on your way out! I have no feelings one way or the other, but as you can tell by my sig at the bottom, I have very little use for members like you that just lurk and don't post...it is just my philosophy that everyone should contribute, no matter how silly they might think that they will sound...I still want to hear what everyone here has to say...heck, most of my posts are living proof of the fact that I don't care how silly ANYONE thinks I am here...because it's all in good fun...I don't get paid a dime for what I do here...so there are practically no boundaries to what I should be able to say (as long as it's not too offensive that is). In my line of work, there is no margin for error...but I get paid alot of money to make sure that is the case...and I certainly don't need tightasses like you seem to be telling me that I am childish or silly...I purposely am that way here because this is my free time and it's more fun that way!

In closing, I say to you that you can choose to stay or choose to go...but if you are going to stay, don't criticize the site...majority rules here for the most part (except when Webby has to remind us of who the Exalted Ruler is on the site)...and the majority will let any one of us know when we have crossed the line...and THAT is what makes this site the best Viking site there is!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Dang, I could have gotten about 10 posts out of all that if I would have broken that up!!!

Note to self: Quit rambling on, you blabberfingers!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

CynicalVike is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Dang, I could have gotten about 10 posts out of all that if I would have broken that up!!!

Note to self: Quit rambling on, you blabberfingers!!!
    Yeah, like loosing those 10 posts are going to come back and haunt you someday!
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

this is an awesome thread. I have to believe mafia that they edited his posts. what the hell is VB anyway?

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

After reading all of these posts for the past... I don't know how many hours, I realized that Vikes fans are bashing Vikes fans, and that is just plain silly. Why is it that nobody from here or any other Vikes site went over to the VB site to trash them, but someone felt the need to come here to trash PP.O? Seems kinda wierd. Well, I have a feeling the majority of the members over there are nice guys and gals, and I'm sure they're tryin' to make their site as good as possible, but they're new, so why not give 'em a chance? Plus, it IS a Vikings site, so it can't be all bad. It's kinda unfair to compare ANY other board to this one since it's been around for quite some time, plus the Mods have gone out of their way to make it great. Well, I guess I'd just rather ignore the unrespectful posts like the one that started this whole "war," but I'm sure glad not everyone feels the same way because I would have much less material to read during my hourly breaks from studying for finals! Alright, I'm done, back to supply chain and labor law for an hour. Peace!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

AH come on, cant we all get along now?? Dont we both cheer for the same team???? :roll:

I dont see other viking boards fighting amongst one another now.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I feel sad, almost that Cajun wasted his typing on a one post wonder that (hmmm, one post? that must be messed up, somehow) is dissing us. Odd, he has posted once, and is telling us how to post? I tried to ride a trike once, but wasn't so good at it, so ya'll don't know how to either (keeping with the 3 year old theme).

Cajun likes the TnT drinking and posting 1,2 & 3 threads. He posts on the "PPO movies" and all like that. And he posts great on football too. The fact that a one post wonder drew some attention from Cajun is odd. He has 13k posts,well this week... you have one. Tell him how to post will you? It's ok to get him a little miffed, but wait til him and Del Rio bring it, cause your silly. You will find out, that its ok to have an opinion, but you better have some sense, and reason with that.

And I am very glad to have Cajun and Del Rio, and don't even mention Caine (in a bad way).....they keep us all from having to read too much stupidity. Webby and Ultra step in when needed, but usually they just let it ride.

Cajun, Del, Caine and the rest of you all, thanks. They may post stuff like that for a while, but not for long. Even they can't live with themselves after you all get started. =).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345