Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Just curious, knowing what you know now, how many Vike f

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    I agree with you carolinafan. Williamson was the better pickup for this team. His speed is unbeatable as he's shown already this season, and Daunte has the arm to get it to him on the fly. Although I'd like to see the Vikings get the ball to him more often, I've noticed in the games I've seen that Daunte is looking his way but hasn't always gotten the protection he needs from the o-line for a deep pass.
    I was surprised we threw T-Will a pass on a route other than a fly route. I saw it in a game before, but I thought it was a mistake :lol: :lol:

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Just curious, knowing what you know now, how many Vike fans

yes, troy has blazing speed. in colleage, the qb throwing to him could not throw it far enough. troy had to slow down to catch balls. now with a gunslinger in daunte, its only a matter of time before he learns our system and becomes an amazing player for his team and in the league. watch out of him next year.
    We're bringing purple back.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Re: Just curious, knowing what you know now, how many Vike f

Troy has excellent speed but so do a lot of NFL players, he really needs to develop his route running and his adjustment to the ball in the air, something he hasn't done very well up to this point. Didn't look real sharp on the long throw to him in the Packer game.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"carolinafan" wrote:
    still wished you drafted Mike Williams? I heard on a pregame show today that Williams had been late for over 10 meetings and the Lions were unhappy with his attitude. (Which should be obvious for a guy that missed a year of college ball, only to hold out once he was drafted). The announcer said you would think after a year off he'd be on time and get in every workout he possibly could.

I'd say the Vikes made the right choice hands down.

Detroit is also not happy with his speed, there has been speculation that he would be better at TE because he is slow. If Detroit would not have been without their top 2 wide receivers he would not been playing much, and a non-factor for them.

Williamson is playing with 4 other good wide receivers and the Vikes have the luxury of developing Troy into a top wide receiver, and next year with him and Burleson as 1 and 2 and with Talyor, Robinson and Robinson they will have one of the best receiving corps in the NFL!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I will be the first to admit that I was pissed that we took TW over MW. The jury is still out on both players, but it's good that TW is staying out of the news unlike MW. I can't wait 'til TW goes him this weekend and brings a can of whoop @$$ on the Panters!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I've been really happy with Troy. I think he's showed a lot of improvement already. I haven't seen a whole lot about Williams, but I know his speed is definately an issue. I wasn't necessarily pissed, but definately disappointed and surprised when we drafted him, but now I'm happy that we did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12