Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Just can't do it

I can't root against my Vikings, no matter what.

There's been a bit of talk lately about tanking the season and using the first pick in the draft to take Andrew Luck. While he is a fantastic prospect, I don't think there's any way we actually finish that badly. It shouldn't even really be close.

And there is no way in hell that I will ever root for it to happen.

I root for my team to win, and I expect them to play to win each and every game, no matter what the circumstances. I don't care how bad things get, nothing will ever change that. If we end up last anyway, so be it. as long as I know we went down fighting.

I know I went off on the coaching staff earlier this week. I broke one of my own cardinal rules and posted in the heat of the moment. But I am done with pessimism and negativity. It's time I got back to who and what I really am, and that is a FAN.

So onward and upward, and let's kick some Chiefs butt this weekend!

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Good luck with that.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    I started Matthew Stafford in my fantasy league last week and was rooting for him.

Trust me, the coaches aren't trying to win games. If they were, McNabb wouldn't be on the field and they wouldn't hand the ball to Peterson 5 times in the second half. If the coaches don't care about the team winning, neither do I.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I care about us winning.... A SUPER BOWL. Not Finishing 7-9 or 5-11. I'd rather go 2-14 and get a top pick than that useless middle pick. We aren't going to win the Super bowl this year, or next year, or after that, or ever. But in the mean time, I hope AD breaks some rushing records, Ponder sees 8-9 games, and we finish low enough to snag Kalil or Blackmon. I want us to win the big game, and if that's going to happen, we need to add some serious pieces. That ain't happenin at the 14th pick in the draft. Sure it's still a good pick, but to get an elite prospect, we need top 5.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    Fuck that, play to win.

Blog Entries
    It's nice to say that you want your team to win every game, and I'm sure most here do. But what would've happened if we ended up 9-7 and just missing the playoffs last year? We would still have TJ and Childress. And Bevell. Thankfully they are all gone. Look at the seahawks in last years draft. If they would've lost the playoff game to the saints they would've jumped an insane amount of spots. I realize it's playoffs and completely different and I would never expect a team to lose a playoff game, or any game for that matter, on purpose. But as a rational fan, you have to realize what's best. Would you rather experience the joy of a couple wins this season and still not even coming close to the playoffs, or would you rather us have a draft pick that we can use to get an ELITE talent like a Luck, a Blackmon, or a Kalil. We aren't as far off as some people think from being in the playoffs. If Ponder can play decent and we get a WR and an OL in the draft, we will be in good position to compete.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Who cares how far away we are from being a playoff team. I want to know how far away we are from being a S B team. And if it takes a few years in the cellar to get the talent it takes to get there then so be it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Who cares how far away we are from being a playoff team. I want to know how far away we are from being a S B team. And if it takes a few years in the cellar to get the talent it takes to get there then so be it.
    In the playoffs, anything can happen and anyone can be a SB team. Some more likely than others, but anythings possible.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Skol! On to victory!!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    I want the Vikings to win every game. But this is a year that I don't really expect that to happen. And I'm not going to get terribly upset if they end up drafting in the top-5. There are LOTS of holes to fill on this team. And the quickest way to do that is the draft.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast