Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: Just back from Carolina, thoughts...

good ta hear that you stayed positive in the sadness.

Go vikes!!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

The fans really werent too bad, not many things said directly to us because of the kids. Which I thought was classy on the Panthers fans part. Much more civil than the reception my daughter got at Atlanta a couple years ago. Several times when we walked by some Panthers fans you could see the wheels turning for some kind of comment until they saw my two little girls in their jerseys, and then I have to say that for the most part they just smiled and went on their way.

Mostly what we heard was under the breath after we walked past, or stuff thrown at other Vikigns fans who were probably bringing in on more themselves that we were within ear shot of.

I know when you go to another stadium with the opposition jersey on you cheer for your own team, but you let most of the stupid comments just roll off your back. But the guy sitting right next to me in a Cris Carter jersey would get into a back and forth with every off handed comment that was anywhere near us. And since he was sitting right next to me I am sure lots of people thought we were all together. I said to my wife, this guy is going to make it a lot more difficult on us before this game is over.

Anyway I cant be complimentary enough about the Panthers fans, stadium, and entire experience they were great.

By the way about 10 rows behind us some Panthers fans must have gotten in a shouting match with some Vikings fans, and the security came up and threw out the Panthers fan (who apparently was a season ticket holder because the entire way down the stairs he kept shouting "I own those seats and I will be back here next week") so I thought that was pretty cool. Because it meant to me that apparently when the security guys arrived and asked the surrounding multitudes (a majority of which were obviously Panthers fans) what happened they obviously stuck up for the Vikings fans side of things.

I thought that was pretty classy.

Hats off to the Panthers fans.

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    I don't mind when our fans get razzed at another stadium as long as it's in good fun. You can expect that. But to give 10 year olds grief, well who's the ones really acting like 10 year olds
    I was thinking the same thing.

Crappola!!!

Bleedspurple is offline Rookie

I also noticed yesterday on the TV that there were LOTS of empty seats. WTF?

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

The only response I might say to a Panthers fan is, "what is 'Carolina'" ? I looked on the map, and there is no such geographic entity. There is South Carolina, and North Carolina, but I have yet to discover "Carolina" on the map.

At least my team is a real state...

"StillPurple" wrote:
    The only response I might say to a Panthers fan is, "what is 'Carolina'" ? I looked on the map, and there is no such geographic entity. There is South Carolina, and North Carolina, but I have yet to discover "Carolina" on the map.

At least my team is a real state...

What is "New England"? And last I checked they have had some success without being named after a particular state.

jkg3000 is offline Waterboy

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Charlotte. They call it " Carolina" to include North and South Carolina in the fan base. Kinda makes it both states team even though tht Panthers are physically located in Charlotte, NC.

I had been meaning to post this picture for a while, but I was a little busy this week. You know working and playing golf take up most all of my time.

Anyway here is a picture of the entire gang in the parking lot tailgating. I was surprised the picture turned out without our heads being cut off or anything when I found out after the fact that the guy that took the picture for us was a Packers fan.

Purple Pride Greenville Chapter.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Wow, nice looking family Turboe. Thanks for sharing that, and showing your purple pride in hostile territory. Wish it was a better outcome at the game though.

btw, did they let you take the horn into the stadium? We can't bring our horns to the Metrodome because of some stupid NFL noise maker rule.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

I didnt even try to bring in the horn, because I didnt want to chance loosing it at the stadium gate if they wouldnt let me bring it in. I had heard rumours about that at the Metrodome, so why risk it.

This picture was taken shortly before I blew the horn and embarrassed all of my family who didnt want to call attention to themselves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast