Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Just back from Carolina, thoughts...

Got back from Charlotte and the game today, and this is the first I have gotten online. Some observations and thoughts on the day.

First off, I was impressed to see how many of my fellow Vikings faithful came out for the game. There were a lot of purple in the lots tailgaiting and in the stadium too.

Secondly I was also surprised at how many Panthers fans came discuised as empty seats. It was a beautiful day, and the Panthers are having a great season, how can the stadium be that empty.

Third, I was checking out Tonu Fonoti with the binoculars. He is a big boy!!! And that is the understatment of the year.

Fourth, was it just my perception without the benefit of close views or instant replys or did we miss some interception opportunities that were just right through our hands, etc. And then what appeared to be a fumble recovery in the second half that a penalty nulified right? It just killed me.

Also my perception was scewed by being in the one corner of the stadium, but it seamed at least in the first half that we held them on many plays for no gain or a loss, but then gave up numerous crucial plays (especially on third downs).

Lastly the whole boat incident makes it even harder to be a Vikes fan on the road, as that is what you hear from all the opposing teams fans when they start in on you.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Just back from Carolina, thoughts...

My condolences to you Turboe, thanks for supporting our Team out there today on the Road!!!!

Good to here that there were others out there also!!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Oh yeah and I almost forgot, what I am the proudest of is that my two daughters wore vikings jerseys to the game as well, and they didnt even take them off when people started giving us greif, as our 10yr old had done a couple years ago in Atlanta.

The oldest went as C. Carter, and I managed to find an old Chris Doleman for the middle daughter (I almost forgot that I still had that jersey). The 19 month old had to stay here with some friends, but she had her Vikes outfit on as well.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Welcome back Turboe.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Welcome back Turboe, and good observations. I think there was one big play on each of the Panther's scoring drives. It usually came on 3rd down (except for the first down bomb), and was usually Steve Smith. Other than that one play on each drive the defense made some nice plays.

As with the Packers last week it seemed that there were missed opportunities to create turnovers / interceptions. The good defenses in this league always turn opportunities into turnovers. We're just not there yet.

We're all proud of you and your daughters for supporting our team in hostile territory.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

"Turboe" wrote:
    Got back from Charlotte and the game today, and this is the first I have gotten online. Some observations and thoughts on the day.

Fourth, was it just my perception without the benefit of close views or instant replys or did we miss some interception opportunities that were just right through our hands, etc. And then what appeared to be a fumble recovery in the second half that a penalty nulified right? It just killed me.
    yeah erasmus had a great play today and it of course was called back because of a little holding penalty on smoot, good observations turboe

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

we were in possition to win throughout the game. we dropped ints and took stupid penatlies. and then the unthinkable happen with cpepper.
    We're bringing purple back.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

You are the Man Turbo.Our road warrior...
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for the road report Turboe, to bad we couldn't pull out a win for ya to see..

I think it's great your girls showed their purple pride and stood steady as a Rock, in the face of the foe.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I don't mind when our fans get razzed at another stadium as long as it's in good fun. You can expect that. But to give 10 year olds grief, well who's the ones really acting like 10 year olds

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast