Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    Rice needs more chances than 2 per game when I have seen him on the field, I honestly don't see why some of these other guys are getting the opportunities over a young guy who really wants to make that impact. Rice can deliver HE needs more chances to prove so.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    "MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    Rice needs more chances than 2 per game when I have seen him on the field, I honestly don't see why some of these other guys are getting the opportunities over a young guy who really wants to make that impact. Rice can deliver HE needs more chances to prove so.
    As much as I hate to admit it my friend, I believe a proven Vet (Ferggggyyy) was brought in to help TJ.


    He does need someone to rely on who can make the tough catch at times instead of young, inexperienced WR's.

    Rationale was sound, just a bad choice.
    I would have loved to see Curtis and B-wade on the field at the same time with Rice.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    Good article and shows why a lot of people have faith in Rice. I understand Ferguson was brought in to
    help TJ but so far he has done squat. I'd rather see the younger players get the balls thrown to them, they may not catch them all but in the long term it will help their development far more.
    I'm looking for Rice to see more of the ball this Sunday.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  4. #24
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    There s no doubt this man has heart and hands.
    El underdog.

  5. #25
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I think he is a future star who should have been out there more all year but we still could use a proven vet on the team. Right now we have a bunch of crap and one pile of rice that has not germinated yet.
    You take a stance and stick by it.
    If you are proven wrong you admit it.

    That is what I like about you my friend.
    ;D
    Does that mean I was wrong about something? I have said for 2 years that we needed more talent in the WR corps (Corpse).

    Once I thought that I was wrong, but I was mistaken ;D

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I think he is a future star who should have been out there more all year but we still could use a proven vet on the team. Right now we have a bunch of crap and one pile of rice that has not germinated yet.
    You take a stance and stick by it.
    If you are proven wrong you admit it.

    That is what I like about you my friend.

    ;D
    Does that mean I was wrong about something? I have said for 2 years that we needed more talent in the WR corps (Corpse).

    Once I thought that I was wrong, but I was mistaken ;D
    Comeon my friend, you know this one was a compliment.

    You also know that if your comment differs from mine, you are wrong and I will remind you of it.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I think he is a future star who should have been out there more all year but we still could use a proven vet on the team. Right now we have a bunch of crap and one pile of rice that has not germinated yet.
    You take a stance and stick by it.
    If you are proven wrong you admit it.

    That is what I like about you my friend.
    ;D
    Does that mean I was wrong about something? I have said for 2 years that we needed more talent in the WR corps (Corpse).

    Once I thought that I was wrong, but I was mistaken ;D
    Comeon my friend, you know this one was a compliment.

    You also know that if your comment differs from mine, you are wrong and I will remind you of it.
    ;D
    Yes, but I have selective comprehension so it would be a moot point ;D

  8. #28
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    i dont know about making rice the number 2 wr.
    for one he gets to go up against number 3 corners most of the time and with his size and speed it's usually a mismatch.
    plus i think they should just use more 3 wr sets, which it looks like they have been, cuz it opens up the running game and creates mismatches all over the field in the passing game.
    but as maddro said earlier we have to be able to protect otherwise we can spread teams out a bit.
    we did a solid job last game and whattayah know, guys were open, and everyone was getting involved.
    lets carry it over to this week against a good pass rush, but a banged up defense all together.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

  9. #29
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    i dont know about making rice the number 2 wr.
    for one he gets to go up against number 3 corners most of the time and with his size and speed it's usually a mismatch.
    plus i think they should just use more 3 wr sets, which it looks like they have been, cuz it opens up the running game and creates mismatches all over the field in the passing game.
    but as maddro said earlier we have to be able to protect otherwise we can spread teams out a bit.
    we did a solid job last game and whattayah know, guys were open, and everyone was getting involved.
    lets carry it over to this week against a good pass rush, but a banged up defense all together.
    He's a mismatch against #1 corners as well. There aren't many CBs that are 6'4 and can jump with him.

    In fact, there are none.

  10. #30
    bigbadragz's Avatar
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    823

    Re: Just add Rice: Offense looks for more from rookie WR

    you may be right in that point and if he keeps getting one on one coverage with nickle backs and beating it they are gonna stop doing it anyway but at least at number 3 they don't have to rush him along.
    they can kinda mix him in and let him just make plays as opposed to being the focal point.
    but hey if he earns that and is making plays what do i care.
    sounds good to me
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 136
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 01:36 PM
  2. Who's the best WR? Sorry, Randy, it's Rice with a side of Rice
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 07:21 AM
  3. Vikings place hopes in hands of rookie wideout Rice
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 01:01 PM
  4. Sidney Rice - Ex-USC star now eager NFL rookie
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 12:36 PM
  5. 2006 Vikings offense=2003 Chiefs offense
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 01:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •