Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just 4 Kicks

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Re: Paul Edinger

"Phlegm" wrote:
    Salisbury also played for the vikes... A little biased I imagine.

We signed Edinger on 5-24-05. We were waiting from someone to release a solid veteran for us to sign, just so happened to be the guy we wanted a couple years ago in Paul Edinger.
    Salibury hates the vikings. I know he played for them but that was the first good thing I have ever heard him say about us.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Just 4 Kicks

I was reading a camp article from yesterday that said tice is holding true to working on special teams in TC. He is having kicking drills everyday and so far edinger is perfect and elling has missed one from 30 yards. I say we take edinger and dorsch and let bennet and elling go.

Dorsch (SP?) has a let to handle kickoffs, bennet doesnt. Edinger cant do kickoffs but is looking better at the FG this year.

Sorry, I have no link for this story because I cant remember where I read that. I think it was part of a star trib article though.

Phlegm is offline Rookie

I have heard him say plenty of good thing s about us in the past...
    Obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes off the goal.

6-KINGS Guest

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "Phlegm" wrote:

We signed Edinger on 5-24-05. We were waiting from someone to release a solid veteran for us to sign, just so happened to be the guy we wanted a couple years ago in Paul Edinger.
    Salibury hates the vikings. I know he played for them but that was the first good thing I have ever heard him say about us.
    I have Sean'a autograph.
    I wonder what it is worth?

Let me find out what recycled paper goes for.

oh here it is. $.00000000000000000000145

Yeap that seems about right.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i want elling to come through on accuracy then he would be a solid kicker but until then i'd take edingers short kick offs.

vikesfan is offline Starter

I may be in the vast minority here, but I really want Elling to win the job. Yes, the Vikes did want Edinger a year ago and signed him to an offer sheet but that was before he completely fell apart. He had a horrible year last year (and the year before actually) making something like 62% of his kicks and he had a very low percentage from 30-39 yards. I know that Elling had a bad preseason last year, but his numbers from 2003 (18-25 - 75%) are MUCH better than Edinger's numbers from the last 2 seasons. Also, with our kicking coverage as bad as it's been, I really like the distance that Elling was getting on kickoffs last year before his injury.

I don't understand why people say that at least with Edinger it's consistent and a sure three points. No, that's not true. That was the case with both Andersons (Morten and Gary) but Edinger is a complete gamble. I would NOT be confident with him walking out there to win a game from 40 yards out with 3 seconds left. I wouldn't be confident with Elling either, but I say since they both haven't shown much, take the younger guy with a stronger leg for kickoffs.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

If Elling could win the jon I say let him have it. But I
    want to see a solid kicker win the job. I believe that Edinger can consistently make the field goals that Elling misses. I really want to see Travis Dorsch over here too.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    "Phlegm" wrote:

I have Sean'a autograph.
    I wonder what it is worth?

Let me find out what recycled paper goes for.

oh here it is. $.00000000000000000000145

Yeap that seems about right.
    LMAO :lol:

Great replies. I think us Vikes fans have the best grasp on what we need to see from our team. Yeah, Sean never has much to say thats good about the Vikings. I think you can gather about 2 hundred of his trading cards, glue them together and put them on a roll and put them to good use in the bathroom. I am not partial to either Paul or Elling. I just really want to see some true consistency from the best kick a** kicker.
    "If you cant change the people, then change the people"

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I really don't care who the hell kicks for our team....as long as they don't suck! Kickers have pissed me off in the past, and I have little respect for any of em' these days....Vinitieri, Akers, Mare and thats about it!! Gary Anderson made me hate kickers for life....wish Fuad Reviez was still around! He was the last solid kicker we had!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast