Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jungle dwelers

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

jungle dwelers

Is there any jungle dwelers on this board. That means fans of the jim rome show for you non dwelers. I have been listening to rome since 1995 and I love his show. I just hate the fact that he doesn't talk about football enough.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

jungle dwelers

I listen to him for an hour of a few times during the week.

He is ok. Sometimes lame, sometimes funny. They come up with the pretty funny sayings on the show.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

jungle dwelers

Most of you probably don't remember this, but Jim Rome did some stupid bit with Jim Everett (QB-Rams) back in the 80s or 90s...tried to intentionally humiliate him on the show (called him "Chrissy", after the female tennis player).

Everett got up and grabbed him, Rome fell over like a rag doll, then sat and whined about his victimization for the next couple of weeks.

I've had no respect for him ever since. I listen to him on ESPN radio before the local coverage kicks in. He's just a tool, as far as I'm concerned.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

jungle dwelers

The guy on the Fox pregame show who does little skits did one making impersonating Rome. It was hilarious!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

jungle dwelers

I liked him in 95-97 ish..... his act got really old to me after that though.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

jungle dwelers

Is it just me, or are "rants" something that you just can't pull out of a hat, every single day, without sounding fake or old?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

jungle dwelers

Dude, Rome is epic. I do not know what you are talking about.

If you are going to post, please do not suck

If you suck you will get run.

By J-Stew

Out

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

jungle dwelers

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Most of you probably don't remember this, but Jim Rome did some stupid bit with Jim Everett (QB-Rams) back in the 80s or 90s...tried to intentionally humiliate him on the show (called him "Chrissy", after the female tennis player).

Everett got up and grabbed him, Rome fell over like a rag doll, then sat and whined about his victimization for the next couple of weeks.

I've had no respect for him ever since. I listen to him on ESPN radio before the local coverage kicks in. He's just a tool, as far as I'm concerned.
    I saw that too, and thought pretty much the same thing. Rome is a twit. I hate pansies who hide behind cameras or laws and run their pie-holes. I wish Everett had really smacked him around.

As soon as Rome grows a set of cajones and backs up his mouth, maybe I'll pay attention to him. Until then, he's just another little man with a microphone, and the world has quite enough of those already.

Caine

jungle dwelers

Yeah that was so funny. Jim goes "Im gonna bet that you dont call me chris again" and Rome says "I bet I do....Chris" and Jim pounced on him
    Son, when you participate in sporting events it s not whether you win or lose, it s how drunk you get. -Homer J. Simpson

It s not just about me and my dream of doing nothing; it s about all of us...together!-Peter Gibbons

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

jungle dwelers

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    Dude, Rome is epic. I do not know what you are talking about.

If you are going to post, please do not suck

If you suck you will get run.

By J-Stew

Out
    Are these quotes from his show or his message board?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast