Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: June trial date set for Vikings' McKinnie in Miami brawl

freaking Mckinnie...he's a clownshoe..... This is something that could comeback and bite the Vikes on hand...suspension,fines,loss of draft picks. I just hope he keeps is head from getting lodged in a certain body cavity..I would say he's had his fun this Offseason.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43976.msg784705#msg784705 date=1211903950]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43976.msg783355#msg783355 date=1211629126]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=43976.msg783255#msg783255 date=1211596303]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43976.msg783251#msg783251 date=1211595321]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43976.msg782207#msg782207 date=1211392760]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=43976.msg782104#msg782104 date=1211376635]
    Is anybody else a little worried that Artie Hicks is filling in for McKinnie during OTAs? <shudder>
    I am, especially when you factor in the fact that I wanted this guy gone just as much as I want Sharper gone.
    LOL! Doesn't it make you shudder even more that they chose Hicks for that role instead of your boy Chad Johnson?

It certainly doesn't say much for how much they think of CJ.
    You mean Chase right?
    Yes, Dammit! I did it again.
    I knew who he meant.

;D

And no, It doesn't say anything as he is getting reps as well. My hope is that Artis will look like pooh and Chase (Chad) will get the gig over him and Artis will be given his walking papers.

;D
    [/quote]
    I hope Artis looks like a pro-bowler, I expect him to look like pooh. Big difference.
    [/quote]
    You know that is what I meant right?

;D

I am tired of him though.

[/quote]

So am I, but the problem is none of us have seen Chase Johnson play in a game. For you to assume that he will be better than Hicks, purely on a whim or wishful thinking without actually seeing him play, is nothing more than MarrdroVision.
    [/quote]
    Nope, not Whim or Wishfull thinking but rather logic that dictates that the coaching staff saw something they liked enough to keep him on the roster.

As with a guy like Cook, if the coaching staff like him, I like him.

By the way, none of us saw Cook, Griffin, McCauley, TJ, AD, Greenway etc etc etc play a snap in the NFL and yet they are starting. ;D
    [/quote]

Brooks Bollinger
    Ciatrick Fason
    Billy McMullen
    Troy Williamson
    Robert Ferguson
    Artis Hicks

these are guys the coaching staff thought enough of to take up a roster spot. the coaches are not always right. not just our coaches, but any coaching staff misses the boat on some players. not that chadchase can not be good, i hope he is, but just making the roster does not make him good.
    [/quote]
    Excellent point my friend, however, sometimes, based on talent available, you have to settle for a player instead of landing a top notch guy across the board, especially when you consider how much of the board was gutted.

Brooks Bollinger -
    This guy is on the current regime. Probably wouldn't have been around as long if there was a better option out there.

Ciatrick Fason - On the last regime.

Billy McMullen - Wasn't brought in cause he was the greatest player in the world but rather for his understanding of the scheme.
    Every coach out there brings in cats like this to help get the ball rolling.
    Considered a cheap bandaid fix so you can gut the team of players that don't fit the scheme.

Troy Williamson - On the last regime.
    Also some blame could be layed at the feet of this regime, but it is damn hard to give up on a number 7 overall pick especially when one considers that it takes at least 3 years for a WR to really start to produce.
    I would also throw E. James in this catagory.

Robert Ferguson - Hard for me to defend this cat, mostly because he was a PUKER, but he started to really come around last year and might (if Jaymar doesn't beat him out) be one of our prime WR's in multiple reciever sets this year.
    Take a look at his perfomances as he got more acclimated to the scheme.
    Some very nice catches as TJ got more comfortable with him last year and a tenasious blocker in support of the run.

Artis Hicks - I really despise this guy, but he does give you depth at almost every position on the line.
    Never gonna be a star but he does get some credit as a cheap serviceable bandaid during the installation of a very complex blocking scheme(s) that even our Pro-bowl center struggles with.

Long story short, this organization,
    especially after Foley was shitcanned and Spielman was brought in, has made some very sound personnel moves with very few that haven't/or won't eventually be with the squad for years to come based on what we've seen so far.

I wonder if there is a page out there that tracks that kindof stuff.
    I bet we would be rated pretty high over the last 3 years.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mountainviking" wrote:
    So...it sounds like he's going to get the pretrial diversion program.
    Which, if it goes through, will likely include some admission of guilt.
    But, Didn't the commish say he wouldn't hold prior offenses (before he started) against players?
    IF so, wouldn't that make this the only Fup McKinnie should be punished for?

I fully expected to know more about this issue by now.
    It sure would be nice to have Big Mac in there those first two weeks vs. Kampman and Freeney!!!
    I am not 100% sure how that works.
    If he is accepted into the pretrial diversion program, it leads to charges being dropped completely.
    The reason his court date was extended to September 24th was so both sides could work out the details.

I still think that a four game suspension is fair.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Looks like you're rigth Uffda.
    Both Kampman and Freeney are LDE.
    Guess I should have known...we did take a short look at Freeney after the Udeze news broke and before he resigned in TEN.
    Good thing we traded for Allen instead...looks like Kearse will be missing some time for DUI now...

I swear I read in one of the articles yesterday that there was a chance Mac wouldn't even get a suspension.
    Now I can't find which one...but I was thinking...

This latest incident marked the fourth time McKinnie has had legal issues since the Vikings took him in the first round of the 2002 draft.

In one case no charges were filed and in another misdemeanor charges were dropped. McKinnie did plead guilty in 2006 to misdemeanor disorderly conduct in connection with the 2005 boat incident involving Vikings players on Lake Minnetonka. He paid $2,000 in fines, performed 48 hours of community service and was fined one game check ($41,176) by the NFL.
    As far as I can tell, Goodell was named commish August of 2006.
    So, the question remains, how many of Big Mac's Big Fups will count against him?
    Some were before the commish came into office, and half were dropped by the courts.
    From what I see here, the only one should be the current one...SO, IF he gets his "pretrial diversion program," cleans up his act and jumps through all the hoops, and gets the charges dismissed, shouldn't he be cleared by the NFL too?

I'm not 100% on the rest of the story here, but don't all these instances involve him being drunk?
    Is alcohol and/or anger managment counseling where he's going...perhaps similar to Jared Allen?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=43976.msg784711#msg784711 date=1211904452]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43976.msg784705#msg784705 date=1211903950]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43976.msg783355#msg783355 date=1211629126]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=43976.msg783255#msg783255 date=1211596303]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=43976.msg783251#msg783251 date=1211595321]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=43976.msg782207#msg782207 date=1211392760]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=43976.msg782104#msg782104 date=1211376635]
    Is anybody else a little worried that Artie Hicks is filling in for McKinnie during OTAs? <shudder>
    I am, especially when you factor in the fact that I wanted this guy gone just as much as I want Sharper gone.
    LOL! Doesn't it make you shudder even more that they chose Hicks for that role instead of your boy Chad Johnson?

It certainly doesn't say much for how much they think of CJ.
    You mean Chase right?
    Yes, Dammit! I did it again.
    I knew who he meant.
    ;D

And no, It doesn't say anything as he is getting reps as well. My hope is that Artis will look like pooh and Chase (Chad) will get the gig over him and Artis will be given his walking papers.
    ;D
    [/quote]
    I hope Artis looks like a pro-bowler, I expect him to look like pooh. Big difference.
    [/quote]
    You know that is what I meant right?
    ;D

I am tired of him though.

[/quote]

So am I, but the problem is none of us have seen Chase Johnson play in a game. For you to assume that he will be better than Hicks, purely on a whim or wishful thinking without actually seeing him play, is nothing more than MarrdroVision.
    [/quote]
    Nope, not Whim or Wishfull thinking but rather logic that dictates that the coaching staff saw something they liked enough to keep him on the roster.

As with a guy like Cook, if the coaching staff like him, I like him.

By the way, none of us saw Cook, Griffin, McCauley, TJ, AD, Greenway etc etc etc play a snap in the NFL and yet they are starting. ;D
    [/quote]

Brooks Bollinger
    Ciatrick Fason
    Billy McMullen
    Troy Williamson
    Robert Ferguson
    Artis Hicks

these are guys the coaching staff thought enough of to take up a roster spot. the coaches are not always right. not just our coaches, but any coaching staff misses the boat on some players. not that chadchase can not be good, i hope he is, but just making the roster does not make him good.
    [/quote]
    Excellent point my friend, however, sometimes, based on talent available, you have to settle for a player instead of landing a top notch guy across the board, especially when you consider how much of the board was gutted.

Brooks Bollinger -
    This guy is on the current regime. Probably wouldn't have been around as long if there was a better option out there.

Billy McMullen - Wasn't brought in cause he was the greatest player in the world but rather for his understanding of the scheme.
    Considered a cheap bandaid fix so you can gut the team of players that don't fit the scheme.

Troy Williamson - On the last regime.
    Also some blame could be layed at the feet of this regime, but it is damn hard to give up on a number 7 overall pick especially when one considers that it takes at least 3 years for a WR to really start to produce.
    I would also throw E. James in this catagory.

Robert Ferguson - Hard for me to defend this cat, mostly because he was a PUKER, but he started to really come around last year and might (if Jaymar doesn't beat him out) be one of our prime WR's in multiple reciever sets this year.
    Take a look at his perfomances as he got more acclimated to the scheme.
    Some very nice catches as TJ got more comfortable with him last year and a tenasious blocker in support of the run.

Artis Hicks - I really despise this guy, but he does give you depth at almost every position on the line.
    Never gonna be a star but he does get some credit as a cheap serviceable bandaid during the installation of a very complex blocking scheme(s) that even our Pro-bowl center struggles with.

Long story short, this organization,
    especially after Foley was shitcanned and Spielman was brought in, has made some very sound personnel moves with very few that haven't/or won't eventually be with the squad for years to come based on what we've seen so far.

I wonder if there is a page out there that tracks that kindof stuff.
    I bet we would be rated pretty high over the last 3 years.
    :

[/quote]

I would correct that to say we did well with 2 initial signings in Hutch and Taylor, then went on a streak of misfires that have already been named and that this offseason the FO changed it's mindset and went aggressively after guys like Berrian and Allen, but I doubt they scored very high during last offseason and who they brought in. I like the new agression in going after players and hopefully they stay with that mindset and forget about that turd polisher once and for all. ;D

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:

Two points

First, Love your usage of the word, "Cats."

Second, Ciatrick Fason hasn't been on the team for a year or two, right? I could have sworn he wasn't on last season's roster.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Looks like you're rigth Uffda.
    Both Kampman and Freeney are LDE.

Guess I should have known...we did take a short look at Freeney after the Udeze news broke and before he resigned in TEN.
    Good thing we traded for Allen instead...looks like Kearse will be missing some time for DUI now...

I swear I read in one of the articles yesterday that there was a chance Mac wouldn't even get a suspension.
    Now I can't find which one...but I was thinking...

This latest incident marked the fourth time McKinnie has had legal issues since the Vikings took him in the first round of the 2002 draft.

In one case no charges were filed and in another misdemeanor charges were dropped. McKinnie did plead guilty in 2006 to misdemeanor disorderly conduct in connection with the 2005 boat incident involving Vikings players on Lake Minnetonka. He paid $2,000 in fines, performed 48 hours of community service and was fined one game check ($41,176) by the NFL.
    As far as I can tell, Goodell was named commish August of 2006.
    So, the question remains, how many of Big Mac's Big Fups will count against him?
    Some were before the commish came into office, and half were dropped by the courts.
    From what I see here, the only one should be the current one...SO, IF he gets his "pretrial diversion program," cleans up his act and jumps through all the hoops, and gets the charges dismissed, shouldn't he be cleared by the NFL too?

I'm not 100% on the rest of the story here, but don't all these instances involve him being drunk?
    Is alcohol and/or anger managment counseling where he's going...perhaps similar to Jared Allen?
    Actually,
    Kampman is the LDE. Freeney would line up at RDE against McKinney but like I said, I am not sure if he will be 100% rehabbed from the foot injury.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Two points

First, Love your usage of the word, "Cats."

Second, Ciatrick Fason hasn't been on the team for a year or two, right? I could have sworn he wasn't on last season's roster.
    I actually use it alot in real time Marrdro speak... ;D

You are correct,
    Fason was Vike in 2005 and 2006, was released in 2007 and was picked up by the Jags in 2008, thats why I had him as on the past regime.

Not sure if he is still with them or not though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]The McKinnie situation[/size]

June 24th, 2008 – 9:17 PM

by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie isn’t likely to get closure on his latest legal problems before the Vikings report to training camp on July 23 and his status with the NFL also remains in limbo....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678