Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Judge tosses boat-party charges against Culpepper

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "dmw14" wrote:
    Okay, so there wasn't enough to convict him, BUT...he was still there getting $#@! while his wife was at home. Look, the guy showed he's a dirtbag...no room for him on this ship!
    So its wrong to go hang out with your friends while the wife sits at home?
    When did jesus come and tap you on the head?
    He did not do anything, getting a lapdance is not crime in MN(yet, F*ckin christian freaks) He did nothing wrong, and why were the 2 white dudes not charged?
    I do think it had more to do with who they are rather than race but who knows? We are the most regressive state in the union now, anything can happen here.
    Did you just call Christians freaks?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Did you just call Christians freaks?
    I noticed that and I don't think that kind of remark has any place on this board!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

And for you, Daunte Culpepper, thank you for playing...we have some lovely parting gifts...namely the fact that the judge has cleared you of the charges...have a good life.

Of course, next season when we play the Dolphins, you will just be another opposing QB that our stud DL will grind into hamburger meat!!! :evil4: Don't worry, we don't want you hurt, just shut down for one game...you can have all of the rest of the season to take your division from the Patsies!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Exactly the only reason any of the charges where dropped is because they are famous and got good lawyers. Not to mention throwing the whole race card idea in peoples head a few weeks back. Anytime a black athlete is in trouble with the law its always allabout the race card. The fact is they guys broke the rules and they should be punished like everyone else. I am so sick of this black and white thing.
    You mean like all the other black athletes? Or like everybody else on the boat who got their freek on? Or society in general? If these guys weren't celebraties they never would have been charged in the first place.

I doubt race actually had anything to do with them getting charged. I also doubt that it had anything to do with the charges getting dropped. It was a weak case from the beginning.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "dmw14" wrote:
    Okay, so there wasn't enough to convict him, BUT...he was still there getting $#@! while his wife was at home. Look, the guy showed he's a dirtbag...no room for him on this ship!
    So its wrong to go hang out with your friends while the wife sits at home?
    When did jesus come and tap you on the head?
    He did not do anything, getting a lapdance is not crime in MN(yet, F*ckin christian freaks) He did nothing wrong, and why were the 2 white dudes not charged?
    I do think it had more to do with who they are rather than race but who knows? We are the most regressive state in the union now, anything can happen here.
    WTF dude? First, don't turn this into your personal problem with Christianity. Grow up and keep your insults off the forum. Second, calling Minnesota the most regressive state in the union shows that you haven't been outside the state much. Minnesota is still pretty liberal by most standards.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

How the heck do you brink religion into this, there was a crime comitted, otherwise they would not have done what they did to prosecute.

Thanks PurpleMafia

Del Rio Guest

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Exactly the only reason any of the charges where dropped is because they are famous and got good lawyers. Not to mention throwing the whole race card idea in peoples head a few weeks back. Anytime a black athlete is in trouble with the law its always allabout the race card. The fact is they guys broke the rules and they should be punished like everyone else. I am so sick of this black and white thing.
    You mean like all the other black athletes? Or like everybody else on the boat who got their freek on? Or society in general? If these guys weren't celebraties they never would have been charged in the first place.

I doubt race actually had anything to do with them getting charged. I also doubt that it had anything to do with the charges getting dropped. It was a weak case from the beginning.
    I imagine they would have been charged regardless of standing in society. That kind of shit being done in front of 18yr olds that are very uncomfortable with it doesn't fly. Their unease with the situation is what brought this all out. Of course they get overlooked cause someone is saying meanie head things to our favorite players........but like I said at the time if that was my daughter I would be fooking irate.

That being said I believe there would have been charges regardless. The two things I think that would not of happened are:

A) You wouldn't have heard about it
    B) They wouldn't have gotten off of the charges they would have had to pay that wopping 1000$ fine.

Del Rio Guest

Now the question is can or will any of the staff try and sue the players for exposing them to this.

If that happens then I would be suspicious of the intentions.

Prophet Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I am mentally challenged, please ignore my comments on the issue.
    Ok, sorry to hear that.

modena11 is offline Rookie

not surprised and good for daunte.

people who think that this stuff doesnt happen on a regular basis are being foolish. it just never gets caught. the vikings were stupid and got caught. end of story.

now smoot and mckinnie hopefully can follow suit and get back to football.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast