Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Judge tosses boat-party charges against Culpepper

Judge tosses boat-party charges against Culpepper
    Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Quarterback Daunte Culpepper was cleared Tuesday of misdemeanor charges stemming from a boat-party sex scandal.

A Hennepin County judge ruled there wasn't probable cause to determine a crime was committed by Culpepper, one of four Minnesota Vikings accused of misdemeanor lewd conduct during the cruise last fall on a suburban lake. Culpepper has since been traded to the Miami Dolphins.

Judge Kevin Burke denied a motion to dismiss charges against running back Moe Williams.

The other two players charged, cornerback Fred Smoot and tackle Bryant McKinnie, weren't part of Tuesday's ruling. Their next hearings were scheduled for Thursday.
    ===============================================
    So, if you're accused of gettin' a lap dance from some broad, just say youse was shootin' dice! :lol:
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Re: Judge tosses boat-party charges against Culpepper

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Its sick a person can use the racial card still these days and get off of a obvious altercation.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/350148.html

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    I just threw up in my mouth a little. Its sick a person can use the racial card still these days and get off of a obvious altercation.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/350148.html
    It wasn't the racial card that got him cleared of the charges. it was lack of evidence. Moe Williams was not cleared of any charges, even though he also alleged that race was a factor in the charges...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Thats what they claim. I think its pretty obvious that was the case however.Moe Williams is a nobody, of course they will stay after him, Cullpepper however has to many high profile friends, and alot more money to pursue the racial card.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Thats what they claim. I think its pretty obvious that was the case however.Moe Williams is a nobody, of course they will stay after him, Cullpepper however has to many high profile friends, and alot more money to pursue the racial card.
    From where are you getting this insight?

The article you linked clearly states to the contrary:

"Burke declined to rule on earlier defense contentions that Culpepper was prosecuted because they are black, calling that issue "moot" because he ruled on the strength of the evidence against the two."

Furthermore, if the different rulings for Culpepper and Williams are due to the notion that "Williams is a nobody" as you say, then this would be an issue of celebrity status and not race.

I think it's you, purpleFavreEaters, who is playing the race card.

Prophet Guest

LOVE BOAT CASE AGAINST CULPEPPER THROWN OVERBOARD
    Mike Florio

A Minnesota judge has pitched the criminal charges pending against former Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper. Culpepper had been facing three misdemeanor counts arising from his alleged cavorting with a stripper on a boat last October.

Per the KARE-TV and the AP, the judge ruled that there was no probable cause to believe that Culpepper had committed a crime. Culpepper's lawyers also had moved to dismiss the charges based on allegations of racial bias, since two white men who admitted to engaging in the behavior for which Culpepper was charged had faced no scrutiny. Today's ruling apparently does not address that issue. Running back Moe Williams has offered up a similar argument, and the charges against him are still pending.

Also charged are cornerback Fred Smoot and tackle Bryant McKinnie, who based on the criminal complaints allegedly engaged in far more, ahem, colorful conduct that Culpepper and Williams. Their cases are also unaffected by the ruling.

Culpepper recently testified that he was shooting craps on the cruise, and that he declined the opportunity to receive a lap dance. It remains to be seen whether he'll now face scrutiny for admitting to engaging in illegal gambling.

The Vikings traded Culpepper to Miami last month for a second-round pick in the April 29 draft.

FinNasty23 is offline Rookie

Sweet... I just saw this on ESPNNews... Now he can just soley focus on his rehab...

BirdHunter is offline Starter

Cullpepper is a Douche bag, if his defense was that he was throwing dice the whole time of the cruise, then why did he wait to use that for an excuse until a couple of weeks ago? If that is what happened he should of said something right away. I beleive that he was just as invloved as Moe, but probably had a better lawyer.
    [size=10pt]

Friendship is like pissing your pants...
    Everyone can see it,
    But only you can feel its true warmth!!!
    [/size]

dmw14 is offline Training Camp

Okay, so there wasn't enough to convict him, BUT...he was still there getting $#@! while his wife was at home. Look, the guy showed he's a dirtbag...no room for him on this ship!

FinNasty23 is offline Rookie

"BirdHunter" wrote:
    Cullpepper is a Douche bag, if his defense was that he was throwing dice the whole time of the cruise, then why did he wait to use that for an excuse until a couple of weeks ago? If that is what happened he should of said something right away. I beleive that he was just as invloved as Moe, but probably had a better lawyer.
    He is a douchebag because he hired a good lawyer and got out of the charges? I say good for him...

The chargers were bs anyway and they wouldnt had been charged if they wernt celebrities in the first place...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast