Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Judge: Stringer lawsuit can proceed

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/975321.html

I understand that the death of Korey was tragic and in no doubt hard on her. But what is she still hoping to gain at this point? Let it go alrady and move on.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Judge: Stringer lawsuit can proceed

Vindictive gold digging B%#%ch!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Lawsuit over death of Vikings OL can proceed[/size]

Vikings lineman died from heatstroke during practice in 2001

Updated: 45 minutes ago

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Apparently she didn't get enough money from the out-of-court settlement against the doctor who treated Korey.
    What a b1tch.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

OMG lady he PLAYED football. He could have gotten killed play the game he loved. I'm sorry for your loss, but come on enough is enough. The Vikings did not WANT to KILL your husband. Believe me the Vikings were hurt as well in the deal.

Let it GO I understand but it's time to move on!!!!!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Korey Stringer's Wife Will Fight the Good Fight
    Posted Feb 1st 2007 10:34PM by mjd

[img width=182 height=250]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.aolsportsblog.com/media/2007/02/korey-stringer-180.jpg[/img]
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

I say sue away!

Sue the NFL and the companies that provide equipment because I agree it is dangerous in many instances. Then again the helmet has changed a lot over the last five years so you may have a hard time prooving that.

Newer helmets are better ventalated and better fitting.

However at the end of the day this company (NFL) is one of the most successful buisiness in all of sports you need to get your employees the best of the best. Develop helmets that breath and are durable, invest in the health and saftey of your people.

I say sue the shit out of em.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Del, if I thought for a second that she was suing because she gave a crap about the standard of equipment used by the NFL, then I would agree with you.

But she first tried to sue the Vikings because she said that they wre responsible for Korey's death.
    (Case dismissed by a lower court and uphelp in the Minnesota Supreme Court)

Then she sued the doctor who treated him because she said he was responsible for Korey's death (although for a completely different reason). (Case settled out of court, like gol 'darnit near all malpractice suits are, regardless of guilt).

Now she is suing the NFL and the helmet manufacture because now she says... wait for it... that they are responsible for Korey's death.
    And guess what, the reasons that she holds them responsible have nothing to do with the reasons she tried to hold the Vikings or the unfortunate doctor responsible.

If this one doesn't work out for her she will probably try to sue God himself for making the day too hot.
    Or the state of Minnesota for not using taxpayer money to build an indoor training camp in Mankato (it was on university grounds after all...)
    Or the NCAA for promoting a sport in college that could potentially be fatal at the pro level.
    :

IMHO she doesn't give a pooh about the other players or their conditions.
    She just wants a lunch ticket.
    It is a shame that a player who was so beloved by the people of Minnesota is getting used this way years after his tragic death.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Del, if I thought for a second that she was suing because she gave a crap about the standard of equipment used by the NFL, then I would agree with you.

But she first tried to sue the Vikings because she said that they wre responsible for Korey's death.

Then she sued the doctor who treated him because she said he was responsible for Korey's death (although for a completely different reason). (Case settled out of court, like gol 'darnit near all malpractice suits are, regardless of guilt).

Now she is suing the NFL and the helmet manufacture because now she says... wait for it... that they are responsible for Korey's death.
    And guess what, the reasons that she holds them responsible have nothing to do with the reasons she tried to hold the Vikings or the unfortunate doctor responsible.

If this one doesn't work out for her she will probably try to sue God himself for making the day too hot.
    Or the state of Minnesota for not using taxpayer money to build an indoor training camp in Mankato (it was on university grounds after all...)
    Or the NCAA for promoting a sport in college that could potentially be fatal at the pro level.

:

It is a shame that a player who was so beloved by the people of Minnesota is getting used this way years after his tragic death.
    I could really give a shit why she does it if it in someway prevents it from happening to someone else.

It has already changed the way practices have been held and if she can get the equipment to change then I am all for it. I am not god, I do not know her intentions or why she is doing it, you all assume it is the money, I am not. I am simply looking at the lawsuits and the change that is coming from them.

If she is on a mission to change the way things are done (and she has already to a certain extent) then I am all for it. It takes tragedy to knock a powerhouse like the NFL down a few rungs and she has the opportunity to do so and IMO should especially wheh it could improve the quality of saftey for everyone.

I'm not about to sit here and place a dollar ammount on her husband. If she is out for change then I say go for it.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

:

I have to agree there. When does it stop? Not sying it was not tragic but let it end for the families sake. Stop dragging this on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast