Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Josh Gordon to the Vikings?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    a big receiver with that kind of speed ... probably worth the risk ... 6'4 and 4.3 speed and soft hands and makes something out of nothing .... say no more.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Kind of surprising a program would drop a player of that caliber. He was stupid enough to fail a drug test after he had already had an arrest for drug possession. This could go either way. Hopefully the kid realizes how much this has screwed up his life and is serious about turning thing around. Like to see people make good with second chances.

Ultimate Texans Former Baylor WR Josh Gordon hopes to leave his past behind him

They (scouts) want to know what kind of character guy I am, he said. They want to know if I can be trusted. They want to know if Im going to be a guy that always has off-the-field issues. I want to make it clear Im not going to be that guy.

I know how much heartache it caused my family, how much strain it put on me and my family. I dont plan to ever go back there again.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    a big receiver with that kind of speed ... probably worth the risk ... 6'4 and 4.3 speed and soft hands and makes something out of nothing .... say no more.
    His Pro Day workout numbers had him at 4.52/4.55 depending on which time you consider offiical. His height was 6'3 1/8 and 224lbs. Apparently he caught everything thrown his way. Puts him in more of the Sydney Rice category, which isn't bad.

He pulled his quad on his second 40 attempt, so didn't finish the rest of the drills.

Not a freakish athlete by any means, but he is the prototypical WR teams are looking for. Good size and good hands.

Someone will give him a chance, if he keeps his head into it, he might just have a good career. I do see a fair amount of risk with this guy though.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    His Pro Day workout numbers had him at 4.52/4.55 depending on which time you consider offiical. His height was 6'3 1/8 and 224lbs. Apparently he caught everything thrown his way. Puts him in more of the Sydney Rice category, which isn't bad.

He pulled his quad on his second 40 attempt, so didn't finish the rest of the drills.
    Definitely sounds like Sidney Rice.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Browns got him .... did we even try ???

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    Browns got him .... did we even try ???
    We didn't really have a chance to. The way the supplemental pick works is a team can select a player each round - but they forfeit their corresponding pick in the next draft. So if a team took a player in the first round of the 2012 supplemental draft, they forfeit their first round pick in the 2013 draft.

The Browns got the second overall pick. The Vikings got the sixth. Nobody took him (or anyone else) in the first round, and the Browns beat us to him in the second round.

The only way we could have gotten him would be to use our first round pick, and he wasn't worth that. Even second might have been high. I would have snatched him up in the third though.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    We didn't really have a chance to. The way the supplemental pick works is a team can select a player each round - but they forfeit their corresponding pick in the next draft. So if a team took a player in the first round of the 2012 supplemental draft, they forfeit their first round pick in the 2013 draft.

The Browns got the second overall pick. The Vikings got the sixth. Nobody took him (or anyone else) in the first round, and the Browns beat us to him in the second round.

The only way we could have gotten him would be to use our first round pick, and he wasn't worth that. Even second might have been high. I would have snatched him up in the third though.
    Makes sense. Would have been nice to take a chance in the third perhaps.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Question....would you take him over Ashlon Jefferies? Caue he was a 2nd round pick. My guess i no.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

The only way we could have gotten him would be to use our first round pick, and he wasn't worth that.
    Agreed. He definitely wasn't worth the #4 pick overall.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast