Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vikingo View Post
    Your clearly underating the idiocy of our GM and FO.
    I honestly don't see any way you could possibly underrate their idiocy at this point.

Blog Entries
    So, any takers on when the excitement turns to excrement?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So, any takers on when the excitement turns to excrement?
    You still fail to tell me what about his game you hate. Will he go on a Peyton run? Probably not. However, I'm glad we are atleast doing something. Ponder is not the answer. It's been proven. We now have two QBs that are better than game managers. Lets see where they take us. The fact remains we don't have the time to waste developing another QB on the fly. We can draft a guy and groom him. Even though the guy is 25.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    You still fail to tell me what about his game you hate. Will he go on a Peyton run? Probably not. However, I'm glad we are atleast doing something. Ponder is not the answer. It's been proven. We now have two QBs that are better than game managers. Lets see where they take us. The fact remains we don't have the time to waste developing another QB on the fly. We can draft a guy and groom him. Even though the guy is 25.
    Exactly.. we don't have time. This deal with Freeman is for a starting quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings, and it;s Freeman. This deal cements the Vikings and Speilman in a corner that has only one possible outcome. Freeman will be the starter and it won't be any longer than one week out from Sunday. A GM can't bring in a guy like Freeman, pay him more money in salary for this season than both Ponder and Cassel make and have him sit on the bench. There is no competition here. Speilman pulled the trigger on this and if Freeman is not his man he would have never done it in the first place. You'd have to be a moron to bring in Freeman thinking this is some sort of competition. You've just pissed off your number one and two qb's by the deal, and made a real mess if you don't play Freeman quickly. Imagine if Freeman does not get on the field with his salary. The media will destroy him.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Frazier came out and said that if Ponder is healthy on Sunday he is our starter, if not Cassel will get his second start. Is that some sort of smoke screen that sneaky old Frazier thinks he can get away with?

This signing means to me that Ponder is headed to the IR and the staff don't seem to believe in Cassel. So what does this staff do when Cassel lights up the Panthers this Sunday?

My guess is that this little quarterback thing will cause Ziggy to gut the staff at the end of the year.

So who will be our next GM and Coach next season?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Cassell $3.7M, Freeman $3.0M, Ponder $2.7M cap hits for this year. Money won't determine who plays.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post

I told you. I don't like his footwork and i don't like his mechanics. he doesn't follow through on his throws and I also don't like what I see from the way he went about his business for his years in Tampa. If you don't put in the time and if you take a bad attitude and quit on your team then that is not the kind of guy I want to bring in and kick the tires on. The fact that the players came out and said they would rather have Glennon because he was putting in the time in the meeting room certainly doesn't do much for my confidence that he will come in, crash the books, and learn the offense right away.

Look, had they done this in the off season and had him in camp, preseason etc and gave him a chance to compete openly for the job I would have been all for it. But for the FO to tell us they had the right guys when we knew they were questionable at best and then sitting through preseason and the whole watch the tape, fix some things while sitting ponder like he was Manning only to go through the whole watch the tape, fix some things for the first 1/4 of the season only to blow it all up and bring in a guy who is not proven to be better than the backup you have and risk splitting the locker room I just find it impossible to see anything positive.

At best he comes in, plays half decent and they think they have the next Montana and we don't draft a QB in the next draft only to find out he isn't the answer either in 2 years and be back to this point again. At worst he comes in, stinks it up and the team self destructs at a time we should be building on a 10-6 record and a playoff berth.

Other than that it's all good.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Matt Cassel is making 3.7 million(and 3.7 million next year if both sides agree).
    Josh Freeman is making 3.0 million
    Ponder is making 2.7 million(and 3.2 million next year is all guaranteed)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Frazier came out and said that if Ponder is healthy on Sunday he is our starter, if not Cassel will get his second start. Is that some sort of smoke screen that sneaky old Frazier thinks he can get away with?
    Pretty much everyone knows Ponder isn't starting. He just hasn't been informed he's "not healthy" yet.

The Panthers will prepare for Cassel. No preparation is required for Ponder anyways.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Since I've been so negative, I'm going to try this "glass is half full" thing.

I am glad the coach and GM have discovered Ponder just isn't working out, though they are staying very PC on how they discuss him. But reaching for Freeman tells us far more than anything they will say in front of the microphone.

The Freeman contract also says they have very little confidence in Cassel, which I also agree with. Yes, I've been pounding the Cassel drum, but only because we were comparing him to Ponder. If we are going to throw the season to a "let's see if this guy has the stuff", the more upside is with Freeman, and he should get the remainder of the season to make it or break it.

But what if he is just "ok"? I have no confidence the staff has the ability to see the end of the road when it comes to QBs.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast