Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84
  1. #51
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    He's only six months older than Ponder, and has a lot more arm talent. He's young enough to fix his footwork, provided we have the staff capable of working on that stuff.

  2. #52
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,460
    From what i read there was a personality problem between Freeman and the Buc's coach which may have accounted for much of his attitude problems. At the same time the failure of our QB's of late may not lie with the QB's but rather the game planning and coaching. Its hard to tell if the game calling is because Ponder just sucked or whether Ponder sucked because of the game planning. Or maybe they both just suck. LOL

    WWBGD

  3. #53
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    From what i read there was a personality problem between Freeman and the Buc's coach which may have accounted for much of his attitude problems. At the same time the failure of our QB's of late may not lie with the QB's but rather the game planning and coaching. Its hard to tell if the game calling is because Ponder just sucked or whether Ponder sucked because of the game planning. Or maybe they both just suck. LOL
    Some are talking in here as if they are going to teach this kid the offense and MAYBE give him a shot. Now let's look at this deal. It's a one year deal. Do you really think they are going to give Josh 3 million to sit and learn an offense when he will be a free agent after the season? Wake up kids. I would not be too surprised if you see Freeman starting on Sunday. It's the reason he only would do a one year deal. He has already been given the starter slot based on his contract, the length of it, and the logic of it. No GM is going to go out and take a teams starter, pay him 3 million, and then let him sit on the bench and learn while the clock is ticking to his free agency. Get used to the new starting quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday , Josh Freeman.

  4. #54
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    I think they want him to get a few weeks to learn a whole new offense before throwing him out there. If he's much better than Cassel or Ponder in practice, that might be telling for the front office as well.

  5. #55
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Some are talking in here as if they are going to teach this kid the offense and MAYBE give him a shot. Now let's look at this deal. It's a one year deal. Do you really think they are going to give Josh 3 million to sit and learn an offense when he will be a free agent after the season? Wake up kids. I would not be too surprised if you see Freeman starting on Sunday. It's the reason he only would do a one year deal. He has already been given the starter slot based on his contract, the length of it, and the logic of it. No GM is going to go out and take a teams starter, pay him 3 million, and then let him sit on the bench and learn while the clock is ticking to his free agency. Get used to the new starting quarterback of the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday , Josh Freeman.
    Your clearly underating the idiocy of our GM and FO.
    El underdog.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reinholds,Pa
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Did I mention he's lead the league in picks since 2011 with 42, ugh!
    really he beat Sanchez
    ?
    None

  7. #57
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I have huge issues with this and I would take Cassell over this kid all day.

    Lets check his record.
    1 - Never won in high school
    2 - Majority of his wins in college was 1AA teams. Lost every game his final year to Division 1 teams ( i think)
    3 - Had 1 good season where his teams played a bunch of nobodies.
    4 - Had this season to forget
    5 - Will not start as it takes time to get fully up to speed with a playbook.
    6 - Whats the point of the 1 year deal?
    C'mon ... are you just making up the college stuff?

    As a Freshman ... he beat No. 4 Texas. As a Sophomore he beat No. 7 Texas on the road.

    Was he great in college ... nope. But he beat more than 1AA teams and they certainly were not a "majority" of his wins.

    He definitely had his best year in the NFL against one of the worst schedules in recent memory.

    But it does not hurt. I think I might like Cassel better ... but Freeman oozes talent ... so a shot in the dark.

    If it does not pay off ... does not really hurt any.

  8. #58
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Did I mention he's lead the league in picks since 2011 with 42, ugh!
    Eli Manning has 43 in that time. Mark Sanchez has 36 and would easily be in the running if he had been allowed to take a 6 snaps this season. Shockingly ... Drew Brees has 38 in that time. 40 for Rivers and 39 for Fitzpatrick.

    Just some fun numbers. But I knew Eli had at least 43 ... actually thought he had more.

  9. #59
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    C'mon ... are you just making up the college stuff?

    As a Freshman ... he beat No. 4 Texas. As a Sophomore he beat No. 7 Texas on the road.

    Was he great in college ... nope. But he beat more than 1AA teams and they certainly were not a "majority" of his wins.

    He definitely had his best year in the NFL against one of the worst schedules in recent memory.

    But it does not hurt. I think I might like Cassel better ... but Freeman oozes talent ... so a shot in the dark.

    If it does not pay off ... does not really hurt any.
    I'm not upset about it.. but the keywords were "His last season in college"
    2008 Kansas State Wildcats football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    They beat Texas Am when they were average. All his other wins his last year were against nobodies.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 10-07-2013 at 05:51 PM.

  10. #60
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    You disagreed with me because he beat Texas twice (good teams) and the likes of Baylor (when they were terrible) and Colorado.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •