Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Freeman

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    He is not the answer to the Vikings' quarterback woes so they should pass. However, I do think that most of Freeman's troubles in Tampa are the result of Schiano disliking him for not being a "Schiano Man". He wasn't Schiano's boy a nd he wanted him gone, so now he's gone. Schiano might be next....

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    Absolutely! I think if he can be brought in on the cheap to see what he has, you really have no choice if you're the Vikings. If you only consider the standpoint of what his arrival would do to Ponder's psyche, you MUST bring Freeman in for a look. The message that you're sending to Ponder would be we expect MUCH better from you and if you don't pick up your play you may not be here much longer.

Ultimately, I do wonder about Freeman's attitude but if he can be signed cheaply than if I am an NFL with a question mark at QB, I really must roll the dice to see if Freeman is sign with my organization. I also don't have much confidence that Freeman is the guy to turn the Vikings around either.

At the end of the day, Ponder is now in his 3rd year in the NFL. The Vikings' situation at QB is fluid to put it mildly. Bring Freeman in and see what he's got.
    Want to let Ponder know his ass is on the line? Start Cassel when Ponder is deemed healthy.

THAT will send the same message, is incredibly cheaper, and doesn't saddle us with another potential problem for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    He is not the answer to the Vikings' quarterback woes so they should pass. However, I do think that most of Freeman's troubles in Tampa are the result of Schiano disliking him for not being a "Schiano Man". He wasn't Schiano's boy a nd he wanted him gone, so now he's gone. Schiano might be next....
    The dude was late for team meetings and was a no show for the frikkin team photo! If that is how he reacts when he doesn't get along with the coach, how many Vikings players do you think want him to be their leader? No one wants to look up to a quitter.

Sorry for the 2 posts in a row, I don't know how to put 2 quotes into one post. =/

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Josh Freeman

No

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Freeman narrows down to three options. Vikings pushing hard for him.

Josh Freeman decision nearing as ex-Bucs QB narrows suitors to three - CBSSports.com

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Oakland will get him, they love QBs

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Josh Freeman

Sure why not. Cut Ponder and he can be Cassels backup.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Josh Freeman

I would rather put Webb back at QB.

Well, looks like it doesn't matter now. When I heard he was released, I started this thread because I thought that he is EXACTLY the kind of demented chance our beloved team would take. Looks like I was right.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Just another stupid move. Unreal.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast