Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Join Brad Childress for an Evening of Poetry

Posted Apr 17th 2007 8:43PM
    by mjd

Vikings head coach Brad Childress doesn't look like a guy who reads poetry for fun. He looks more like a guy who watches game film for fun, or blasts his face repeatedly into a concrete tackling dummy.

But if you're looking for him at noon on Thursday, you can find him at the Minneapolis Central Library, reading Will Allen Dromgoole's The Bridge Builder. Childress is taking party in the Minneapolis Public Library's Favorite Poem Celebrity Reading Program, or as I call it, the MPLFPCRP (pronounced "mipplefupkirk")....
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Join Brad Childress for an Evening of Poetry

My boy B-chill can't catch a break.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

No doubt, he goes to read poetry to the children and he gets ripped on.
    Funny anyway.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The first poem was good,
    Did you read the one in the comments section?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    Posted Apr 17th 2007 8:43PM
    by mjd

Vikings head coach Brad Childress doesn't look like a guy who reads poetry for fun. He looks more like a guy who watches game film for fun, or blasts his face repeatedly into a concrete tackling dummy.

But if you're looking for him at noon on Thursday, you can find him at the Minneapolis Central Library, reading Will Allen Dromgoole's The Bridge Builder. Childress is taking party in the Minneapolis Public Library's Favorite Poem Celebrity Reading Program, or as I call it, the MPLFPCRP (pronounced "mipplefupkirk")....
    When I read the title I thought this was from the ONION for sure. (sigh)

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]COACH CHILDRESS IN THE COMMUNITY[/size]

APRIL 23, 2007

Author: Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

On Thursday, Vikings Head Coach Brad Childress stepped aside from studying the 2007 NFL Draft and reached out to the community. From noon to 1:00, Childress was joined by other local celebrities, including WCCO Evening News Anchor Amilia Santaniello and Minnesota Teacher of the Year Lee Ann Stephens, for the Minneapolis Pubic Library's Favorite Poem Reading program in recognition of National Poetry Month.

Childress read the poem Bridge Builder and explained the significance the poem had to him, especially growing up.

"Bridge Builder has particular significance to me, just from the standpoint that through my youth and my adolescence, it wasn't easy," Childress shared with the audience before reciting the poem. "I needed help getting through and I think probably all of us here past the adolescent age understand that somewhere, somebody helped you. Whether it was mom, dad, sister, brother, teacher, coach or friend, somebody got you through your tougher times when maybe you tottered and maybe you could've gone the wrong way and you needed some advice. The Bridge Builder was first introduced to me by my high school football coach and he had it memorized."

Other celebrities who participated in the program were Ta-coumba Aiken, Nate Duncan, Kerri Miller, Scott Seekins and Andrew Zimmern.

Earlier on Thursday, Childress personally donated $5,000 worth of Reebok products to the Salvation Army. Personnel from The Salvation Army Harbor Light Center helped load The Salvation Army truck along with Childress in the Winter Park parking lot.

"We are grateful for the gift Coach Childress has given us," said Major Paul Fleeman,
    Salvation Army Twin Cities Commander. "His generosity will help us provide hope and healing to the 200,000 Twin Cities residents we serve every year."

The Salvation Army is a safety net for people with nowhere left to turn. In the Twin Cities, The Salvation Army serves 1,200 hot meals every day and houses more than 800 people every night.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder how long it will take for the people to fall asleep while he's reading.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I wonder how long it will take for the people to fall asleep while he's reading.
    4.38 seconds ;D

Thanks josdin00

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

is it a crime to write poems??? I say aww hell no cuz I write pieces of that nature and honestly it is a positive,creative outlet.

MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"tb04512" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    4.38 seconds ;D
    ill give em deion sanders speed more like 4.11 seconds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast