Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Johnson will start again for now - Childress' patience wearing thin

"Del" wrote:
    "I think you judge quarterbacks a little bit differently...When you see what you want at the quarterback position, you need to go get it. And that's exactly what I see with Tarvaris Jackson is a guy that's a piece of clay, that has all the skills in terms of, No. 1, what's he look like throwing the football?...He's got a great throwing motion; he's athletic. He has all those things that we're looking for, and he's wired right. That's important for a quarterback. I think he's a flatline guy. I think he's a sponge. You're talking about a guy that never had a coach there as a quarterback coach"

I have a feeling we won't be going after a pricey FA QB, I think Childress plans on Tarvaris IMO!
    And like any piece of clay, it takes time to mold it, shape it & sculpt it into the piece you expect it to be.

The benefit I see here is his lack of quality coaching. Unlike a FA that is used to a system already, Tavarius is still green & doesn't have to be "de-programmed" fom another pro system to learn something new.

He's green, he's learning it Childress' way from day one & like you say, he's a sponge. He's eager & willing to learn & just as important, knows he has to & has the patience to wait, until Childress thinks he's ready.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Hey all, I'm not sure about any of you at this point but I'm thinking the Vikes aren't really going anywhere this season.
    Therefore why not give TJack some playing time?
    I'm not putting don Johnson in any way and I'm not blaming him for any of the losses.
    Thos of you that know me, Know I have backed BJ from the beginning.
    I'm just saying get the young man some experience so he may be ready to go full force next year.

What do you think?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    Hey all, I'm not sure about any of you at this point but I'm thinking the Vikes aren't really going anywhere this season.
    Therefore why not give TJack some playing time?
    I'm not putting don Johnson in any way and I'm not blaming him for any of the losses.
    Thos of you that know me, Know I have backed BJ from the beginning.
    I'm just saying get the young man some experience so he may be ready to go full force next year.

What do you think?
    An excerpt from another thread:

Post-Daunte Saga
    the Interim Brad Johnson Era
    Daunte left.
    The Vikings had the option to trade up for one of the ‘big three’ QBs in the draft or to sit tight and start to build up the new team.
    The Vikings strengthened other positions during free agency and the draft and are counting on Brad Johnson to help in the conversion of a new offense while the theoretical new quarterback of the future, Tarvaris Jackson, is groomed. If you want to delve into the ‘start Tarvaris’ sect I beg you to at least read this thread in its entirety before going off on some nonsensical tangent.
    In that same thread, there is another post by Caine that should be required reading at this juncture of the season.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789