Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Gift is offline Coordinator

Re: Johnson will start again for now - Childress' patience wearing thin

"Del" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    First INT was NOT really his fault...Mewelde was held and there was no call.

Second INT was thrown into open space and the DB made a great scoop off of the carpet.

Third INT was the lone pass that was really stupid...and by then the refs had already decided the game's outcome.

That said, Brad won't have another game like this one again this year.
    Oh come on!!! he over threw MM, it was his fault.
    You cant complain about the officials on that one.
    He over threw it by 5 yards.
    He made dumb choices.
    Be a smart fan, dont blame the refs.
    That was an obvious hold by the LB. No pooh he over threw him LMAO because he wasn't where he was supposed to be because Bruschi was holding him. It's right there plain as day. He played a bad game no doubt made some horrible decisions but I agree with Cajun on that one.
    It was still a bad pass.
    When the running back is going up the middle before breaking to his route you can't rely on timing, too many variables once you hit the line.
    A QB like johnson should know this.
    Hold or no hold, it was a bad pass to make in the redzone.
    What do you mean you can't rely on timing? He was in his route and the hold didnt even take place until the ball was in the air. He could have hit him withing three yards but when the ball is let go it's hands off no matter what.
    You may be right, I dont have a reply to watch but..
    It looked to me at the time that BJ blindly threw it out there assuming memo would be there.
    Regardless, it was a high lofty dump pass, not the kinda thing you want in the redzone.
    I'm not here to bash BJ, but i will call them as I see them & I saw a very poor pass.

EDIT -
    & of course there was a hold, not saying there wasnt.
    But when you go into that line pooh happens, and as a vikes fan I know you cant rely on the refs, ever.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Del Rio Guest

"Gift" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=28755.msg492185#msg492185 date=1162391333]

Second INT was thrown into open space and the DB made a great scoop off of the carpet.

Third INT was the lone pass that was really stupid...and by then the refs had already decided the game's outcome.

Oh come on!!! he over threw MM, it was his fault.
    You cant complain about the officials on that one.
    He over threw it by 5 yards.
    He made dumb choices.
    Be a smart fan, dont blame the refs.
    That was an obvious hold by the LB. No pooh he over threw him LMAO because he wasn't where he was supposed to be because Bruschi was holding him. It's right there plain as day. He played a bad game no doubt made some horrible decisions but I agree with Cajun on that one.
    It was still a bad pass.
    When the running back is going up the middle before breaking to his route you can't rely on timing, too many variables once you hit the line.
    A QB like johnson should know this.
    Hold or no hold, it was a bad pass to make in the redzone.
    What do you mean you can't rely on timing? He was in his route and the hold didnt even take place until the ball was in the air. He could have hit him withing three yards but when the ball is let go it's hands off no matter what.
    You may be right, I dont have a reply to watch but..
    It looked to me at the time that BJ blindly threw it out there assuming memo would be there.
    Regardless, it was a high lofty dump pass, not the kinda thing you want in the redzone.
    I'm not here to bash BJ, but i will call them as I see them & I saw a very poor pass.

EDIT -
    & of course there was a hold, not saying there wasnt.
    But when you go into that line pooh happens, and as a vikes fan I know you cant rely on the refs, ever.
    [/quote]

I'm not arguing with you but to me if Brad Johnson threw a timing route to the RB inside the 10 isn't that on coaching? This isn't Peyton Manning here, of course this is a stretch because we have no idea what the play was or who was supposed to be where. It was a bad play. I personally can't pin it on Johnson. The other passes specifically the one where he was under pressure and threw a duck deep into enemy territory was HORRIBLE.

That's just me though, and again it's all just speculation.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

well he sure didnt make a case for himself to get a raise. and maybe thats why the organization waited. lets wait and see if he can hold up for a season and play like he did last year. they made the mistake with culpepper, now they want to be sure.

to be fair, the WRs dropping balls on him are getting old, maybe starting to make Brad think he needs to make a play, and turn away from his "play it safe" and "make the right decision". ultematly hurting the team.

aceclown is offline Coach

Johnson is a washed up wannabe field general who cant throw the ball over 40 yards anymore and likes throwing welll-covered 4 yard check downs on 3rd and long.
    I am really starting to despise this guy.

Chuch.

Del Rio Guest

"aceclown" wrote:
    Johnson is a washed up wannabe field general who cant throw the ball over 40 yards anymore and likes throwing welll-covered 4 yard check downs on 3rd and long.
    I am sure he loses mounds of sleep over that. ;D

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingFanEric" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

I agree the first one there was nothing he could do about it.
    Moore, the intended target, was held.

Second one was a bad decision to heave it there, but like Cajun said, a great scoop by the DB.

And of course the third was just plain awful.
    I don't expect Johnson to have any more games like that, at least he better not or there will be trouble.
    IF you watch the reaplay of the second interception you will notice that it is kind of brads fault he had to make a split second decision and he made the wriong one.

Allow me to explain: On the play the patriot had a safety over the top and a corner covering the reciever.Our reciever ran past the corner and was in between the corner and safety on the right side of the field ( i should say he was relativly wide open) brad saw this and tried to get it to him but while he was winding up to throw it he saw a pass rusher right behind him.The problem he faced was if he extended his arm all the way the d-lineman probably would have hit the arm and caused a fumble so brad without extending his arm basicly "shotputted" the ball.Thats why the ball was underthrown (not because he has no arm)

"petrodemos" wrote:
    to be fair, the WRs dropping balls on him are getting old, maybe starting to make Brad think he needs to make a play, and turn away from his "play it safe" and "make the right decision". ultematly hurting the team.
    This I think is dead on.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

double posts 4tl!

ooops

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"aceclown" wrote:
    Hey, Brady only threw ONE pass over 40 yards himself...and it got picked by Sharper!

EVERY ONE of the long pass plays by Brady were YAC plays by the WRs...we can do the same thing if our WRs get their butts in gear!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast