Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: Johnson vs Culpepper

"Prophet" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    I think it is funny that the BJ supporters have to continue to try to show the vikings made the right choice by getting rid of pep.
    What are these people going to do when TJ is playing?
    He is gone, let it go.
    Pep plays in miami now.
    The sad thing about the BJ fans at the dome, is most are wearing his jersey from '97.
    UPDATE!
    Pep is gone, BJ is the starter for now, the only thing you need to be concerned about is the W the vikings are putting up
    That is really funny coming from you.
    I think you were one of the guys that had the hardest time letting it go.
    Glad to see you've turned the corner.
    there is no corner to turn, I thought BJ played terrible on sunday, it was the D that won the game.
    DC never had a D to bail him out.
    DC never had a coach that knew how to adjust at half time.
    I could go on about the advantages BJ has this year over DC for his entire career in MN.
    I am not,
    I am glad we now have a coach that can groom a young QB, childress will make TJ into a top QB.
    Good luck to DC, you cant get down on a QB who should not even being playing right now because of a terrible knee injury.
    I do think he is doing what he did in MN that got him in trouble.
    He his trying too hard.
    Neither QB will make the probowl this year.
    I would rather see the W in the colum every week than continue to discuss who the better QB is.
    I dont think the ridiculous compairisons should continue on what the record would be if DC was still here.
    There is a new coach, new line, new RB, more mature WR, better D.
    Its a totally new team that is now far less dependant on what the QB does.
    I would hope the DC/BJ discussions would drop, there are more important things for vikings fans to worry about than what a former QB is doing.
    Winning is more important, no one know what the record would be, because it is impossible to determind.
    The vikings could have blown the two teams out, they could have loss bad, we dont know.
    Move on
    You republican whore!

Del Rio Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    I think it is funny that the BJ supporters have to continue to try to show the vikings made the right choice by getting rid of pep.
    He is gone, let it go.
    Pep plays in miami now.
    The sad thing about the BJ fans at the dome, is most are wearing his jersey from '97.
    UPDATE!
    Pep is gone, BJ is the starter for now, the only thing you need to be concerned about is the W the vikings are putting up
    there is no corner to turn, I thought BJ played terrible on sunday, it was the D that won the game.
    I could go on about the advantages BJ has this year over DC for his entire career in MN.
    I am not,
    I am glad we now have a coach that can groom a young QB, childress will make TJ into a top QB.
    Good luck to DC, you cant get down on a QB who should not even being playing right now because of a terrible knee injury.
    He his trying too hard.
    I would rather see the W in the colum every week than continue to discuss who the better QB is.
    I dont think the ridiculous compairisons should continue on what the record would be if DC was still here.
    I would hope the DC/BJ discussions would drop, there are more important things for vikings fans to worry about than what a former QB is doing.
    Winning is more important, no one know what the record would be, because it is impossible to determind.
    The vikings could have blown the two teams out, they could have loss bad, we dont know.
    Move on
    Like I said earlier that isn't going to happen. Too much shit was splattered on everyones computer screens this offseason about how the Vikings made a huge mistake on how we would regret it and how DC was HOF material. Every interception every fumble every loss is proof DC fans were wrong. Every W in our win column is proof we didn't make a huge mistake. So it will go on for a while, hell maybe even years who knows. If you see a thread don't read it. After all the bullshit we had to put up with about DC from his fans this is due justice.

For everyone else this post is a prime example of what I discussed a few posts ago. A guy making excuses for one of his favorite players. What came first the chicken or the egg.

I think we will not know who got the better deal for a few years.
    Just like the moss trade, the vikings looked like fools last year, now Napo is playing great and williamson is starting to step it up.
    Maybe next year DC rips the league like 04.
    Who knows, I do think that saying the vikings are 100% better without him is a little harsh. I want both to do well, i want BJ to do well for the simple fact a W is better than an L.
    Thats all i care about.
    You republican whore!

Del Rio Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I think we will not know who got the better deal for a few years.
    Just like the moss trade, the vikings looked like fools last year, now Napo is playing great and williamson is starting to step it up.
    Maybe next year DC rips the league like 04.
    Who knows, I do think that saying the vikings are 100% better without him is a little harsh. I want both to do well, i want BJ to do well for the simple fact a W is better than an L.
    Thats all i care about.
    I'm not saying your right or your wrong I'm saying it's not going away anytime soon, and I think a lot of that has to do with the drama caused when he was traded.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    He is gone, let it go.
    Pep plays in miami now.
    UPDATE!
    I am not,
    He his trying too hard.
    Move on
    PurpleRide,

As I mentioned several posts ago most people have moved on.
    The only ones hanging on are the ones that still say we should still have DC.
    There's nothing wrong with comparing the two and stating beliefs.
    You are correct in saying there's no way of knowing if we'd be 2-0 with Pep.
    However your statement of BJ doing badly on Sunday just tells me you are unaware of the different intangeables of the game.
    The fact he only had 1 turnover with the offensive line that was continuously beat says a lot about BJs leadership and abilities.
    The fact he managed the game well enough even though the o line was being beat, also speaks volumes in BJs defense.
    The fact he lead a drive in OT after we had a horrible call against us speaks volumes.
    Sure, that INT he threw was a horrible pass.
    That's one out of the last 4 games he's played.
    Compare that to Pep that was going through the exact same situation with a different team where he fumbled twice and had a pick says volumes.
    Pep is also blessed with a very good coaching staff now so using that as an excuse doesn't convince me.

Everyone has their opinions and are entitled.
    But if there is a thread that you are not happy with then move on to another thread.
    Nothing states you have to respond.

All i am saying is its not right for any rational fan to go to the extremes about this issue.
    The team could be 2-0 with either QB, they could also be 0-2 with either QB.
    The huge advantage johnson has this year is the coaching staff and the D.
    DC never had a d, DC is coming off an injury that should have sidlined him for a lot longer than it did.
    When he tries to do everything, thats when he makes the mistakes, he is trying too hard in miami right now.
    I do know, if we were 0-2 right now, no one would be ripping johnson for the losses, it would be aimed at everything but.
    I will be a BJ supporter for my life because with the right girl it feels great, with the wrong one, well rails hurt.

A W solves everything
    You republican whore!

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    All i am saying is its not right for any rational fan to go to the extremes about this issue.
    The team could be 2-0 with either QB, they could also be 0-2 with either QB.
    The huge advantage johnson has this year is the coaching staff and the D.
    DC never had a d, DC is coming off an injury that should have sidlined him for a lot longer than it did.
    When he tries to do everything, thats when he makes the mistakes, he is trying too hard in miami right now.
    I do know, if we were 0-2 right now, no one would be ripping johnson for the losses, it would be aimed at everything but.
    I will be a BJ supporter for my life because with the right girl it feels great, with the wrong one, well rails hurt.

A W solves everything
    Well I consider myself, Del, AW rational fans.
    But you are correct that we can very easily be 0-2 right now.
    Pep's knee could have sidelined him for longer.
    Your comment of Pep trying too hard is what hurts him.
    That statement is exactly the rationalization of this thread and posting here.
    The difference in both of their careers whether or not with the same coaching staff has been their ability to lead a team.
    Pep needs to learn his role as the QB and stop trying to be the hero.

As far as no one would be ripping BJ if we were losing.
    I beg to differ.
    There are many BJ critics as Viking fans.
    It's just that they have nothing to say right now because he is doing well.
    We all did the same for Pep last year at first.
    Most blamed the line, the WRs and everything else for the things going wrong.
    However, comparing these 2 QBs there's a big difference in the leadership abilities.
    So comparing the two is not irrational.
    It's actually interesting to see.
    Last year when BJ started he had the same line, the same RBs and WRs at first.
    Yet he still won games.
    Don't you think his clock management was one of the main reasons the defense excelled when he started?
    They actually had time to rest.

Vinland is offline Rookie

I don't think many people would argue that DC is a very gifted athlete who can run with and throw the ball.
    In his first couple of years he looked likea great quarterback that just needed experience and maturity.
    The problem is he did not evolve from that point.
    It was either feast or famine with him and he didn't seem to climb that last hurdle.
    All in all he didn't seem to have that extra umph that makes a geat quarterback in the NFL.
    Call it courage, despiration, desire or any other intangible you can think of...whatever it is, he didn't have it.

Now BJ, he had to work to improve his skills and when he got experience he had the intangibles working for him.
    If you looked up team worker in the dictionary you'd see BJ's picture.
    He wants to win one with the team and not win it for the team.

"Ole Pep" just hasn't done that and who knows if he ever will.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I am sure there is a balance somewhere in there but I can see what you are saying. Offensive lineman are stupid brainless tubs of goo anyway. So I don't know why I am defending them.
    Matt Birk....he went to Harvard.

http://www.advertisementave.com/tv/ad.asp?adid=521

=Z=
    George W went to YALE, money talks.
    Miss that point why don't ya?
    I was referencing the funny United Way commercial that Birk made a couple years back, nothing more or less.

Trust me - I went to a pretty good school and there were plenty of stupid athletes there who squeaked by academically and played on Saturdays.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I am sure there is a balance somewhere in there but I can see what you are saying. Offensive lineman are stupid brainless tubs of goo anyway. So I don't know why I am defending them.
    Matt Birk....he went to Harvard.

http://www.advertisementave.com/tv/ad.asp?adid=521

=Z=
    George W went to YALE, money talks.
    Miss that point why don't ya?
    I was referencing the funny United Way commercial that Birk made a couple years back, nothing more or less.

Trust me - I went to a pretty good school and there were plenty of stupid athletes there who squeaked by academically and played on Saturdays.

=Z=
    That wasa great commercial.
    I remember it.
    That was the one where he was in a classroom of young kids right?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast