Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 56 of 56
  1. #51
    WisconsinSucks's Avatar
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    567

    Re: Johnson or Jackson? Childress Tries QB Sneak...

    Well I work with a Lions fan.
    Yes I feel sorry for him but we have a life long bet for every game they play.
    I like taking his money every year.
    He will be at my house Sunday and the LAST thing in the world I wanna see is another pathetic performance by Johnson.
    If he does start he better have a REAL short leash.

  2. #52
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Johnson or Jackson? Childress Tries QB Sneak...

    "darkflood" wrote:
    It may be too soon and yada yada yada, but if Brad Johnson is playing like a rookie, why not start the rookie to see what he can do. I'm not a coach, but it would seem to me that if Tarvaris is the Q.B. of the future, you wouldn't have spent EVERY week with him on the scout team, instead of getting a few reps wih the 1st offense/defense. With our Q.B. rotation, that would have made the most sense. Johnson did fine a year ago ( compared to Culpepper, who sucks ), but Johnson has sucked this year almost as bad as Pepp last year. "A few games does not a quarterback make", as Yoda might say.If BJ is the starter this weekend, I think I might not watch until something changes. At least give us some hope BC, you're losing fans.
    Tj was working with the scout team because that is what the third string QB does!
    He is the future QB of the Minnesota Vikings, but Bollinger was our first backup, therefore Bollinger took the snaps with the 1st team when Brad didn't.
    We have run in to a rare situation where the third string QB was facing the prospect of starting immediately.

    As far as not watching the Vikings until the QB changes... I wouldn't go to extremes.
    As a fan, you will experience times when you simply disagree with coaching or ownership decisions.
    It happens.
    By not watching, not only are you robbing yourself of the fan experience, but you come close to landing the "fair weather fan" title.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #53
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Johnson or Jackson? Childress Tries QB Sneak...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    It may be too soon and yada yada yada, but if Brad Johnson is playing like a rookie, why not start the rookie to see what he can do. I'm not a coach, but it would seem to me that if Tarvaris is the Q.B. of the future, you wouldn't have spent EVERY week with him on the scout team, instead of getting a few reps wih the 1st offense/defense. With our Q.B. rotation, that would have made the most sense. Johnson did fine a year ago ( compared to Culpepper, who sucks ), but Johnson has sucked this year almost as bad as Pepp last year. "A few games does not a quarterback make", as Yoda might say.If BJ is the starter this weekend, I think I might not watch until something changes. At least give us some hope BC, you're losing fans.


    Tj was working with the scout team because that is what the third string QB does!
    He is the future QB of the Minnesota Vikings, but Bollinger was our first backup, therefore Bollinger took the snaps with the 1st team when Brad didn't.
    We have run in to a rare situation where the third string QB was facing the prospect of starting immediately.

    As far as not watching the Vikings until the QB changes... I wouldn't go to extremes.
    As a fan, you will experience times when you simply disagree with coaching or ownership decisions.
    It happens.
    By not watching, not only are you robbing yourself of the fan experience, but you come close to landing the "fair weather fan" title.
    I would much rather have someone just quit watching then listen to non-stop bitching. I always have admired people who put their money where their mouths are. If something becomes unbarable remove yourself from the situation IMO. If Mcdonalds makes your butthole bleed stop eating Mcdonalds.

    If someone wants to make a point and "SHOW" the team they are unsatisfied I say stop paying them, stop watching them, stop endorsing them.

    Totally opinion obviously.

  4. #54
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Johnson or Jackson? Childress Tries QB Sneak...

    Two can play that game
    Friday, December 8th, 2006
    by Judd Zulgad

    Brad Childress won’t reveal his starting quarterback for Sunday’s game at Detroit and Lions coach Rod Marinelli won’t say who will start at cornerback in place of the injured Fernando Bryant.

    Marinelli, unlike Childress, claims he simply hasn’t decided which one of three players will start at corner. “We’ve let them compete pretty hard all week,” Marinelli said of Stanley Wilson, Keith Smith and Jamar Fletcher. The Lions coach said he wanted to watch more tape of practice before making a decision.

    Bryant is out after suffering a concussion last Sunday against New England.

    Marinelli, like everyone else, is fully expecting Brad Johnson to start at quarterback for the Vikings on Sunday. However, the Lions did break down film of rookie quarterback Tarvaris Jackson just in case he comes into the game.

    “I’m preparing for Brad, if not Brad, I think we’ll be in good shape,” Marinelli said. “We have our blitz packages ready for Brad and for [Jackson]. It wouldn’t change the blitzes. It would all be basically the same. Now, as a four-man rush, you’re a little bit more aware — Brad will always [be] working as step up guy, OK? This guy can take off lateral on us, but we’re aware of that and we’ve got to adjust in the game as it goes.”
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #55
    Bretto is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    74

    Re: Johnson or Jackson? Childress Tries QB Sneak...

    oh no the lions are watching game film.
    Now there is no way we can win. :

  6. #56
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Johnson or Jackson? Childress Tries QB Sneak...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "darkflood" wrote:
    It may be too soon and yada yada yada, but if Brad Johnson is playing like a rookie, why not start the rookie to see what he can do. I'm not a coach, but it would seem to me that if Tarvaris is the Q.B. of the future, you wouldn't have spent EVERY week with him on the scout team, instead of getting a few reps wih the 1st offense/defense. With our Q.B. rotation, that would have made the most sense. Johnson did fine a year ago ( compared to Culpepper, who sucks ), but Johnson has sucked this year almost as bad as Pepp last year. "A few games does not a quarterback make", as Yoda might say.If BJ is the starter this weekend, I think I might not watch until something changes. At least give us some hope BC, you're losing fans.
    Tj was working with the scout team because that is what the third string QB does!
    He is the future QB of the Minnesota Vikings, but Bollinger was our first backup, therefore Bollinger took the snaps with the 1st team when Brad didn't.
    We have run in to a rare situation where the third string QB was facing the prospect of starting immediately.

    As far as not watching the Vikings until the QB changes... I wouldn't go to extremes.
    As a fan, you will experience times when you simply disagree with coaching or ownership decisions.
    It happens.
    By not watching, not only are you robbing yourself of the fan experience, but you come close to landing the "fair weather fan" title.
    Haha...no doubt, jsut because the vikes are keeping that old geyser in at QB is no reason to not watch! LOL...it certainly doesnt excite me and I am dreading the fact that my team is pretty evenly matched with the friggin Lions and there's a chance they will lose with Johnson at the helm...

    The guy doesnt excite me....he doesnt make plays and, lately, he hasnt even managed the game...he is ineffective and I think some young blood would shake things up a bit and hopefully spark a late-season run...the defense is pissy with the O cuz they are playing at an elite, top 10 level and the offense is so poor that they cant beat the 49ers or the Packers lol?!

    But whatever....don't do what the fans want...the coaches make that decision and I'm not gonna be happy about it but I don't get paid to make those decisions and I'll be a Vikes fan either way...

    Basically...I'm dreading the rest of the season....I simply think we're wasting our good D...why cant we put it all together one of these years!? I mean seriously...it was all O, now its all D....whatever...SKOL

    A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Childress says Jackson grew while watching
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 01:53 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 07:53 AM
  3. Quotes From Winter Park 12/26/07 - Childress & Jackson
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 06:41 AM
  4. Childress/Jackson Interview 9/19
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 06:04 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 11:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •