Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Johnson or Jackson? Childress Tries QB Sneak...

"marstc09" wrote:
    I have a thought.
    Could it be possible that Jackson is starting and they want it to seem like Johnson is starting?
    This way it would keep the media off him and Tarvaris thinking about the game.
    I have had the same thought.

But it's all grabed out of the air. We'll just have to see on sunday

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Give him 1-2 quarters.. Then let T-jack get some reps.. I really don't think T-jack feels comfortable jumping into the offense quite yet..

One Love
    What makes you think that?
    Oh yeah, maybe because T-Jack said that himself earlier in the week.

Brilliant
    :

One Love

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"cogitans" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I have a thought.
    Could it be possible that Jackson is starting and they want it to seem like Johnson is starting?

I was thinkin that too but then I thought about Childress' brilliant play calling selection and if he can't decieve other teams there is no way he is manipulating the media. I wouldn't give this guy that much credit...he's had a worse season than Tice...granted Tice had Daunte and Moss for much of his career but Childress is the type of guy who would've gotten rid of those guys anyways so whatever...we'll see...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"audioghost" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I have a thought.

I was thinkin that too but then I thought about Childress' brilliant play calling selection and if he can't decieve other teams there is no way he is manipulating the media. I wouldn't give this guy that much credit...he's had a worse season than Tice...granted Tice had Daunte and Moss for much of his career but Childress is the type of guy who would've gotten rid of those guys anyways so whatever...we'll see...
    The whole play calling issue is farce.
    It has been analyzed and the 1st and 2nd downs have been damn near exactly 50/50.
    Pull stuff out of your ass, believe it if you want.
    The data proves otherwise.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

"Acumen" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I have a thought.

It has been analyzed and the 1st and 2nd downs have been gol 'darnit near exactly 50/50.
    Pull stuff out of your jiggly butt, believe it if you want.
    He still keeps calling two yard passes on 3rd and longs, I remember at least two in Bears game (both failed, ofc). And why on earth did he keep calling the pass after 3 INTs by BJ... we'll never know.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Acumen" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I have a thought.

It has been analyzed and the 1st and 2nd downs have been gol 'darnit near exactly 50/50.
    Acumen, stop trying to cloud the issue with facts.
    They obviously have no place in a heated discussion about NFL QBs. ;D
    In fact, during the Bears game, my sister's friends' uncle's three year old grandson said his first word.. "Run".
    And sure enough, the next play Childress called was a running play.
    So if a three year old knows what we are going to do next, obviously the playcalling is too predictable. LOL ;D :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Q: Is it realistic that Tarvaris Jackson is ready and he has done everything that he needs to do in order to start?
    A: Well, I think there are a couple things. The guys were repping plays basically that are training camp plays. Is there anything new? There are some new things, but conceptually the concepts are very similar to what he has seen. When he repped against our defense, typically those are on cards but they are given a name. A lot of people run similar concepts so if you are able to paint a picture with our words, "this is a two jet flanker drive". OK, read it like that. And he is able to get reps against really elevated speed against our defense.

Q: In some of Tarvaris Jackson's comments this weekend he sounded like he wasn't sure if he was ready to start. Does that concern you?
    A: I think Tarvaris has been to handling school and I don't think he's going to say anything that is going to be offensive to anybody.

Does anyone else think that Childress is actually saying that Jackson is ready?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Storm" wrote:
    He still keeps calling two yard passes on 3rd and longs, I remember at least two in Bears game (both failed, ofc). And why on earth did he keep calling the pass after 3 INTs by BJ... we'll never know.
    This is a point I can concede.
    We do run a lot of plays on 3rd and long that stop well short of the first down marker.
    Too many, especially given the fact that they just plain don't work most of the time (I have another thread floating around here that did some analysis on this).

I don't know if the plays are designed to try and make YAC, or if the QB if going to the checkdown too often, or if the primary WRs simply aren't getting open... But this is still an area that we are extremely poor at.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"Storm" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I have a thought.

What I want to know is what are the other WR's doing on those third and longs when the ball is dumped off two yards. You guys make it sound like Childress is calling these plays for one guy.

Like he calls in OK BRAD MAKE SURE YOU HIT MEMO FOR TWO YARDS!!!

I mean there are often 4 eligible recievers on the field. Is this to say Brad calls a passing play seeing as it is 3rd and long and only one guy runs the route and the rest sit back and pick their ass?

Or could it be something along the lines of it is third and long so the defense knows you will pass and so they do apply pressure and your other WR's are not getting their hot routes or they are not getting open or Brad panics and in the end checks down.

Why the blame on Childress? I will never understand this. Damn near every pass play has a progression from deep to short, the WCO uses a progression short to deep, if brad does not have time or feels pressure then he is going to check down. Is that Childress' fault when there are undoubtably 2-3 WR's at or beyond the first down marker running routes?

"Acumen" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I have a thought.

The running on first down criticism was Winfield's, and yes, it's been proven wrong.
    My problems with his playcalling have more to do with throwing deep on 4th and 1 and passing on 2nd and 4 after shredding their defense on 3 consecutive runs.
    It'd be one thing if we had shown ANY effectivieness in the passing game up to that point, but... well.. you saw the game, so I don't really need to explain.

As for throwing short on 3rd and long, I don't think that's Childress's fault.
    There's a dump off reciever in just about every passing play.
    Is it Childress's fault BJ looks at that read first every time instead of looking downfield?

As for T-Jack, I don't WANT to start him if he's not ready, but I ABSOLUTELY don't want to start BJ.
    That really only leaves T-Jack.
    At this point though, I'd be happy with Sharper in there at QB.

*edit* grammer and spelling

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast