Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Johnson isn't the only reason Vikings are 5-7

its obvious that he isnt the only reason, but a veteran guy like that has to elevate his game..instead Johnson has just played equally as bad as everybody else
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

I believe Johnson would have been much better this year if he actually had some time to throw the ball. The line just isnt doing its job.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I agree that Brad hasn't been the sole cause of our problems this year but he seems to have the look of a boxer who has had one fight too many at the moment. I feel that if Bollinger had been fit he probably would have started this week. Dropping your starter for the back-up is one thing but benching him for the number three guy? That's maybe a bridge too far.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    On the other hand, the previous lions game I think we won primarily because of BJ. He was firing people up and took charge that game.
    I'd have to disagree with you on that one. If your going to give credit for a QB firing up the Vikings in that game, the credit would have to go to Kitna.

We were down 17-3 in the 4th quarter, but our offense finally mustered a TD. it was then 17-10.

It was Kitna who coughed the ball up on the 1 yard line & Leber smartly falling on it to score a TD. The point after was blocked. 17-16 Vikings.

We drove down later in the game, only to come up short of a TD & settled for a field goal. 19-17 Vikings.

The Lions had the ball & a chance to come back & kick a game winning field goal or score a TD, but once again it was Kitna, who after being flushed out of the pocket, stupidly tried a shovel pass to prevent a sack. E.J. Henderson picked the ball off & took it to the house for the 2nd defensive TD.

Final score Vikings 26, Lions 10.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

The funny thing is people forget about BJ being the reason why we have won games.
    When you look at Washington and Carolina, he was the one that managed the clock and drove us enough when it counted (4th qtr and OT) to win the games.

Again have always liked BJ.
    I always will like BJ.
    I was angry when he left and was happy when he came back.
    The fact is BJ has thrown the ball effectovely as always (short and long).
    The prblem is people seem to have the dropsies or there are stupid penalties.
    He has had miserable games this year (Pats & Bears).
    I won't make any excuses there.
    The fact remains that he has won games too.
    We know there are several reasons why the offense hasn't done well scoring points.

That said, a little mobility may be good for the offense.
    At the same time we give a future QB some experience.
    Sure we may make the playoffs this year.
    Do you honestly think we will go far?
    Anything can happen, true.
    But let's be realistic.
    Chances are we won't go far into the playoffs unless the offense starts going on a roll.
    Give the kid some playing time and start working on the future.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    On the other hand, the previous lions game I think we won primarily because of BJ. He was firing people up and took charge that game.
    I'd have to disagree with you on that one. If your going to give credit for a QB firing up the Vikings in that game, the credit would have to go to Kitna.

We were down 17-3 in the 4th quarter, but our offense finally mustered a TD. it was then 17-10.

It was Kitna who coughed the ball up on the 1 yard line & Leber smartly falling on it to score a TD. The point after was blocked. 17-16 Vikings.

We drove down later in the game, only to come up short of a TD & settled for a field goal. 19-17 Vikings.

The Lions had the ball & a chance to come back & kick a game winning field goal or score a TD, but once again it was Kitna, who after being flushed out of the pocket, stupidly tried a shovel pass to prevent a sack. E.J. Henderson picked the ball off & took it to the house for the 2nd defensive TD.

Final score Vikings 26, Lions 10.
    I agree sing. That game came down to two huge defensive plays. Prior to the defense scoring those, we were getting whooped on offense.

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    I believe Johnson would have been much better this year if he actually had some time to throw the ball. The line just isnt doing its job.
    I think that has been part of the problem, but he's made some uncharacteristically dumb decisions this year too. Some of them were under duress, but some of them were just flat out bad throws that Brad hadn't throwin in previous years.

davike is offline Team Alumni

just a stat: we are the 14 overall, we are 6th worst in overall scoring and 7th worst in ypg. 5 out of the 6 teams that are worst then us are in the bottom 6 teams in overall offense, the same with ypg, 5 out of 6 that are worst then us are the 5 worst in the league. its sad, but those stats should tell us that. it is penalties, dropped passes, turnovers, and poor redzone play. but the good thing is that these are all very fixable problems.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

There is no reason why the Viking offense can't get hot all of the sudden.
    We have been running the ball great, but execusion in the passing game has hurt.
    We are missing a block and taking a sack or fumble, dropping a pass, forcing a throw and throwing a pick, or completing a pass one every four passing plays; killing momemtum and drives.

The guys just got to execute.
    When BJ makes a play, the receiver has to finish and vice versa.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I thank Brad for all he has done...and harbor no ill will towards him...but it's time to start the TJack Era...or at least see if there will be one!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Will there be a TJ era?
    Thats the question; but I still think there is hope for this year.
    there is still 25% of the games to be played.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast