Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Prophet Guest

Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Wow, its funny how this offence can be at a standstill and its no fault at all of the QB.
    Just completely funny.
    He is not a top 15 QB any more, he cannot score touchdowns and he has proven that so far.
    Unless i am watching a different game
    Maybe i should contact my local station and ask to get the vikings on tv.
    Last I checked we have 2 count them 2 TD passes in 4 games, is that acceptable?
    If anyone thinks we are going to the playoffs with that type of offence, you are kididng yourself.
    Your kidding yourself if you think 2TD passes in 4 games will push this team to a playoff spot.
    Do you think there is anyone that doesn’t know that?
    Are you still confused about how Brad Johnson became the starting QB?
    Culpepper walked, you can blame it on whomever you want or you can see the timeline of events by clicking here.
    Culpepper walked and Brad Johnson is the interim QB.
    He was the best option available based on the new coaches objectives of solidifying the lines and filling in other needs.
    Do you remember that they picked up Tarvaris Jackson as the future QB, we shall see if he works out.
    Your hatred for Brad Johnson permeates your posts to the point of making you blind.
    Thankfully we had Brad Johnson on the roster so we could buy time until the next quarterback is ready to play.

Could we have picked up another QB?
    Who?
    The only option that I saw on the table that would be possible better than Brad Johnson without trading up or paying an exorbitant amount of money was McNair.
    That whole scenario played out much later, to the tune of three months later than many of our big offseason moves.
    The coaching staff was willing to go with Brad Johnson during the interim while their new QB is being prepared to take the reigns.
    The scenario really isn’t that complicated.
    If Brad Johnson end up being the major problem on the offense will Tarvaris be baptized by fire or do you want to see Bollinger in there?
    How about Henson?
    Maybe McMahon?
    Bouman?
    If the current management wanted another QB they would have one.
    They made the big moves in other scenarios, so there’s no reason to doubt that.

You toss accusations out to all of us peasants like you are the only person that has noticed that the offense has been unproductive.
    Is it Brad Johnson’s fault?
    Sure, he takes some of the blame.
    Is it the O-line, the play calling, the coaching?
    Sure, they have to take some of the blame too.
    If the future games look like last weekend’s game Brad Johnson will be scrutinized more heavily.
    At this point he is serving his role as the interim minimum wage QB.

Oh maybe its McKinnie's fault, he was on the boat last year.

Off on one of your nonsensical tangents again because you didn’t agree with a few people that didn’t agree with the great press that was released due to the boat scandal.

Is it really OK that the QB wont even attempt to hit the endzone.
    Any QB will have a higher completion percentage when throwing the ball for 5 yards 8 out of ten times.
    This team needs a QB that will take a chance a risk to get 6 instead of 3 every time.
    No it isn’t.
    There have been some tosses down the field with some balls being catchable and some not.
    The O-line has been suspect, the receiving corps has been suspect and the penalties have been killing us.
    They have not converted and it is a problem that the coaching staff is well aware of.
    If you think for a second that you’re enlightening people on the board or the coaching staff you’re a bigger dweeb than you present yourself as.

I am concerned about this year, not what happend in the past.
    Last I checked I am a Vikings fan, not a packer fan.
    Only packer fans talk about how great someone once was, johnson was good, he is not any longer.
    I would take number of QB's just in the NFC over johnson.
    So are most of us.
    Again, why is Brad Johnson the QB?
    Think about it, if you can’t come to that realization than refresh your memory by reading the few paragraphs above.

Sad when our QB is the third best in the NFC north.
    I know johnson will do better when we start playing the crap teams again just like last year, then all the johnson "crotch sniffers" can run their mouths about how great he is beating up on the lions and other equal teams.
    Ain't no stopping us now every time we play the lions, thats for sure.

There were good QB's out there, childress settled on johnson, he did not choose him.
    I would go as far as saying he is fourth best in the NFCN this year if you do some creative statistical manipulations.
    Week 4 just ended.
    The Vikings played some tough defenses to start off the year.
    It is amazing to me that someone with your self-professed intelligence does not understand that we have a rookie coaches, new schemes on O and D and we are building a new team.
    That doesn’t happen overnight.
    Take a dose of reality.
    There are plenty of realists on this site that, of course, want the Vikings to go to the playoffs this year, but they also realized before the preseason even started and any roster moves were made that it was and is a long shot in the first year of the new coaching staff’s tenure to make the playoffs.

Brad Johnson manages games and throughout his career has done just that, yes; he has a track record even though you don’t like to admit it.
    In the given situation we could be much worse off at QB.
    The Vikings don’t have a long-term plan to have a Dilferesque QB, which is exactly what BJ is at this juncture of his career.
    Will he suffice in the meantime?
    Yes, we sure hope so.

I like how you surface with a vengeance after a bad game.
    Where were you hiding when the Vikings won?
    They were ugly wins, but they are 2-2.
    Better than some of us thought they would be at this juncture of the season.
    Now you try to build in an excuse, just in case Brad Johnson plays well in any upcoming game.
    Pathetic.
    This is a team game and without superstars we need the team to perform as a unit, it isn’t.

Think reality here and think of the long-term plans of the team.
    They have the ability to make the playoffs this year, but the realist in you (well in most people) should slap you and make you realize that the Vikings are on the road to becoming a better team than they have been in a long time, a real team, a team that has a chance of winning the SB in the near future.
    That is more than can be said during the Meathead years.

I do remember all the blame last year was on DC, not the coaching, the line,
    or the WR, now it kinda seems thats were people here are pointing the fingers, wow what a difference a year makes.

Oh i know, its Reds fault the offence is terrible this year, sorry everyone i found the real reason.
    Lets all go to texas and get him back, he took johnsons ability
    Selective memory, just like you selectively read posts on this site.
    Of course, there are people all over the board analyzing the team and what is causing their successes and failures.
    Try to address specific people’s comments like you have avoided throughout this thread instead of trying to lump everyone into some cute little stereotype that exists in your head.
    In this thread alone you have avoided people addressing your posts and some excellent questions (a minimum of four different posters) and then you come back with another tangent that doesn’t address any points that someone has made.

Even someone with an IQ hovering in the double-digits gets your point in almost every post you have ever made.
    You despise Brad Johnson, you despise Brad Childress, and you have man-love issues for Daunte Culpepper.
    Think before you post and address issues that you bring up when people respond to them and maybe, just maybe, you may be able to gain an ounce of credibility to your posts.

Deronn is offline Starter

If Pep was playing like BJ, we would all be calling for him to be benched, ok (not really, but let's just humor Purple Ride)

That being said, who the heck do you want at QB now? TJ just had surgery. Brooks Bollinger???

Ok, so making a change at QB DOESN'T MAKE ANY %%#^#$&%# SENSE RIGHT NOW!!!! So why start this thread???? Where's the other option? The upside to your suggestion? What's the point???

I think that in all 4 games the team as a whole has shown that they have the ability to get the job done on any given day. Especially if they catch the ball and get rid of the stupid penalties on both sides of the ball!

I'm not saying we are a powerhouse team, but if we played consistently we have the talent to compete with a majority of the teams out there. We still need to just put it all together. We HAVEN'T done that yet because of all the changes we've had to our team (already been listed, no need for me to list them again.) No reason for anyone's head just yet...

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I admit I began warming up a big plate of crow as I watched BJ perform Sunday.
    But looking closer, where was the running game?
    The first two games of the year I couldn't believe the Vikes stuck to the run as long as they did, but seen how it wore down the defense, eventually opening up the offense. So why did they abandon so quickly when the Vikes O matched up so well with Buffalo D?
    That is the biggest mistake of the game.

Second major mistake was smoots tackling. I watched him try to shirt tackle (and miss) way too many times that day.

Third, where are all the dink and dunk passes that the WCO is suppose to be all about?
    That is what BJ does best.
    Yes he made some horrible throws but he never looked frustrated like our previous QB did.

Bigger yet, our receivers need to catch those fricking balls when they hit them in the hands.
    I will give M Rob that last drop. It would have been a spectacular catch and a lot of luck to pull that one in. But it has been done.

Defense played very well all in all with a few missed tackles and penalties costing big.

Final word.
    RUN THE BALL, DINK AND DUNK PASSES, CATCH THE BALL, WRAP UP TACKLES, LIMIT PENALTIES.

Brad has some responsibility in this loss, but the WHOLE team COACHES includes blew this one.
    The offense needs to be opened up just a bit more if they aren't going to run the ball like they say they have committed, too.

I put the crow back in the frig for now.

It's the 4th fricken week of the season, with a team that has been almost completely madeover. The boys have done damn good considering. The minute they lose 2 games someone wants to jump up and yell for BJ to be benched, as if he's the whole team. He's behind a line that is still learning to work with one another, and his recievers aren't catching the balls they should. It takes two to complete a pass. If a lot of those balls weren't thrown well, then yes it would be his fault, but the fact is Johnson is throwing balls to them that they just plain let slip through their hands. Our defense has been awesome but they had a bad day yesterday. The whole team played poorly and that's that. We've had a tough schedule, we've won some and lost some, and I believe that our guys are going to improve as the season goes on.

And as far as you(purple ride) comparing BJ to Fumblepepper, there IS no comparison. I don't see the fins fairing real well with him as QB. Why aren't you ripping on him?

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Wow, its funny how this offence can be at a standstill and its no fault at all of the QB.
    Just completely funny.
    He is not a top 15 QB any more, he cannot score touchdowns and he has proven that so far.
    Unless i am watching a different game
    Maybe i should contact my local station and ask to get the vikings on tv.
    Last I checked we have 2 count them 2 TD passes in 4 games, is that acceptable?
    If anyone thinks we are going to the playoffs with that type of offence, you are kididng yourself.
    Your kidding yourself if you think 2TD passes in 4 games will push this team to a playoff spot.
    Do you think there is anyone that doesn’t know that?
    Are you still confused about how Brad Johnson became the starting QB?
    Culpepper walked, you can blame it on whomever you want or you can see the timeline of events by clicking here.
    Culpepper walked and Brad Johnson is the interim QB.
    He was the best option available based on the new coaches objectives of solidifying the lines and filling in other needs.
    Do you remember that they picked up Tarvaris Jackson as the future QB, we shall see if he works out.
    Your hatred for Brad Johnson permeates your posts to the point of making you blind.
    Thankfully we had Brad Johnson on the roster so we could buy time until the next quarterback is ready to play.

Could we have picked up another QB?
    Who?
    The only option that I saw on the table that would be possible better than Brad Johnson without trading up or paying an exorbitant amount of money was McNair.
    That whole scenario played out much later, to the tune of three months later than many of our big offseason moves.
    The coaching staff was willing to go with Brad Johnson during the interim while their new QB is being prepared to take the reigns.
    The scenario really isn’t that complicated.
    If Brad Johnson end up being the major problem on the offense will Tarvaris be baptized by fire or do you want to see Bollinger in there?
    How about Henson?
    Maybe McMahon?
    Bouman?
    If the current management wanted another QB they would have one.
    They made the big moves in other scenarios, so there’s no reason to doubt that.

You toss accusations out to all of us peasants like you are the only person that has noticed that the offense has been unproductive.
    Is it Brad Johnson’s fault?
    Sure, he takes some of the blame.
    Is it the O-line, the play calling, the coaching?
    Sure, they have to take some of the blame too.
    If the future games look like last weekend’s game Brad Johnson will be scrutinized more heavily.
    At this point he is serving his role as the interim minimum wage QB.

Oh maybe its McKinnie's fault, he was on the boat last year.

Off on one of your nonsensical tangents again because you didn’t agree with a few people that didn’t agree with the great press that was released due to the boat scandal.

Is it really OK that the QB wont even attempt to hit the endzone.
    Any QB will have a higher completion percentage when throwing the ball for 5 yards 8 out of ten times.
    This team needs a QB that will take a chance a risk to get 6 instead of 3 every time.
    No it isn’t.
    There have been some tosses down the field with some balls being catchable and some not.
    The O-line has been suspect, the receiving corps has been suspect and the penalties have been killing us.
    They have not converted and it is a problem that the coaching staff is well aware of.
    If you think for a second that you’re enlightening people on the board or the coaching staff you’re a bigger dweeb than you present yourself as.

I am concerned about this year, not what happend in the past.
    Last I checked I am a Vikings fan, not a packer fan.
    Only packer fans talk about how great someone once was, johnson was good, he is not any longer.
    I would take number of QB's just in the NFC over johnson.
    So are most of us.
    Again, why is Brad Johnson the QB?
    Think about it, if you can’t come to that realization than refresh your memory by reading the few paragraphs above.

Sad when our QB is the third best in the NFC north.

I know johnson will do better when we start playing the crap teams again just like last year, then all the johnson "crotch sniffers" can run their mouths about how great he is beating up on the lions and other equal teams.
    Ain't no stopping us now every time we play the lions, thats for sure.

There were good QB's out there, childress settled on johnson, he did not choose him.
    I would go as far as saying he is fourth best in the NFCN this year if you do some creative statistical manipulations.
    Week 4 just ended.
    The Vikings played some tough defenses to start off the year.
    It is amazing to me that someone with your self-professed intelligence does not understand that we have a rookie coaches, new schemes on O and D and we are building a new team.
    That doesn’t happen overnight.
    Take a dose of reality.
    There are plenty of realists on this site that, of course, want the Vikings to go to the playoffs this year, but they also realized before the preseason even started and any roster moves were made that it was and is a long shot in the first year of the new coaching staff’s tenure to make the playoffs.

Brad Johnson manages games and throughout his career has done just that, yes; he has a track record even though you don’t like to admit it.
    In the given situation we could be much worse off at QB.
    The Vikings don’t have a long-term plan to have a Dilferesque QB, which is exactly what BJ is at this juncture of his career.
    Will he suffice in the meantime?
    Yes, we sure hope so.

I like how you surface with a vengeance after a bad game.
    Where were you hiding when the Vikings won?
    They were ugly wins, but they are 2-2.
    Better than some of us thought they would be at this juncture of the season.
    Now you try to build in an excuse, just in case Brad Johnson plays well in any upcoming game.
    Pathetic.
    This is a team game and without superstars we need the team to perform as a unit, it isn’t.

Think reality here and think of the long-term plans of the team.
    They have the ability to make the playoffs this year, but the realist in you (well in most people) should slap you and make you realize that the Vikings are on the road to becoming a better team than they have been in a long time, a real team, a team that has a chance of winning the SB in the near future.
    That is more than can be said during the Meathead years.

I do remember all the blame last year was on DC, not the coaching, the line,
    or the WR, now it kinda seems thats were people here are pointing the fingers, wow what a difference a year makes.

Oh i know, its Reds fault the offence is terrible this year, sorry everyone i found the real reason.
    Lets all go to texas and get him back, he took johnsons ability
    Selective memory, just like you selectively read posts on this site.
    Of course, there are people all over the board analyzing the team and what is causing their successes and failures.
    Try to address specific people’s comments like you have avoided throughout this thread instead of trying to lump everyone into some cute little stereotype that exists in your head.
    In this thread alone you have avoided people addressing your posts and some excellent questions (a minimum of four different posters) and then you come back with another tangent that doesn’t address any points that someone has made.

Even someone with an IQ hovering in the double-digits gets your point in almost every post you have ever made.
    You despise Brad Johnson, you despise Brad Childress, and you have man-love issues for Daunte Culpepper.
    Think before you post and address issues that you bring up when people respond to them and maybe, just maybe, you may be able to gain an ounce of credibility to your posts.

man...since i have been here i have been impressed with you...you know how to tell it straight and hard, and the fact that you know what your talking about is great bonus. i have replied every post that purplerider has posted on BJ i think, and he just does not listen. he refuses to embrace reallity and the truth. mabe he is sent by the packers to try and bring us all down ha good post again man, keep up the good work prophet

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

That's because prophet is level headed and rational.. Oh and he's all knowing or omniscient considering that he's a prophet.
    ;D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345