Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "marantzo" wrote:
    BJ certainly didn't have a good game. There were reasons for it. The cardinal reason is that the Bills rushers were in his face all day.
    Say what?
    The Bills didn't record a single sack, and I only recall one time that they were even close - and that's being in his face all day?

    =Z=
    there was a few times when they were really close as in BJ threw over their shoulder as he got ground into the turf. yeah i agree they didn't put a lot of pressure on BJ all the time but enough to make him feel uncomfortable.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    915

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    One thread is all about smoot playing like crap and he needs to be cut, then people stand up for brad here?
    Smoot and windfield played bad yesterday, both gave up too many yards and both had problems getting their man on the turf.
    Winfield was all over the field, making big tackles and forcing outside runs inside.
    He did not have a bad game yesterday.

    =Z=
    I can recall more than a few third and longs completed with windfield covering the guy.
    You republican whore!

  3. #23
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    One thread is all about smoot playing like crap and he needs to be cut, then people stand up for brad here?
    Smoot and windfield played bad yesterday, both gave up too many yards and both had problems getting their man on the turf.
    Winfield was all over the field, making big tackles and forcing outside runs inside.
    He did not have a bad game yesterday.

    =Z=
    I can recall more than a few third and longs completed with windfield covering the guy.
    Were those in man-to-man coverage or in zone?
    Take your time - because it's a really important distinction.

    Do you also recall Winfield forcing McGahee inside on several outside runs?
    Do you recall his upending of McGahee (when the announcers stupidly gave the credit to Thomas because he hit him while Willis was in the air)?
    Do you recall Winfield making special-teams tackles while Freddy Smoot sits on the sidelines because he's not trusted to make those tackles?

    I do.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    915

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    Steve McNair is putting up some nice numbers for a 4-0 team, he was availible.
    And again just to make things clear, both sides were at fault for losing the franchise QB.
    Both sides acted like children.
    I know certain fans like to place blame on certain players and cuddle to the next, but to think johnson is not at fault is pathetic.
    No one has responded to my statement if the former QB was doing the same as our "starter" is doing now the bench chants would be all over the place.
    I do think bolinger is a better QB than bowman, people here thought he should have started back in 03 when pep was having trouble scoring points.
    If anyone can move the ball better than this guy we have now, they deserve to start.
    I dont think the vikings could get much worse on offence than how they are doing now.
    Johnson missed many open recievers sunday, at least the FOX station in mankato was showing that.
    You republican whore!

  5. #25
    Prophet Guest

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Steve McNair is putting up some nice numbers for a 4-0 team, he was availible.
    And again just to make things clear, both sides were at fault for losing the franchise QB.
    Both sides acted like children.
    I know certain fans like to place blame on certain players and cuddle to the next, but to think johnson is not at fault is pathetic.
    No one has responded to my statement if the former QB was doing the same as our "starter" is doing now the bench chants would be all over the place.
    I do think bolinger is a better QB than bowman, people here thought he should have started back in 03 when pep was having trouble scoring points.
    If anyone can move the ball better than this guy we have now, they deserve to start.
    I dont think the vikings could get much worse on offence than how they are doing now.
    Johnson missed many open recievers sunday, at least the FOX station in mankato was showing that.
    Do you even read the responses to your posts and the threads on this board?
    WTF is wrong with you?
    It is pointless to respond to your posts because you ignore the responses.
    I responded to your last post one page back and it was ignored.

    McNair would have been a nice pickup, but like I mentioned in another thread today the timeline was off for that transaction.

  6. #26
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    I can honestly say yes if DC had the numbers Brad had now, people would be calling to bench him. I wouldn't say that before yesterday, but after his two int's yes people would want him benched.

    Should he be benched? Absolutely not.

  7. #27
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    "davike" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "marantzo" wrote:
    BJ certainly didn't have a good game. There were reasons for it. The cardinal reason is that the Bills rushers were in his face all day.
    Say what?
    The Bills didn't record a single sack, and I only recall one time that they were even close - and that's being in his face all day?

    =Z=
    there was a few times when they were really close as in BJ threw over their shoulder as he got ground into the turf. yeah i agree they didn't put a lot of pressure on BJ all the time but enough to make him feel uncomfortable.
    No doubt. They were attacking the pocket and were definatley in his face. A key stat I predicted last week was tipped passes, by those big tall DE's. Well we had 4 tipped balls. 2 on third downs and one caused an interception. The offensive line should have been instructed to keep thos guyses hands down. It helps to mix in a few cut blocks now and then.

  8. #28
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    One thread is all about smoot playing like crap and he needs to be cut, then people stand up for brad here?
    Smoot and windfield played bad yesterday, both gave up too many yards and both had problems getting their man on the turf.
    Winfield was all over the field, making big tackles and forcing outside runs inside.
    He did not have a bad game yesterday.

    =Z=


    i agree zeus, winfield wasn't bad....so far winfield winfield is the best defensive player so far for us, at least thats what i think, you rarely catch him out of position and he doesn't make many mistakes. plus he has at least one pick (he should have had more but w/e). he leads the team and is 13 in the league with 33 tackles. i wouldn't be complaining about winfield right now...he is the least of our worries.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  9. #29
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    to purpleride: hey i think you should seriously listen to prophet, he is exactly right. when you posted this thread. i asked you a question in one of my posts. if you don't think that BJ is doing the best that he can or the best of anyone that we have available to us, then tell us all who should be starting. pleeeeaaasssee enlighten us. or mabe you think that daunte culpepper would be doing a better job then BJ. i am going to post some BJ/daunte culpepper stats once i get them. but please just answer me, i really want to learn
    :

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  10. #30
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

    "Del" wrote:
    I can honestly say yes if DC had the numbers Brad had now, people would be calling to bench him. I wouldn't say that before yesterday, but after his two int's yes people would want him benched.

    Should he be benched? Absolutely not.
    That's for a few reasons. The way brad played in the first 3 games is exactly what we expected brad to play like. Given, he had a bad game yesterday but barring that we expected a low risk pocket passer who didnt put up big stats.

    Culpepper is expected to have 4 TD games every time and have the offense centered around him.

    If either QB played this way they wouldnt deserve to be benched. Vikes fans, we go through this EVERY YEAR. we have some tough losses going into the bye week (or after the bye week with tice) and everything goes to hell. Things will get better. Stop throwing in the towel now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tyrell Johnson psyched for first game action - Johnson far from star-struck
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 07:55 PM
  2. Vince Young shows that his 6 on the Wonderlic was well earned...
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 05:45 PM
  3. Our hard-earned tax dollars at work!
    By shockzilla in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 02:52 PM
  4. Our hard-earned money at work...
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 02:32 AM
  5. OK .. O Smith Deserves The Starting Job .. He's Earned It
    By Foreman44 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 05:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •