Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

In all fairness to BJ, if Marcus Johnson didn't have a false start penalty on him when we were going for the 2 point conversion, things may have been different..

If they would have got the 2 point conversion, we would have been down by a FG.. That last drive would have put us in to position to tie the game and send it into overtime.. Instead, we have to go for a TD..

It all comes down to penalties.. We have had way to many this season so far.. Also, if Mr. Trash talking I can't back my mouth up Fred Smoot would have made that tackle like any other DB would have on Peerless Price where Price was pretty much on the turf when he got there, then we are talking about 4 less points..

I wouldn't be so quick to put this loss on BJ's shoulders as I would the penalties, and the piss poor tackling.. Our defense played like crap today, and our offense sucked.. Yet we lost by 5 points, not to bad after the game they played..

davike is offline Team Alumni

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    He was terrible at best, he lost the game for the vikings today.
    Two int's, one fumble to stall a drive.
    Many bad throws today.
    He should know not to throw the ball over the middle with 10 seconds left in a game, he had nothing, he should have tossed it out of bounds and given the team one more shot.
    When are the fans going to realize he cannot win games for this team.
    I know he usually doesnt lose games, but this team needs a QB to win games. We need to score points in the beginning of a game so we can use chester taylor more efficent.

I knew from the start he was not good enough to be a starter any longer.
    If this team has last years D, we would be 0-4 right now.
    We are even lucky to be 2-2 right now, if it wasnt for the bone head play of the year, this team would be tied with green bay.
    I hope TJ progresses much faster than anticpated or this team will be a non factor for more than just this year.
    Johnson sure was a warrior today.
    Thanks a bunch

hmnm i was seriously considering the ignore button for the first time...so tell me, genious, if you know so much about BJ, who do you think should be starting for this team that is or was within our reach? or would you rather have culpepper back? there is no way that you can blame all our short comings on offense on BJ, who has been consistent...not putting up monster numbers but still very consistent. yeah he has made some mistakes but what QB doesn't make some mistakes? he has been one of the most consistent under rated QBs that play still or all time for that matter. so tell me who you would have starting that is or was within our reach...pleeeeese enlighten us all!!! the mistakes have been made by alot of different ppl on the offensive side of the ball not just BJ.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

We need to score points in the beginning of a game so we can use chester taylor more efficent.
    while we havnt scored TD's enough, we have scored on our 1st drive really well, just seem to lack afterwards

johnson is a stud.. he's consistantly played well, while i do think the first INT probably could have been prevented, the 2nd was just a plain good play by the D.

watch brad as he's being hit, he had a big completion today while being hit, last week he threw a big pass while falling backwards, 2 weeks ago he threw left handed for a first down...

our offense as a whole needs to still get it together.. ecspecially our butterfinger recievers

brad stays

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

One thread is all about smoot playing like crap and he needs to be cut, then people stand up for brad here?
    Smoot and windfield played bad yesterday, both gave up too many yards and both had problems getting their man on the turf.
    But to stand up for a QB that cannot hit the deep pass, cannot convert the third downs until the fourth quarter, throws the ball down the middle with 10 seconds left in the game, is over my head.
    I do not want any former QB back here, I think both are having bad years.
    That being said, if this team was playing this bad on offence with culpepper as the QB, the bench pep chant would be all over the place.
    Johnson deserves what he is getting until he can put up the numbers that others are.
    He needs more than 2 td passes in 4 games, he needs to put the ball in the endzone before the fourth quarter.
    How many times before the TD catch did he attempt to throw the ball in the endzone?
    Thats not all coaching.
    If you want to talk him up like he is the second coming, I would expect him to put up the numbers.
    Numbers do matter, TD passes do matter.
    This team will not win by kicking field goals.
    You republican whore!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    One thread is all about smoot playing like crap and he needs to be cut, then people stand up for brad here?
    Smoot and windfield played bad yesterday, both gave up too many yards and both had problems getting their man on the turf.
    Winfield was all over the field, making big tackles and forcing outside runs inside.
    He did not have a bad game yesterday.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Brad Johnson shouldn't be benched. Frankly you're talking rubbish, Purple. Who would go in to replace him? Brooks Bollinger?! Do me a favour.. The simple fact is this team plays on a knife-edge. EVERYTHING is magnified because there's such a small margin-of-error. We haven't conceded more than 16 points in a game this season, and when the points totals are as low as that every scoring opportunity becomes even more important than it would for someone like the Bengals or Colts (who can seemingly score at will). You can't blame Brad Johnson for the number of dropped balls by Williamson and Marcus Robinson. There were 2 HUGE drops last night, one by Williamson on a broken third-down that went right through his arms, in a reply of what happened in Washington, and Marcus Robinson wide-open down the right sideline, another pass that goes straight through the receiver's hands. Unless you want to try and convince me that it was BJ's fault he didn't make the pass easier to catch you should get a grip.

Prophet Guest

This is the closest I have ever come to agreeing with you, but I still don't.
    Not that you care or read any comments addressing your comments anyway.

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Smoot's play has been questionable, when opposing teams look at him as the weakest link in coverage and successfully work him over it is easy to see.
    Winfield appeared to be playing tough.
    The defense gave up a bunch of yards but they have also kept the pt production to an average of 16 pts per game.
    I would say that's not too shabby.

But to stand up for a QB that cannot hit the deep pass, cannot convert the third downs until the fourth quarter, throws the ball down the middle with 10 seconds left in the game, is over my head.
    I've seen him hit the deep pass and have seen the passes dropped.
    Their inability to convert 3rd downs is a problem that I would put on the whole offense and coaching staff.
    I also was wondering WTF they were doing passing to McMuffin in the middle of the field with no timeouts left.
    I was also wondering why the only time they could move the ball was in the opening drive and when the time was expiring.
    Spread the field more, they can do it, why don't they?
    Do they like to play idol and wait until the pressure is on before trying to win the game?
    I don't get it.

That being said, if this team was playing this bad on offence with culpepper as the QB, the bench pep chant would be all over the place.

You almost had me, you do care.
    Until you get over your Culpepper crotch sniffing it will be tough for you to see what is going on in the game.
    Culpepper would have been torn up if he was still here.
    He can't even perform against the bottom-feeder teams in the league this year.
    Johnson has not been a hero either and the fingers will begin to point to him when/if it is time.

Johnson deserves what he is getting until he can put up the numbers that others are.
    He needs more than 2 td passes in 4 games, he needs to put the ball in the endzone before the fourth quarter.
    How many times before the TD catch did he attempt to throw the ball in the endzone?
    Thats not all coaching.

He does have to start putting up better numbers.
    The receivers could help him out a little too.
    So could the running game and play calling.
    There are problems with the offense, anyone can see that.
    Is it BJ?
    Maybe partially his fault.
    Would your hero be doing any better?
    No way.

If you want to talk him up like he is the second coming, I would expect him to put up the numbers.
    Numbers do matter, TD passes do matter.
    This team will not win by kicking field goals.

I have yet to see anyone talk about BJ beiing the second coming, but you like to mention that in your posts.
    Review the history, it's not that complicated.
    Culpepper wanted out, he left.
    The Vikings used a high pick for Tarvaris Jackson and solidified some other areas of the team.
    Brad Johnson was already on the roster and the Vikings needed someone to train Tarvaris up and buy time after their franchise QB went psycho on them.
    Some are thankful that BJ was on the roster because of the given situation.
    He can fill a role until the next guy comes into that role.
    Simple process.
    Who do you want to QB?
    Bollinger?
    Henson?
    O'Sullivan?
    McMahon?
    It's a relative comparison.
    Given the situation that the Vikings are in BJ is the best option for now.

"Prophet" wrote:
    This is the closest I have ever come to agreeing with you, but I still don't.
    Not that you care or read any comments addressing your comments anyway.

You almost had me, you do care.
    Until you get over your Culpepper crotch sniffing it will be tough for you to see what is going on in the game.
    Culpepper would have been torn up if he was still here.
    He can't even perform against the bottom-feeder teams in the league this year.
    Johnson has not been a hero either and the fingers will begin to point to him when/if it is time.

Thats not all coaching.

He does have to start putting up better numbers.
    The receivers could help him out a little too.
    So could the running game and play calling.
    There are problems with the offense, anyone can see that.
    Is it BJ?
    Maybe partially his fault.
    Would your hero be doing any better?
    No way.
    Culpepper lost to HOUSTON yesterday, for God's sake.
    If that doesn't show folks what a stiff he is, I don't know what will.

=Z=

marantzo is offline Rookie

BJ certainly didn't have a good game. There were reasons for it. The cardinal reason is that the Bills rushers were in his face all day. On seemingly every play. I figured before this game that our line had the advantage and that the nprotection would be the difference, because when Brad has any time he eats you up. But it was the opposite and BJ seemed to lose his cool which isn't a common thing for him. That one int was a bad one. Just a sign that he was trying to force things. Something that is uncharacteristic. And too make a bad situation worse, Brad made some good, deep throws when he was almost on his back and they were dropped. He's probably one of the most focused and level-headed QB's in the league, but he's human and those things can't help but affect you. And there is nothing wrong with Taylor. When he was stuffed, there were a host of players on him as soon as he got the ball. When he had the least opening he made the best of it. In my eyes he keeps making 2 yard gains into 5-6 yard gains when it looks like he will be stopped. He's a very good back and could use better production from the O line.

What disturbed me the most, outside of the avalnche of miscues, was our inability to cover their recievers. We even got lucky with some bad passes and some dropped ball on their part. They were open all day. And when we had INT's within grasp, we didn't grasp them.

On the up side our D line played very well as usual and kept us in the game.

If we can play that badly and still have a shot then if we ever get firing on all cylinders, we should be able to take charge and not make every game a life threatening situation for the fans with heart problems.

"marantzo" wrote:
    BJ certainly didn't have a good game. There were reasons for it. The cardinal reason is that the Bills rushers were in his face all day.
    Say what?
    The Bills didn't record a single sack, and I only recall one time that they were even close - and that's being in his face all day?

=Z=

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast