Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

johnson earned that 1.2 today

He was terrible at best, he lost the game for the vikings today.
    Two int's, one fumble to stall a drive.
    Many bad throws today.
    He should know not to throw the ball over the middle with 10 seconds left in a game, he had nothing, he should have tossed it out of bounds and given the team one more shot.
    When are the fans going to realize he cannot win games for this team.
    I know he usually doesnt lose games, but this team needs a QB to win games. We need to score points in the beginning of a game so we can use chester taylor more efficent.
    I knew from the start he was not good enough to be a starter any longer.
    If this team has last years D, we would be 0-4 right now.
    We are even lucky to be 2-2 right now, if it wasnt for the bone head play of the year, this team would be tied with green bay.
    I hope TJ progresses much faster than anticpated or this team will be a non factor for more than just this year.
    Johnson sure was a warrior today.
    Thanks a bunch
    You republican whore!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: johnson earned that 1.2 today

If his recievers could catch his passes, we could be 4-0.. I agree he didnt not have a good game.. but its not all his fault dude.. He's under pressure a lot

Im just saying if we would have a go-to guy who can make plays, when he's covered too.. he would put up a lot of better numbers..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Where is the 100 million line, Brad did have Bills in his face and nipping at his heels all day.
    Where is the dominating run game, the holes haven’t started opening with any consistency and I'm getting impatient waiting for them to gel.

Gift is offline Coordinator

I don't agree with that at all.
    BJ made the best of the plays that were called, WR's dropped the plays that could have been huge.
    I don't see how you can blame BJ for not addressing a huge weakness in the offseason.
    I would blame the entire org for this one.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Many bad throws today.
    He should know not to throw the ball over the middle with 10 seconds left in a game, he had nothing, he should have tossed it out of bounds and given the team one more shot.
    I know he usually doesnt lose games, but this team needs a QB to win games. We need to score points in the beginning of a game so we can use chester taylor more efficent.

We are even lucky to be 2-2 right now, if it wasnt for the bone head play of the year, this team would be tied with green bay.
    I hope TJ progresses much faster than anticpated or this team will be a non factor for more than just this year.
    Thanks a bunch
    I dont put this as much on Johnsons inability to move the team as I put it on the coaches to put in a better game plan.
    I think the lack of offense has more to do with the gameplan than the talent and/or execution of the playmakers.
    The Vikes showed they are capable of moving the ball (in the hurry up offense)....
    I think that is partially due to the prevent defense and partially due to not being so rigid with "the plan".
    These guys are football players....let them make some plays!

I understand that the days of the explosive, score at will, offense is over.... but if we are going to change to a grinding offense than we MUST do better than 3 and out for 80% of the game...
    Grind it out offense means 10 to 15 down drives.
    Our defense, if rested, is capable of stopping anyone.

Im rambling now....
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

maybe childress will finally be man enough to hand over the play calling to the offensive cordinator. wouldnt that be crazy.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think our WR's inability to catch the football has Brad not going through his porgressions, he's missed some open guys. But i refuse to put it on his shoulders, i counted them at least FIVE two handed drops today. At some point its got to take its tole. It kills drives and looses you games. Tackling and catching footballs, owe so important.

Blame the game on fred smoot...

Prophet Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Many bad throws today.

Thanks a bunch
    You're always man enough to show up and spout off about your genius when something goes your way.
    You have been a Culpepper crotch sniffer since that whole ordeal went down last offseason and have hated BJ consistently.
    I'll give you credit for that, your consistency, better than some changing their allegiance with the wind.

The Vikings O looked pathetic today, sloppy, penalties galore.
    The whole offense needs a swift kick in the nuts.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

It certainly wasn't all Brad's fault. Two INTs does suck, but one was a great play by the linebacker, and if Marcus and Troy wouldn't have dropped those balls, then we would probably be 3-1 right now. He didn't play great, I'll give you that, but he had guys in his face all day and was on the wrong end of some dropped passes. You can't blame it all on Brad.

I put the blame on Childress and our overpaid O line. The Bills have a smaller D-line that should have been dominated by Birk, Hutchinson and McKinnie (who takes plays off ala Moss). As for Childress, he's trying to be Andy Reid and be the tough guy play caller. Maybe it's time to retool the O-line coaching and playcalling and get some TDs and stop passing every opportunity at getting a wide reciever to help us out (Branch, Lelie, Morgan, Porter). If we had just kept Linnehan......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast