Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

Johnny Football Dreams Are Over? (For Vikings)

Let that be a lesson to all those young boys out there. Go out in the yard, grab a football, and practice throwing it through a tire. Or something like that.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    I like to think I'm a fairly confident guy but I wouldn't even know what to do with Bortles' girlfriend.
    Ah, I hear ya…holy sh++ https://www.google.com/search?q=lind...w=1347&bih=712

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    This was the guy I was leaning towards before his knee injury, I could see him playing outside for the Vikes at home in December but was worried about the knee.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    This was the guy I was leaning towards before his knee injury, I could see him playing outside for the Vikes at home in December but was worried about the knee.
    I am not that worried about his knee, he is not a RB or a WR. He is not even an RGIII, he is a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning type (obviously, I don't mean he is going to be a HOF QB). He is a pocket passer with a big arm and good leadership in the huddle. If I am concerned about anything it is with his off the field issues, but I think he has grown up and should be a good pro.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

purpledoom is offline Starter
    I've said all along I like Manziel followed by McCarron. Clowney's not going to be there at 8 and I seriously doubt Mack will be either, so you're probably looking at a quarterback, like it or not.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I am not that worried about his knee, he is not a RB or a WR. He is not even an RGIII, he is a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning type (obviously, I don't mean he is going to be a HOF QB). He is a pocket passer with a big arm and good leadership in the huddle. If I am concerned about anything it is with his off the field issues, but I think he has grown up and should be a good pro.
    From what I had heard before his injury were several comparisons to Ben Roethisberger based on his arm strength and stature with nothing to do with any of Bens other issues. Also heard Zach was a linebacker in high school when he was converted to quarterback out of a need at the position and that he picked it up quickly, his throwing motion, due to his baseball experience. I do like the idea of the Vikes drafting Zach over Johnny football (2nd round) and avoiding all the red flags that hover around Manziel. I have a hard time seeing Manziel scrambling around at TCF in December and January with a good out come in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I like McCarron also, he is a winner. If I were to list them in the order in which I would draft them it would be:

1. Bortles
    2. Manziel
    3. Mettenberger
    4. McCarron
    5. Carr
    6. Savage

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

rockymtdan is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    That could waste my whole day, but does make for a good screen saver
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I like McCarron also, he is a winner. If I were to list them in the order in which I would draft them it would be:

1. Bortles
    2. Manziel
    3. Mettenberger
    4. McCarron
    5. Carr
    6. Savage
    No Bridgewater?
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    No Bridgewater?
    I forgot about Bridgewater because I would take Bortles and Manziel over Bridgewater so I thought he would not be there. I would not take Bridgewater with our first pick but if I had to place him in the order I would put him behind Mettenberger. I know a lot of people are high on Bridgewater and he could be a great pro and I think he will be a starter but that is about it. I know I could be wrong that is just the impression I get. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted Bridgewater in the middle of the first round but not with the 8th pick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast