Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    5vikingsrule6 is offline Training Camp

Johnny Football Dreams Are Over? (For Vikings)

Looks like we are trying for defense first (which I don't think is a bad thing!) and trying to snag this stud in the 2nd round… Zach Mettenberger from LSU

NFL | Report: Vikings eye Mettenberger in 2nd round - Rotoworld.com

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach

There is a month left on speculation. NO ONE'S dream is over ATM.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    There is a month left on speculation. NO ONE'S dream is over ATM.
    LOL, was that meant to be aTm.

ATM

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by 5vikingsrule6 View Post
    Looks like we are trying for defense first (which I don't think is a bad thing!) and trying to snag this stud in the 2nd round… Zach Mettenberger from LSU

NFL | Report: Vikings eye Mettenberger in 2nd round - Rotoworld.com
    If we pass on Manziel and Bortles, Mettenberger is the guy I want. He is a first round talent but he had some off filed issues and then blew out his knee (ACL). Great size and has one of the strongest arms in the draft. Great presence in the pocket and a good leader. The knock on him is that he locks onto his target and allows DBs to close on WRs. IMO Turner could work with this guy, very similar to Bortles with a bigger arm.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Hopefully tha won't draft him at 8 they need to go defense wit that first round pick

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Hopefully tha won't draft him at 8 they need to go defense wit that first round pick
    Second round, and not before. I really think Zimmer and Spielman do not expect Manziel to fall to them now, so they are looking for a second option in case a stud defensive player drops to 8... OR more likely, they are going to trade back to get more picks and know they will need to get their QB in the second round or later.

That they are looking beyond the top 4 QBs doesn't surprise me, it actually makes me happy; they are running through the most likely scenarios. For the record, I REALLY like Manziel if we draft a QB at 8, and Mettenberger if we wait until the 2nd round. Garopollo reminds me of Ponder WAAAYYY too much.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Second round, and not before. I really think Zimmer and Spielman do not expect Manziel to fall to them now, so they are looking for a second option in case a stud defensive player drops to 8... OR more likely, they are going to trade back to get more picks and know they will need to get their QB in the second round or later.

That they are looking beyond the top 4 QBs doesn't surprise me, it actually makes me happy; they are running through the most likely scenarios. For the record, I REALLY like Manziel if we draft a QB at 8, and Mettenberger if we wait until the 2nd round. Garopollo reminds me of Ponder WAAAYYY too much.
    +1

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Don't mind Mettenberger, but each day I have more love for AJ McCarron. The guy is a winner and reminds me of Russell Wilson in the fact that he gets the attention of guys around him and can lead a football team.

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecocksbaseball31 View Post
    Don't mind Mettenberger, but each day I have more love for AJ McCarron. The guy is a winner and reminds me of Russell Wilson in the fact that he gets the attention of guys around him and can lead a football team.
    I like McCarron too…but, he's got a lot in common with Ponder, in that, his wife is hot. Katherine Webb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I like McCarron too…but, he's got a lot in common with Ponder, in that, his wife is hot. Katherine Webb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like to think I'm a fairly confident guy but I wouldn't even know what to do with Bortles' girlfriend.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast