Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    purpledoom is offline Starter
    Sounds like Manziel to me. I know some discredit his arm, I think it's much better than some want to give him credit for. He seriously reminds me of a combination of Favre and Tark.

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Russell, Kaepernik, and even Newton, rarely take a hit. Nothing wrong with being able to run, but their job is to pass. If they can't pass, nothing else matters. If they can only pass, they will need an offensive line like Brady has in order to be successful, and those lines are rare.
    Give me a QB with passing accuracy above all else, but the ability to run if needed, and the wisdom to not take unnecessary hits.
    Which QB does that describe?
    I'm with you on all of that. I've noticed that wisdom with Wilson in particular. And he still breaks off big runs. I am very curious to see how Manziel pans out. I wouldn't be surprised if he succeeds or fails dramatically. I still think he's going #1. Not that I would take him there, but it just makes so much sense for him to stay in Texas.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Greg Cosell sees “a wide variation” in Johnny Manziel’s quality of play | ProFootballTalk

Speaking on the station’s “The Midday 180″ program, Cosell said that Manziel’s final two regular-season starts of 2013 — losses to LSU and Missouri — were notable in how poorly the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner played.

“If those were the first two games you put on and watched, you’d say he’s almost undraftable,” Cosell said. “He was so bad in those two games that you’d struggle to figure out, ‘Can I even draft this guy?’”

In those defeats, Manziel completed a combined 40-of-76 passes for 419 yards with two TDs and two interceptions. He was also held to 75 yards rushing on 23 attempts.

Cosell noted that any team considering Manziel had to have an idea of what he did well and what he lacked.

“I would say overall, he’s a small quarterback with outstanding movement and improvisation,” Cosell said of Manziel, who was listed at 6-foot-1 and 210 pounds in college. “At times, he showed very strong flashes of structured pocket play that clearly project to the NFL, so I think it’ll come down to how you balance these issues.

“The other thing I say about Manziel is he’s much more of a see-it-throw-it quarterback than an anticipation thrower. He’s not really a timing/anticipation thrower on film. So you have to figure out the pros and the cons and where you stand on those pros and cons.”
    He likes Bortles the best in this year's draft, but says no one is even close to an Andrew Luck caliber.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Greg Cosell sees “a wide variation” in Johnny Manziel’s quality of play | ProFootballTalk

He likes Bortles the best in this year's draft, but says no one is even close to an Andrew Luck caliber.
    That's why I think the Vikings should draft defense first, and draft the best available QB with their second pick (which hopefully will be traded up into the bottom third of the first round).

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    I'm with you on all of that. I've noticed that wisdom with Wilson in particular. And he still breaks off big runs. I am very curious to see how Manziel pans out. I wouldn't be surprised if he succeeds or fails dramatically. I still think he's going #1. Not that I would take him there, but it just makes so much sense for him to stay in Texas.
    I don't think Johnny Manziel is the type of QB O'Brien would take in the draft. I think that Bortles is exactly the type of QB O'Brien would draft. So my guess if the Texans don't take Clowney they will go with Bortles IMO.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    That's why I think the Vikings should draft defense first, and draft the best available QB with their second pick (which hopefully will be traded up into the bottom third of the first round).
    I would stay in the third and Draft Mettenberger. He will be there and we may be able to trade back into the middle of the second round if you don't want to use our second on him. I think he will go anywhere from 64 to 80. I know that sounds high for him but all QBs are going to be pushed up the value chart because of the demand and pressure to get that "franchise QB".

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123