Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    And the money lost to being sued!

With that being said I believe Manziel will be drafted by the Texans and Schaub will be cut and signed by the Vikings.

We will draft BPA and I hope it is Sammy Watkins!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't believe in "clutch." Is the QB throwing the ball any more clutch than the receiver making the catch or the linemen blocking who contribute to the success of the play? If 10 defensive players do their job right, and one fails, allowing offensive success, are they not clutch too? They did their job just as well as anyone else, theoretically, but the team failed regardless. You either execute or you don't on a given play.

That being said, it's clear that Manziel's skill set gives him a better chance than most to make plays when things start to break down around him.

His size is a concern to some, it's not something I'm particularly concerned with at QB. If he were a 5'11" 190lb defensive end I'd be worried.

I'd be happy to see him selected if he's the best player available when the Vikings are on the clock, but I think there will end up being a few guys who grade out ahead of him. I'd rather see a first round pick used on defense this year.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    And the money lost to being sued!

With that being said I believe Manziel will be drafted by the Texans and Schaub will be cut and signed by the Vikings.

We will draft BPA and I hope it is Sammy Watkins!
    Oh Hell nooo! No to Schaub....ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    I don't believe in "clutch." Is the QB throwing the ball any more clutch than the receiver making the catch or the linemen blocking who contribute to the success of the play? If 10 defensive players do their job right, and one fails, allowing offensive success, are they not clutch too? They did their job just as well as anyone else, theoretically, but the team failed regardless. You either execute or you don't on a given play.

That being said, it's clear that Manziel's skill set gives him a better chance than most to make plays when things start to break down around him.

His size is a concern to some, it's not something I'm particularly concerned with at QB. If he were a 5'11" 190lb defensive end I'd be worried.

I'd be happy to see him selected if he's the best player available when the Vikings are on the clock, but I think there will end up being a few guys who grade out ahead of him. I'd rather see a first round pick used on defense this year.
    Not sure why you don't believe in clutch. Some players seem to obviously thrive on those kind of situations when others not so much. I would love to see us draft Manziel but I really don't think he will be there at #8.

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I would LOVE to see either Manziel or Bridgewater in purple, I think both will be stars in the NFL. But I also know that some stars fall, and the picks we would have to give up for either of those 2 just seem too important ATM for us to give up.

I know little nothing about Bortles, so I left him out of this discussion. I figure we will know a LOT more by the time the draft rolls around.

All this being said, what other QB options do you guys see in this year's draft? I have heard about:
    -Carr
    -Grappolo
    -McCarron

Who else might go in the second round that has been under the radar?
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

I like McCarron, totally different style of play from Manziel I know. He comes from a big time school, from some of what I've read he has confidence and he's a winner. I am really tired of the "project" qb. How often do any of them pan out ?

Johnny Football is the answer

Bortles is who I would take, but I think he will be gone. Johnny football ? Noway I think he will be hurt often.
    None

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    running qbs dont make it in the nfl ..back in the day yes but todays game is kill the qb ...yes make a play with ur legs ...extend a play ...but running nobody wants there qb to run ...not the way johnny football did in college this is the nfl stands for not for long if he trys that bs

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleblood32 View Post
    running qbs dont make it in the nfl ..back in the day yes but todays game is kill the qb ...yes make a play with ur legs ...extend a play ...but running nobody wants there qb to run ...not the way johnny football did in college this is the nfl stands for not for long if he trys that bs
    Or you could say that protecting the QB is the biggest part of the game today. Hence why we are seeing more agile Qbs. Russell, Kap, Rogers, Vick, Cam, Luck, Rg3 all have legs.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Or you could say that protecting the QB is the biggest part of the game today. Hence why we are seeing more agile Qbs. Russell, Kap, Rogers, Vick, Cam, Luck, Rg3 all have legs.
    Russell, Kaepernik, and even Newton, rarely take a hit. Nothing wrong with being able to run, but their job is to pass. If they can't pass, nothing else matters. If they can only pass, they will need an offensive line like Brady has in order to be successful, and those lines are rare.
    Give me a QB with passing accuracy above all else, but the ability to run if needed, and the wisdom to not take unnecessary hits.
    Which QB does that describe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast